E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Seriously, $2400 for a cat back exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pjinca
LOL ok, OUTSIDE the strip clubs they're broke. It was all over the news when I was there for Interop a couple of weeks ago, elementary and high schools closing due to lack of funds. That and 120 degree heat make Vegas a no go to live, it's miserable.
Red Rock and summerlin are uneffected, its the areas southern to the strip which are more recently developed that are facing difficulties due to the economic downturns, specifically the arizona trails district. My electric bill there from post memorial holiday - sept is about $1400 month from the A/C but those are the months I spend a lot of time there ( no more snow in LA), where else within a 3 hour drive from LA can I go to a beach /pool party at 1 am and still enjoy the 99 degrees??? Red Rock has been my summer home since 2001, the only honest downside to vegas is the quality of life for our kids.
Old 05-19-2010, 01:54 PM
Contributors

My Ride: F90 M5 Singapore Grey Executive package blacked out grill, body matched paint
Model Year: 2019

But what about the serendipitous eggmen? Where are they?
Old 05-28-2010, 09:17 PM
Members

My Ride: Current: '08 535i Recent BMW: '95 M3 (swapped) Engine- Swapped '95 S50 with '99 S52 3.2L bored/stroked to 3.3L, kept OBD1 JE Pistons (9.0:1 compression ratio) Pauter connecting rods Schrick Camshafts Vortech V2 w/ custom bypass valve RMS Aftercooler Head modifications Ported and Polished, large valve springs and retainers, Valves Yes, but don't know name Valve springs Yes, but don't know name Retainers Yes, but don't know name Electromotive TEC III stand alone engine management, tuned by Vic Sias of Sias Tuning S50 Intake manifold Dinan Throttle Body 42lb Fuel injectors Custom RMS air intake RMS Header Custom header-back exhaust Quad exit rolled tips, polished exhaust High flow catalytic converter NGK Spark plugs B&M short shift kit Centerforce Dual Friction clutch Odyssey PC 680 Lightweight Battery Exterior- House of Kolor Moondust Silver Custom 1.5" flares molded into body Trim painted and molded into fender flares Dresmann body kit from Germany (front bumper, sideskirts, rear bumper) Kerscher 3 piece CF spoiler - imported from Germany CF side mirrors DTM Authaus CF vented hood Lighting- Gourmet Garage HID's Umnitza Angel Eyes OEM Euro tails Clear corners Interior- Seats Sparco Torino Alcantara door panel inserts silver Brand new OEM ///M3 floor mats Carbon Fiber interior trim pieces Autometer Pro-Comp Boost Gauge Autometer Pro-Comp AFR Gauge New silver/black ///M3 shift knob Custom trunk floor with amps mounted in bottom OMP Racing black suede steering wheel Valentine One hardwire kit/windshield mount Car Audio- Eclipse Head Unit (w/ sub control) Two Diamond Audio Amplifiers Diamond Audio mids, highs in car Two 15" Diamond Audio free air Subs in trunk Street Wires wiring Wheels/Tires, Brakes Front wheels 19x8.5 BBS CH wrapped in 245/35/19 Yokahama AVS Rear wheels 19x9.5 BBS CH wrapped in 275/30/19 Yokohama AVS Stainless Steel brake lines New PBR Metal Master pads in front (less than 500mi) HP Racing 15" Rotor HP Racing 8 Piston Caliper Suspension components- Front springs/coilovers (brand) H&R Coilovers (adjustable) Bilstein front dampers Rear springs/coilovers (brand) H&R Cupkit (adjustable) Bilstein rear dampers Total lowering (inches) (front) 1-3" Front RD Adjustable Sway bar Rear RD Adjustable Sway bar Sparco Front strut brace (adjustable) Energy Bushings NuFormz Chassis reinforcements (custom) Powerflex (brand new less than 1K miles)

Originally Posted by pjinca
Not really, I look for bang for the buck. If you've got the cash to spend on a system that gives about the same performance or less then feel free, but I look for ways to get the max gain for the least amount of expense. Very few of the truly wealthy people I have been around piss away money when they don't have to, they leave that to the newly rich.
+1
Old 05-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Members

