E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Rieger Tuning Front Bumper/Side Skirts

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 07:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

THe Rieger kit is NOT expensive at all!! It's around $2000 for the entire kit. That's the last time I checked. But BE WARNED! Your car will be a show car afterwards. Dont think about driving on 19s. U need 20s for the lifted height. Roll ur fenders!! Drive safe!
Old 04-18-2011, 07:07 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for posting the side by side pics really helpful, i appreciate it! now i have a better idea of what to put on my ride
Old 04-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 M5

Originally Posted by jg525i
thanks for posting the side by side pics really helpful, i appreciate it! now i have a better idea of what to put on my ride
Yep, I hear ya..
Found it pretty confusing myself until I put them side-by-side to see the differences.
Glad to hear it's been of help to you too!
Old 04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ZGERMAN
Yep, I hear ya..
Found it pretty confusing myself until I put them side-by-side to see the differences.
Glad to hear it's been of help to you too!
think im going with the m5 rep
Old 04-18-2011, 08:08 PM
Members

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
THe Rieger kit is NOT expensive at all!! It's around $2000 for the entire kit. That's the last time I checked. But BE WARNED! Your car will be a show car afterwards. Dont think about driving on 19s. U need 20s for the lifted height. Roll ur fenders!! Drive safe!
Hey John,
Thanks for adding to the discussion with some "vendor input"

Just don't quite understand why you're saying it won't look good w/o 20's? The front doesn't look much different (from a dims point of view) than the M-Tech or M5-Style front bumpers...

Does 2K include paint? Do you carry Rieger aero parts? If any, I'd be most interested in the rear, not necessarily the front bumper. Then again, I still don't know for sure if I'd buy it.... Decision, decisions
Old 04-18-2011, 08:26 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jg525i
think im going with the m5 rep
Yeah, that's my tendency, too. Only 'little issue': it's not an OEM part, so fitment may vary from car to car. Looks like the bumper quality/fitment (by those Chinese factories) has gone up lately, so it may not be the same gamble as it seemed to be 6 months ago.

Just buying the OEM M5 bumper is not an ideal (or "simple") solution either, I've heard, as it won't fit without additional brackets and may be a pain to put on your non M5 E60, depending on body shop. My guy said he's done it before and won't have a problem doing it again, he claims, but YMMV...

Besides, and if I'm not mistaken, the M5 fenders are wider, which explains why inexperienced Body Shops may have problems. (Yes, there apparently are Body Shops who won't even bother offering you a price for the install... at least, around here). They rather install OEM only, as it's less trouble for them... but will still charge for "fitting on" the OEM bumpers... what a joke.
Looks like I picked the wrong job; should have looked into becoming mechanic when there was still time - 25 years ago...
Old 04-18-2011, 08:46 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

Hey John,
Thanks for adding to the discussion with some "vendor input"

Just don't quite understand why you're saying it won't look good w/o 20's? The front doesn't look much different (from a dims point of view) than the M-Tech or M5-Style front bumpers...

Does 2K include paint? Do you carry Rieger aero parts? If any, I'd be most interested in the rear, not necessarily the front bumper. Then again, I still don't know for sure if I'd buy it.... Decision, decisions
2K does not include paint. And as I recall, it doesnt include the CF splitters I bought too. I dont carry Rieger yet but our friend Joe at Trinity Autosport does!

I didnt say it would look god with 20s. I had 19s on the car back then and I was lowered on Vogtland Springs. Boy, I had 1.5 inches clearance only. When I put the 20s on, I had 2 inches clearance. TRUST ME. THat half an inch may not seem much but it saved me COUNTLESS of times. I still drove it through the Bear Mountain twisties but I needed to floor the car at the apex of the turn in order to push the back down so the front would come up a bit to clear. Talking about that, let me try to setup a driving meet this month at Bear Mountain!!!
Old 04-19-2011, 03:34 PM
Members

My Ride: Sapphire Black 07 530i non-sport 7000k Angel Eyes 6000k HID Xenon adaptive turn Head lamps and Fogs, Clear LED Turn Signals front/back and side markers. Clear bright license plate lamp. Full interior lighting upgrade. Coding: daytime angel eyes, auto windows up, and digital speedometer. (Thanks to John at Motorcepts.com) OEM Tinted LCI Tail lights (Thanks to David at http://www.luxmotorwerks.com Oem Mtec rear bumper with diffuser and M5trunk finisher Debadged! The best paint work! (Thanks to Desimone BMW) 20x8.5 +18 20x10 +25 Concept One RS-8 Black Machined Chrome Lip V6.1 cables (Thanks to Bruce Miranda) Nitto Invo tires 285x30 R20 - 245x35 R20 Discounttire.com Vac Motorsports ecu chip upgrade, and fender roll http://vacmotorsports.com/ wish list: Rieger Front bumper Hamann side skirts Custom quad exhaust Rpi Ram air intake scoop M5 SMG shift knob KW Variant 3 suspension Brembo Big Brake kit LCI Heads Tints BMW M5

Thanks, guys.... good points. Still in love with the Rieger Front (and Rear) though ...
I know you guys can care less - but I still think it looks great:

Now that I see it in black, I even digg the rear:

(Taken from Black 545i w/ Rieger Body Kit

I was always trying to figure out the differences between the M5 and M-Tech fronts in particular - which are really subtle IMO - and I finally took the time to get all front bumpers together in a side-by-side comparison:

It's "Rieger or bust"...!!! (at least as front & rear bumpers are concerned). I know think that the M-Tech front looks rather boring; I'd rather take the M5-Rep - if I had to.

-- So, who wants my business, Gents, and offers the best price (...wink, wink ... - Trinity? - Vivid? - ModBargains.. ..) ??
Its beautiful... my next exterior mod for sure!