E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

RPi/Powerchip Tune for Ram Air - 525, 530, 545, 550

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 05:53 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Damn I was waaaay off. I was going for

BINGO!

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='848582' date='Apr 15 2009, 05:05 PM
Nein.... Only the other person that went up against Kenny will/should tell. He doesn't have to if he does want to. He's a respected member here.
No one's as respected as I am here.....hey so it must have been moi!!

To make a long story short I ran against Eddie (MPower82) and tied. We both have pretty much the same mods except he doesn't have RPI headers (I have RDSport headers). I also ran against Kenny and Rab Dog (Sohrab) and lost to both by at least a couple car lengths before we shut down. Kenny had the slight edge and looks like his car was pulling away from me faster than Sohrab but that's probably because I had VT in my car and more luggage. I'm not saying that to justify why I lost, I'm saying that to clarify why he was pulling on my more than Sohrab. All three of us have about the exact same type of mods (just different brands) but Kenny has a detuned version of the RPI/Powerchip software and Sohrab actually has the stock software and I have the RDSport tune.

Spoke to Federico and he's going to try and look at my car to sort things out. Not exactly sure what that will eventually involve but we'll see.

RPI makes very fast cars!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:45 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by 545OH' post='848807
Damn I was waaaay off. I was going for

BINGO!

No one's as respected as I am here.....hey so it must have been moi!!

To make a long story short I ran against Eddie (MPower82) and tied. We both have pretty much the same mods except he doesn't have RPI headers (I have RDSport headers). I also ran against Kenny and Rab Dog (Sohrab) and lost to both by at least a couple car lengths before we shut down. Kenny had the slight edge and looks like his car was pulling away from me faster than Sohrab but that's probably because I had VT in my car and more luggage. I'm not saying that to justify why I lost, I'm saying that to clarify why he was pulling on my more than Sohrab. All three of us have about the exact same type of mods (just different brands) but Kenny has a detuned version of the RPI/Powerchip software and Sohrab actually has the stock software and I have the RDSport tune.

Spoke to Federico and he's going to try and look at my car to sort things out. Not exactly sure what that will eventually involve but we'll see.

RPI makes very fast cars!
We should set up another run after RDsport gets their powerchip tune done. This time, no passengers, no luggage. When is the next meet? We should all get together at Bimmerfest.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 AM
Members

All I know is from 60-120 I pulled 2-3 cars on EFC with a passenger if it was up to 150 probably 5-6 cars and I have stock BMW tune.....

EFC slap on some RPI products and you will be back in the game!!! hahahaha
Old 04-16-2009, 09:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Silverstone II E60 M5 2012 E70 AW X5 50i Sport w/ LCI Aero Kit and Rocker Panels

I don't log on for 24 hours and he's managed to get banned already? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!

I love it! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:19 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RPIpower' post='849305' date='Apr 16 2009, 09:45 AM
We should set up another run after RDsport gets their powerchip tune done. This time, no passengers, no luggage. When is the next meet? We should all get together at Bimmerfest.
awwww i missed out on all the fun! What a douche that guy was....
anyways, I'm down to go on the next mexico meet. Eloy or VT hit me up
the next time you guys go. But I don't think i can keep up in my 535, not after the
last meet. once we hit 120 everyone else was too far....no fun. I'll
ride along in a sky or e63 and be the camera guy
Old 04-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Members

A quick question for RPI. When you do the reflash on a 545, what does the WOT air fuel ratio usually end up being? The reason I ask is because I dyno'd my 545 with exhaust only and it was extremely lean (14.2 at the start of the pull and over 15:1 by the end) and was wondering what you guys generally see in the A/F ratios stock vs. remapped.
Thanks
Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='849143' date='Apr 16 2009, 09:42 AM
N
Old 04-16-2009, 02:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RPIpower' post='849305' date='Apr 16 2009, 09:45 AM
When do we not back up numbers by dyno figures? And no, people come here and we dyno but many of them have not bought the tune and I wouldnt pressure them to, just to test out one. Ryan is coming on Monday to dyno his 545 with exhaust, scoop and tune. We already did a before. You mention a maximized NA engine from BMW. Do you know what is done to ECUs for "drivability". The cars are tuned as luxury sport sedans/coupes. Mods and tunes change that so they arent for everyone. You can change the tunes for more power but sometimes the drivability suffers for those who want a softer car. In your case, since you dont race, the tune might not work for you. We were told once by a customer who bought the tune from us, "I dont like the tune. The throttle is too sensitive and it feels like the car wants to race everytime I drive it." Well there you go. BMW didnt want the car to feel like that. BMW didnt want the cars loud so the exhaust systems are designed a certain way.

I won't be at Bimmerfest unfortunately but how about either you guys come up here for our meet on Memorial Day weekend or we'll see each other at the next SLO meet some time in June?
Old 04-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rab Dog' post='849372' date='Apr 16 2009, 10:38 AM
All I know is from 60-120 I pulled 2-3 cars on EFC with a passenger if it was up to 150 probably 5-6 cars and I have stock BMW tune.....

EFC slap on some RPI products and you will be back in the game!!! hahahaha
Yep, you were still pulling on me when we shut down. We both had passengers so no one had the edge over the other weight-wise.

I might just have to switch to RPI just so I can get that hella cool looking RPI shield to mount on my trunk. I'm a brand whore.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:36 PM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='849680' date='Apr 16 2009, 03:33 PM
...switch to RPI just so I can get that hella cool looking RPI shield to mount on my trunk. ...
you can get that from ebay store, lol. The race between you and me wasn't fair since I was alone and that macho VT did weight a ton. Rab Dog against me wasn't fair either. I probably still beat you but not as bad as Rab Dog did. And Rab Dog probably about a car length on me if he didn't have passenger.

I will be at Paso Robles from May 8-18, when is your Norcal meet? If star aligns, i will be there

Quick Reply: RPi/Powerchip Tune for Ram Air - 525, 530, 545, 550