My Ride: Current: '08 535i Recent BMW: '95 M3 (swapped) Engine- Swapped '95 S50 with '99 S52 3.2L bored/stroked to 3.3L, kept OBD1 JE Pistons (9.0:1 compression ratio) Pauter connecting rods Schrick Camshafts Vortech V2 w/ custom bypass valve RMS Aftercooler Head modifications Ported and Polished, large valve springs and retainers, Valves Yes, but don't know name Valve springs Yes, but don't know name Retainers Yes, but don't know name Electromotive TEC III stand alone engine management, tuned by Vic Sias of Sias Tuning S50 Intake manifold Dinan Throttle Body 42lb Fuel injectors Custom RMS air intake RMS Header Custom header-back exhaust Quad exit rolled tips, polished exhaust High flow catalytic converter NGK Spark plugs B&M short shift kit Centerforce Dual Friction clutch Odyssey PC 680 Lightweight Battery Exterior- House of Kolor Moondust Silver Custom 1.5" flares molded into body Trim painted and molded into fender flares Dresmann body kit from Germany (front bumper, sideskirts, rear bumper) Kerscher 3 piece CF spoiler - imported from Germany CF side mirrors DTM Authaus CF vented hood Lighting- Gourmet Garage HID's Umnitza Angel Eyes OEM Euro tails Clear corners Interior- Seats Sparco Torino Alcantara door panel inserts silver Brand new OEM ///M3 floor mats Carbon Fiber interior trim pieces Autometer Pro-Comp Boost Gauge Autometer Pro-Comp AFR Gauge New silver/black ///M3 shift knob Custom trunk floor with amps mounted in bottom OMP Racing black suede steering wheel Valentine One hardwire kit/windshield mount Car Audio- Eclipse Head Unit (w/ sub control) Two Diamond Audio Amplifiers Diamond Audio mids, highs in car Two 15" Diamond Audio free air Subs in trunk Street Wires wiring Wheels/Tires, Brakes Front wheels 19x8.5 BBS CH wrapped in 245/35/19 Yokahama AVS Rear wheels 19x9.5 BBS CH wrapped in 275/30/19 Yokohama AVS Stainless Steel brake lines New PBR Metal Master pads in front (less than 500mi) HP Racing 15" Rotor HP Racing 8 Piston Caliper Suspension components- Front springs/coilovers (brand) H&R Coilovers (adjustable) Bilstein front dampers Rear springs/coilovers (brand) H&R Cupkit (adjustable) Bilstein rear dampers Total lowering (inches) (front) 1-3" Front RD Adjustable Sway bar Rear RD Adjustable Sway bar Sparco Front strut brace (adjustable) Energy Bushings NuFormz Chassis reinforcements (custom) Powerflex (brand new less than 1K miles)

Originally Posted by RPIpower
What do you do for a living? Are you allowed to make money? I'm done with this thread.
Ironically, I own my own business. And do it well. Thank you. Like RPI, I charge what the market will pay. Any successful entrepreneur would do the same. Yet, that doesn't mean that someone may think my prices are high. "Quality" after all, is mostly subjective.

1 observation here is that people have become way too defensive if their precious little brand (or company) is mildly challenged. It's likely how I would have responded in my 20's. Perhaps there are people on this forum that should read:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/3244421/The-Four-Agreements

The more defensive people become, normally, the more there is to hide. "normally"

Anyway, I see fanaticism for the RPI brand on this board...and that is more than enough for me to say that this opinion leading community feels RPI is a trusted brand.
Old 05-30-2010, 05:57 AM
Members

I used to own my own small-business and from a business-owner's point of view, particularly for a small business, you have to make 100% profit to make money.
But that's impossible because of competition. Medium-sized business (few hundred employees) have to make do with about 35% profit to be profitable - but these days, that's not even possible because of stiff competition.

