E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retiring from the community! Last chance for mods!

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by Anzafin
Dayumn!

I would give you my headlights right away if you were any closer.
Like everyone's saying, don't be a stranger!

- Antti -
Antti, I know you can do it! Since you're so meticulous you can just take your time to hacking away! Although I suppose it is a little more difficult since the M5 is daily!

Originally Posted by balbs
Is there an option for you to do some remote coding like some member\vendors here does?
I don't usually do remote session because the client would also need to have the cable and software set up, which in itself is a challenge for most people.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:11 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there a way to turn on DRL's for a 2004 525i with coding only? (I have the adaptive HID's) LM1. Stock.
Old 01-03-2013, 07:27 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 02/2006 525i Titanium Silver Metallic Manual 6-Speed

GL with the move Simon!! You have no doubt left a big mark on the community, and are a true innovator!

Thank you for all your advice, threads, tips and also especially thank you for my LCI head light harnesses!!
Old 01-03-2013, 08:02 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by illtww
Is there a way to turn on DRL's for a 2004 525i with coding only? (I have the adaptive HID's) LM1. Stock.
Ehh, I thought about not responding to this since this has been answered to death, but since it's my going away thread, I'll be nice.

The answer is no.

Originally Posted by pradden
GL with the move Simon!! You have no doubt left a big mark on the community, and are a true innovator!

Thank you for all your advice, threads, tips and also especially thank you for my LCI head light harnesses!!
Sure thing bud! I kept forgetting to ask you if you figured out the parameters to disable the check. I assume you figured it out while I was away in Taiwan?
Old 01-03-2013, 08:29 AM
Members

Gotcha,

So is this something different? (from you first post) Just Curious?

"Enabling angel eyes as welcome lights and DRL for pre-LCI people that are on LM1. I have developed my own method to this as well (different than what's in the thread on this board) and does not require any wiring to the front to the headlights at all. "
Old 01-03-2013, 08:35 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

good luck with the future bro =)
Old 01-03-2013, 08:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by illtww
Gotcha,

So is this something different? (from you first post) Just Curious?

"Enabling angel eyes as welcome lights and DRL for pre-LCI people that are on LM1. I have developed my own method to this as well (different than what's in the thread on this board) and does not require any wiring to the front to the headlights at all. "
It is manual wiring, just done differently like I said above.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:55 AM
Members

Alright guy....

"and does not require any wiring to the front to the headlights at all" did not translate to "another type of wiring"
Old 01-03-2013, 07:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

simon, as we discussed in person you will be greatly missed broham....not just as a member but as a friend of mine out here in SoCal.

Simon was one of the first people i met when i moved to LA. he and Justin (JG525i) were super nice to me and introduced me to a ton of folks...simon's a great guy and does top notch work....its always been a pleasure collaborating with him...

and btw i have his taillight cable solution on my M5 right now and its a great route to go, def thumbs up....

im sure we will hang before you go but best of luck homie!
Old 01-03-2013, 07:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Silver,Gray, Metallic. Blk Dakota leather. Nav. Heads up disply. PDC. Pro logic 7 sound. 35% tint. Mods. MTECH body kit. OEM trunk finisher and M5 spoiler.OEM 166 wheels. Blk and wht CF Roundels. Orion V2 AEs. LCI taillights with Ricky effect. LED interior lights. LED license plate light. HID fogs. Smoked LED side markers. White cluster mod. Coding. RPI scoop & BMC filter. Gloss black OEM grills.CF interior trim. B&B exhaust.

I had yet to comment because we are in touch often but I decided it's time to put in my two cents.
Simon you are a great guy and have become a friend as well. And as Chris just said your work and knowledge is top notch. I appreciate all you have done for me. If I had never met you my car would be nowhere near what it is today. My bank account would look much better though. LOL!
Good luck to you with your new adventures and stay in touch!!

Quick Reply: Retiring from the community! Last chance for mods!