E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retiring from the community! Last chance for mods!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 05:52 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

You gotta train up some dudes in Cali to do the stuff before you leave.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

wow simon! Good luck with everything in the future! Where overseas u going?
Old 01-06-2013, 05:01 AM
Members

Man, that sucks! I seen your youtube and would have love to take a advantage. I am in Afghanistan right now
Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by umichchris
simon, as we discussed in person you will be greatly missed broham....not just as a member but as a friend of mine out here in SoCal.

Simon was one of the first people i met when i moved to LA. he and Justin (JG525i) were super nice to me and introduced me to a ton of folks...simon's a great guy and does top notch work....its always been a pleasure collaborating with him...

and btw i have his taillight cable solution on my M5 right now and its a great route to go, def thumbs up....

im sure we will hang before you go but best of luck homie!
Yes sir, it was great catching up with you the other evening. I am sure I'll see you before I take off anyway

After all, you have surprises under your sleeve, hehe.

Originally Posted by deansimpson
I had yet to comment because we are in touch often but I decided it's time to put in my two cents.
Simon you are a great guy and have become a friend as well. And as Chris just said your work and knowledge is top notch. I appreciate all you have done for me. If I had never met you my car would be nowhere near what it is today. My bank account would look much better though. LOL!
Good luck to you with your new adventures and stay in touch!!
Haha, well Dean, your car is super styling right now. It is one of the cleanest E60 on this board. Not to mention every time I see it it's literally spotless!

Originally Posted by stel_i79
sorry to hear that u leave( the) US..but happy for your new job
before u GO!
do u think u can SEAL much better my messy headlights(especialy the driver side) and change the outer ring (the one u paint yellow) to white(like in the attach's)?
and also once u will re-open the headlights can u add the fins?
can u also CLEAN my glass of the headlights and add that "special" protective headlight film that u wore tell about it from one of your vendors?
please pm..for a $$price
RESPECT
STELI
Yah, Steli call me or send me a PM. Let's move this forward quickly since I pretty much only have January and first week of Feb to do car mods for people.

Originally Posted by pradden
Yes I have, but still haven't had time to set everything up and code it...

Now I'm pondering just finishing up the entire retrofit, maybe get a LM2 and some Tails
Nice nice. If you get LCI tails, I can do the brake effects for you and help you through the process so you won't need LM2.

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
No modding on my E60. Just leaving it stock. I'm more focused on my E70. Which I'm almost done. Just have to powdercoat a part and paint a few things. Then coding. All LEDS are done in the car already though.
Nice, so that E70 we're talking about via text is your's! Nice, post pics!

Originally Posted by b00sted415
Hate to see a member like Simon leave our community, definitively an innovator when it comes to modding the E60. Great guy to work with. I guess our project CIC will not happen now . Good luck with your new opportunity overseas.

I've been thinking about remoting coding and setting up my laptop to allow for this. Would you be open to the idea? I'll be in socal by the end of the month or before. I'll send you a message on FB regardless.
Haha, yah, unless you managed to get all the parts in Jan! I am generally not too keen on doing remote coding since most of the time the remote user has trouble setting up the software up correctly, and it just becomes a time pit for me. Message me, we'll chat about it.

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
DON'T LEAVE!!! LOL. We'll do a meet/dinner before you head out bro!
Sure thing Joe!

Originally Posted by mo858
good luck to you simon! thanks for working on my back up camera and the white led's for my cluster.

are you taking all the cats with you? lol!
Yup, no problem! Glad we were able to piece together that back up cam kit! Yes, kitties are family! Coming along for sure.

Originally Posted by pjinca
We DEFINITELY need to do a meet and dinner before Simon leaves (you ain't getting away that easy Bro )
Haha, yes sir!

Originally Posted by 619M5
Simon,
You better not leave without doing my headlights first! lol
-Peter
Sure thing Peter, let me know when you want to start!

Originally Posted by ///M-Power
i wish brotha budget is a little tight for now
Sure thing

Originally Posted by 04tl
congrats on the new job !!! how much to make my head lights like the ones in post #31 and clean my lenses. i have lci headlights by the way. thanks
I'll send you a PM.

Originally Posted by tex_phil
You gotta train up some dudes in Cali to do the stuff before you leave.
Haha, I'll let it go with me to Taiwan! Muahahaha.

Originally Posted by John@Motorcepts
wow simon! Good luck with everything in the future! Where overseas u going?
Thanks John! Taiwan first!

Originally Posted by Chief Holley
Man, that sucks! I seen your youtube and would have love to take a advantage. I am in Afghanistan right now
Haha, have someone local arrange it with me! Be safe out there and thanks!
Old 01-15-2013, 07:30 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

I stopped procrastinating and got a coding session in today before Simon left. In the process I saw the illuminated fins and other lighting mods he did on another customer's car. Nice clean work! Thanks Simon and glad to have finally met you!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i - GONE

Simon!

Best of luck to you brotha, sounds like one hell of a deal for an overseas gig. Take it easy, come back to CA from time to time.

-- ck
Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by balbs
I stopped procrastinating and got a coding session in today before Simon left. In the process I saw the illuminated fins and other lighting mods he did on another customer's car. Nice clean work! Thanks Simon and glad to have finally met you!
Glad we sort you out without much of a hitch!
It was great to meet you finally as well!

Originally Posted by ck-e60
Simon!

Best of luck to you brotha, sounds like one hell of a deal for an overseas gig. Take it easy, come back to CA from time to time.

-- ck
Thanks man, we never got around getting you coded! I imagine I would be back in a few years maybe, haha. After all, this is where I grew up after all.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Contributors

And for those that are curious, this is the car balbs saw:

PM for more pics! (since I am not sure if the owner is a member here)
Old 01-16-2013, 11:28 AM
Contributors

And since this new board's engine suck balls and can't scroll horizontally for shit, here's the link for a full res head on pic:

https://i.imgur.com/WAtO6.jpg
Old 01-17-2013, 03:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: I have a 2007 Black Sapphire BMW 530i with SMG. It has the auburn interior, has PDC, Sports Package, Premium Package, rear automatic sunshades with manual side sunshades, 35% black tint, Upgraded angeleyes from Angelibrights, and Logic 7 Sound System
Model Year: 2007

Hey buddy congrats and good luck on your new journey! I was wondering if the illuminated fins can be done one a pre-LCI car?

Quick Reply: Retiring from the community! Last chance for mods!