From a consumer's point-of-view, I don't care about that. All I care is price, quality and warranty/support. Being said that, manufacturer should NOT involve too much on forums unless it IS THEIR WEBSITE as it "cheapens" their reputation and name. Your professionalism shows on how you deal with customers and non-customers. Taking negative criticism too personally is not professional and not cool at all.

Big name companies (i.e. Apple, BMW, Rolex) don't go to forums to defend their products. They let their products speak for them selves. Enough said.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E36M3
Ironically, I own my own business. And do it well. Thank you. Like RPI, I charge what the market will pay. Any successful entrepreneur would do the same. Yet, that doesn't mean that someone may think my prices are high. "Quality" after all, is mostly subjective.

1 observation here is that people have become way too defensive if their precious little brand (or company) is mildly challenged. It's likely how I would have responded in my 20's. Perhaps there are people on this forum that should read:

The more defensive people become, normally, the more there is to hide. "normally"

Anyway, I see fanaticism for the RPI brand on this board...and that is more than enough for me to say that this opinion leading community feels RPI is a trusted brand.
well arent you a condescending little prick?

buy the exhaust or fuck off
Old 05-30-2010, 09:58 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
well arent you a condescending little prick?

buy the exhaust or fuck off
Hey fan boy when you post things like this you're hurting RPI more than helping. DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH

RPI is an established company here, they dont need you with your asshole comments defending their honor. Its not unreasonable to think someone wouldnt want to drop over 2k on a catback exhaust.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by E36M3

Originally Posted by 545iBMW
I used to own my own small-business and from a business-owner's point of view, particularly for a small business, you have to make 100% profit to make money.
But that's impossible because of competition. Medium-sized business (few hundred employees) have to make do with about 35% profit to be profitable - but these days, that's not even possible because of stiff competition.

From a consumer's point-of-view, I don't care about that. All I care is price, quality and warranty/support. Being said that, manufacturer should NOT involve too much on forums unless it IS THEIR WEBSITE as it "cheapens" their reputation and name. Your professionalism shows on how you deal with customers and non-customers. Taking negative criticism too personally is not professional and not cool at all.

Big name companies (i.e. Apple, BMW, Rolex) don't go to forums to defend their products. They let their products speak for them selves. Enough said.

Talk is cheap ladies. I would love to race my RPI m5 against anything you've got to put up against it.
Plain and simple, no more Internet warrior bs. Let's get together and go for a few friendly runs.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by dbae1978
Talk is cheap ladies. I would love to race my RPI m5 against anything you've got to put up against it.
Plain and simple, no more Internet warrior bs. Let's get together and go for a few friendly runs.
That is indeed the way to see how good RPI's performance mods work. Dbae's M5 has every available RPI performance mod other than the oil cooler. Having ridden in it at WOT, I can attest that it is scary fast.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

aside from interacting here on this online forum, some here are actual friends with members here. It just so happens some of these members/friends are vendors/manufacturers as well. That being said, if you see a friend put his/her hard work into developing a quality product and have seen first hand the R&D and/or performance gains with the finished product, wouldn't you be quick to comment about your friends hard work. Some may see this as fanaticism, some may seen this as blind loyalty....however you see it, posting back and forth about how much money you make and how a business should run is pointless. If one is that critical and skeptical about said products and it's advertised (sometimes proven) gains, take your time and research it for yourself. If you do not have the technical knowledge to understand the engineering behind the product, than ask, but don't ask about the price and attack one's business ethics and practice. Threads like that/this do nothing for perspective buyers and/or manufacturers, as off topic/subjective rather than objective posts are almost always made creating more a flame war than producing relevant info.

with whatever mods you choose, I'm sure you can find another member local to you with a similar set ups of different brands willing to test out which brand gives you the most bang for your $. Or an even more simple method is to invest in a V box and record pre and post trap speeds. Again, if one is that into mods and performance, a v box should be readily/easily available....

again, GL with your decision and GL with your mods....

</unsubscribed

Quick Reply: Seriously, $2400 for a cat back exhaust?