E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Someone is joining the Ultra Racing Club

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2011, 10:44 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am actually really not smart at all. That is what is frustrating is that even a dope like myself sees some common sense things that others seem to just be oblivious to.

1.Again people who did not read the post say that a strut brace defiently does something. OF COURSE!! That is why bmw ALREADY HAS a strut brace on the oem car-the black steel bars in a "v" shape are already strut braces! My point is an ADDITIONAL strut brace or one in the configuration of a straight piece of metal is surely not as good as the V-shaped stock bar bmw already has. It would be nothing off them to put a straight bar if it was better than the V bar they already have. You can only limit body flex by so much with a strut bar. The one they have is sufficient to prevent flex as much as you can.

2.Since when is pointing out flaws in peoples purchases to save other members hard earnered money something evil? Why would I want to see everyone who works hard for their money not to waste money. Sometimes people who are all over a mod is biases as they sunk money into something and I do not want people to waste money on misrespresentations of the performance of such a mod (not saying people are intentionally misleading but placebo effect is strong as well as justifying their purchase) I have done this before, even convincing myself a mod was worth it when in reality and objectively, it was not.

Threatning with a ban over anything that is not a "congrats, great mod, enjoy, sweet, love it" seems like that would be a mind numbingly boring forum with very little practical utility.

I feel the best function of a forum is to get quality information that can help consumers. The problem is weeding through the asbsolute garbage of misinformation in here. I enjoy helping weed through that for people.

If you have ever followed my posts you would be hard pressed to find anyone who has given more ACCURATE useful information to people with a variety of problems or situations with the e60. Sure, many are uber positive people with really no substantive contribution to any posts but yes they do not ever get banned because they offer nothing bad but also nothing good except cheerleading any post whatsover.

My only point is to point out the truth as I see it. If that means I do not agree with a thread in order to open others eyes so be it. Threatning a ban everytime you do not like a post geneatels is pretty lame. Just do not read my posts. Why after all this time can you not resist reading everyone of my posts?

Seems like after years of a guy complaining about my posts--if this person also reads everyone, what does that say about you?
Old 06-05-2011, 01:27 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Diamond, it's not about what you say, it's how you say it and calling members stupid because they have a different opinion than yours is the reason you're being warned.

Have you ever thought why you've been banned so many times already? It's for the same type of behavior. You just seem to know how to rub everyone the wrong way.

As for Gene reading your posts, he's a Mod so it's his responsibility to keep the peace especially when it comes to repeat offenders like you.
Old 06-05-2011, 01:35 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan
Diamond, it's not about what you say, it's how you say it and calling members stupid because they have a different opinion than yours is the reason you're being warned.

Have you ever thought why you've been banned so many times already? It's for the same type of behavior. You just seem to know how to rub everyone the wrong way.

As for Gene reading your posts, he's a Mod so it's his responsibility to keep the peace especially when it comes to repeat offenders like you.

+1000 Also, stating your opinions (as you yourself posted they are) and then saying they are "the TRUTH" is as misleading to other modders as incorrect information. ECF explained in another thread about different dynos yielding different results. And DBae and I have attempted to explain that the "placebo effect" you refer to is negated when you actually have practice and seat time on an actual track and have felt the changes a car goes through in that situation. Will you feel 2 extra hp? Of course not, but when combined with other mods each little mod does have a cumulative effect.
Example: Someone driving an Original Mini Cooper, are they right in thinking they can easily keep up with a 69 Camaro SS? You might not think so, but go ahead and look up the BTCC from the 60's. The Mini kept up very well with the Camaros and Mustangs of the day despite the HUGE difference in power and torque, and add to it the Mini had an FF setup too? Amazing.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by Diamond
My only point is to point out the truth as I see it. If that means I do not agree with a thread in order to open others eyes so be it. Threatning a ban everytime you do not like a post geneatels is pretty lame. Just do not read my posts. Why after all this time can you not resist reading everyone of my posts?

Seems like after years of a guy complaining about my posts--if this person also reads everyone, what does that say about you?
as a moderator, it is my job to read everyone's posts, including yours. Why should any member on here feel the need or urge to resist reading another's post/s?

did you not read my post entirely sir, I requested for you to pm me if you feel/felt the need to further discuss....

Gene
Old 06-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

This forum is for information, camaraderie and the occasional "Lounge" post.....Having to sift through this inane banter just does NOTHING for the enjoyment level of this forum....A better understanding of this forum, it's rules and the responsibilities of the Mods will go a LONG way toward making this place better and keeping mindless bickering to a minimum!

Someone is joining the Ultra Racing Club-king_rodney.jpg

Can't we all just get along???
Old 06-05-2011, 04:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530xi: Sport, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, HD Radio, SAT, Custom NCS coded options 2008 535xi: Sport, Night Vision, NAV, PDC, HUD, Cold Wthr, CA, Logic 7, SAT, Custom NCS coded options, Rear Seat Heat Retrofit, Passport 9500ci
Model Year: 2008
Engine: N54

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Gene and the other moderators of this forum. This is by FAR the best forum for good conversation and help. Other forums are so predictable in the BS it is really hard to try and participate.
I try really hard to read my own posts and re-write my smart-ass comments - occasionally one slips through when I drink-and-post
Old 06-05-2011, 04:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by NoQuarter
Just wanted to say a big thanks to Gene and the other moderators of this forum. This is by FAR the best forum for good conversation and help. Other forums are so predictable in the BS it is really hard to try and participate.
I try really hard to read my own posts and re-write my smart-ass comments - occasionally one slips through when I drink-and-post

Yeah, but I gotta give you a lot of credit. Starting from day one you have contributed some RE$ALLY good DIY's - which is a big thing that differentiates this forum above others. The great DIYs by guys like you and Rizbel to name just 2 that have done some fantastic ones. Keep it up
Old 06-05-2011, 04:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

Originally Posted by mmitev
I am very glad for you man! This is exactly the same experience that I had with mine. I'm just not sure about the understeering part, but I also don't have coilovers...

This proves just once again that all the people that say "the E60 is soo solid, it needs no strut brace" or "the E60 has strut brace from factory, buying another one is pointless and stupid" are just talking f****ng BS!!

And +1 to Pingu on the "chassis like jelly" comment.

Don't take it personally with the look and stuff - I was just thinking and comparing loudly. To me the function is also the key thing about a brace.
Dont worry I didn't take it personally too.
Just like to write about my own feelings
no family car is stiff unless it made out of CF+P Chassis
even the M5 is not stiff at all. That why they had bars for all M cars as option.
so will you get the rest too?
Old 06-05-2011, 04:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Diamond
Come on folks if this made a big difference why wouldnt bmw put this on a sport pack car? They go to the trouble of designing an advanced anti-roll active bar system but they wouldnt slap a 100 dollar bar on the engine bay if it really made a difference.

Placebo effect at its greatest!
BMW make the M bars for our cars too but it is option.
ricky from HK and some other guys in US have install the M bars.
BMW dont have them as standard on it because about 90% of driver and passenger don't like the car to be that stiff and what a more softer ride for comfit.
Old 06-05-2011, 04:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
I think the main question regarding this product: has anyone tracked there cars before and after this mod, or at least tried some sort of individual handling testing pre and post install.
Yes Yes I love to know too.
you guy which go down the track alot should buy 1 and give it a try.
most track car already have welded bars on the car in the 1st place.
but not on road cars.

Quick Reply: Someone is joining the Ultra Racing Club