E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

RPI Exhaust Droning

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 08:56 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='853216' date='Apr 20 2009, 05:44 PM
Obviously you dont know Krozi. He freaks out about every mod that he does because he has a 545i and is 16. Its understandable but the only way we can help him is if we hear a sound clip. He has not provided that to us nor contacted RPI to resolve the issue and yet there are four pages here.

Thats dumb and he acts dumb sometimes. I hope his exhaust is fine and everything works out but this shit gets to me

its great to see the kid was right and you were wrong.

great clip krozi...maybe people will get off your case.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:17 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='853533' date='Apr 20 2009, 09:56 PM
its great to see the kid was right and you were wrong.

great clip krozi...maybe people will get off your case.

and we didn't know that for a fact until he posted a sound clip did we?

Sorry AWG, you haven't been around here long enough to try and throw any real knowledge around.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:25 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

:thumbsdown: regardless of time being here, it doesn't make you incompetent
Old 04-20-2009, 09:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by r9ndy' post='853571' date='Apr 20 2009, 10:25 PM
:thumbsdown: regardless of time being here, it doesn't make you incompetent

No it doesn't. Lack of contributions of information that have substance or asking questions without searching on topics that are completely covered to death do.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:33 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2005 545i Black Sapphire - Fully Loaded
Model Year: 545i 2005

i had drone like that with my magnaflow, i hated it and took it right off the next day should have done my homework before making the purchase.. hope you can get this one fixed! good luck, let us know the outcome
Old 04-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Shame on all of you who didn't believe Krozi. Men with balls believe in a two-way apology.

Since Krozi was hovering in the 1700 -2100 rpm, with the straight through design (appears like it in the pics he took), you will get droning, which in in the 90 hz frequencies. If this is RPI's so call design, it's not very original.

Assuming that there is nothing wrong with the installation, those who cannot hear the drone might:

1. Not hovering in the drone zone rpm (and gear).
2. Needs a hear test
3. Tolerant or likes the sound.
5. not have good speakers to reproduc the youtube.
6. multiple of the above.

Krozi, if the installation is correct and there is no defect, then RPI is not for you. The drone is beyond having sensitive ears, so don't let anybody tell you that you have sensitive hearing either.

The source of the drone is your muffler. The resonators have a different job. No mat is going to prevent that drone either. Sorry I didn't respone to your thread soon, which could have saved you hundreds of dollars. Seems like nowadays, everyone lives and eats on forums.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='853598' date='Apr 20 2009, 10:57 PM
Shame on all of you who didn't believe Krozi. Men with balls believe in a two-way apology.

Since Krozi was hovering in the 1700 -2100 rpm, with the straight through design (appears like it in the pics he took), you will get droning, which in in the 90 hz frequencies. If this is RPI's so call design, it's not very original.

Assuming that there is nothing wrong with the installation, those who cannot hear the drone might:

1. Not hovering in the drone zone rpm (and gear).
2. Needs a hear test
3. Tolerant or likes the sound.
5. not have good speakers to reproduc the youtube.
6. multiple of the above.

Krozi, if the installation is correct and there is no defect, then RPI is not for you. The drone is beyond having sensitive ears, so don't let anybody tell you that you have sensitive hearing either.

The source of the drone is your muffler. The resonators have a different job. No mat is going to prevent that drone either. Sorry I didn't respone to your thread soon, which could have saved you hundreds of dollars. Seems like nowadays, everyone lives and eats on forums.

Oh what the hell is this? Are we suppose tob elieve a kid who is generally very neurotic about everything on his car? Or go with reputable forum members that have had multiple cars with exhausts and no exactly what droning is?

Verification on this was key. I have an RPI exhaust, ive had blitz, tanabe, greddy and spoon before too. I know what drone is and my RPI exhaust doesnt have it.

He posted the link to youtube so we are able to confirm he has a problem with drone. Funny that no other 545i with the exhaust has the same issue or atleast hasnt been reported.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='853604' date='Apr 21 2009, 01:06 AM
Oh what the hell is this? Are we suppose tob elieve a kid who is generally very neurotic about everything on his car? Or go with reputable forum members that have had multiple cars with exhausts and no exactly what droning is?

Verification on this was key. I have an RPI exhaust, ive had blitz, tanabe, greddy and spoon before too. I know what drone is and my RPI exhaust doesnt have it.

He posted the link to youtube so we are able to confirm he has a problem with drone. Funny that no other 545i with the exhaust has the same issue or atleast hasnt been reported.
Do a search on droning, or drone with my ID, bimmer32. You'll see that I've been down this path before. I don't claim to be "reputable," but when it comes to exhaust, fluid dynamics (physics 101), and performance, I've done my homework. So before you say, "what the hell is this," you might reconsider and say, "good heavens."

You may know Krozi and that's good for you. To me, everyone is a forum member that has an interest in e60s. If you two are buddies, then good for both of you. I tend to slap my buddy sometimes when I am wrong about him.
Old 04-20-2009, 10:27 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='853598' date='Apr 21 2009, 01:57 AM

here are the pics from his install : http://forums.e60.net/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=845776
Old 04-21-2009, 03:08 AM
Contributors

Location: Originally from Koeln, Deutschland. Enjoying it in Bonita Springs, Florida Now :)

Thank you to everyone who supports me

We have established that this amount of droning is not normal, correct?

So what is the next step? I already got the exhaust checked out again at the place where I got it installed and they couldn't find anything wrong.
I also sent the video to Eloy at RPi and I am waiting for his response.

Could the droning be cause by the pipe not being cut perfectly vertical during installation?

Quick Reply: RPI Exhaust Droning