E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Retiring from the community! Last chance for mods!

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Haha, yes if you retrofit to LCI first.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

Simon,
I have an idea. What do you think about holding a couple of hours of knowledge transfer session for those members who are interested in learning this? I am a visual learner myself and pick up things pretty quickly once I see it done. I know there are more people here who would gladly pay to learn this. So, name your price. Steak dinner at Mortons? Let us know bro!
Old 01-17-2013, 08:47 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by toyota2bmw
Simon,
I have an idea. What do you think about holding a couple of hours of knowledge transfer session for those members who are interested in learning this? I am a visual learner myself and pick up things pretty quickly once I see it done. I know there are more people here who would gladly pay to learn this. So, name your price. Steak dinner at Mortons? Let us know bro!
Haha, unsurprisingly, this isn't the first time I have been asked this.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i SMG, 35% Tint, LED Angel Eyes

So, is that a yes?
Old 01-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F10 M5
Model Year: 2013

Happy Birthday Simon!
Old 01-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Happy Birthday bro =)
Old 01-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530i N52
Model Year: 2006
Engine: n52

..happy b-day!!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:15 PM
Contributors

So, is that a yes?
Haha, let me think about it. And will have to see how much real interest there is on this.

Originally Posted by Trinity Autosport
Happy Birthday Simon!
Originally Posted by NeRwEEzy
Happy Birthday bro =)
Originally Posted by stel_i79
..happy b-day!!
Thanks guys!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: coilvers retrofits
Model Year: 2001 and 2011

Simon,
a little session like that seems like a good idea, but what is it your trying to learn? orion installs? im surprised at the lack of DIY for orion installs, the one from umnitza seems so vague and poor quality, for a company trying to sell these, you would think they would make a DIY so detailed, that it would give people confidence to tackle on the job. i know soon as i get a hold of a broken headlight i am going to butcher it and take note and detail photos of the whole process, ill even probably make a video on youtube. im a total DIY freak and love to share knowledge of anything i learn to help people. seems like a solid good orion install is missing on these forums so i want to make one. a buddy of mine might have a spare headlight for me to Frankenstein on.

far as coding, ive been visiting some coding forums that have real helpful and knowledgeable people who can always answer questions, i just recently purchased a coding cable and plan to start with small stuff and learn. just seems something cool to take on and make our E60's even better.

and simon, i only met you once but you were a real cool guy and very helpful, i remember i PMd you for coding my AUX when i first got my car in the morning, met you shortly after and was cruising around listening to my ipod by lunch time. wish you luck on your travels!
Old 01-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by roskinc
a little session like that seems like a good idea, but what is it your trying to learn? orion installs? im surprised at the lack of DIY for orion installs, the one from umnitza seems so vague and poor quality, for a company trying to sell these, you would think they would make a DIY so detailed, that it would give people confidence to tackle on the job. i know soon as i get a hold of a broken headlight i am going to butcher it and take note and detail photos of the whole process, ill even probably make a video on youtube. im a total DIY freak and love to share knowledge of anything i learn to help people. seems like a solid good orion install is missing on these forums so i want to make one. a buddy of mine might have a spare headlight for me to Frankenstein on.
We have been in the middle of finishing up one for 3 months now.
It's going to include, baking, sealing, cutting, and just basic installation, so it's an all encompassing guide. That's why it takes so long, but your pain is felt throughout because we have to answer the questions regularly about when it will be out.
---
Simon, congrats on your new plans.
And Happy Birthday

Quick Reply: Retiring from the community! Last chance for mods!