E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

request ncs assitance to fix bluetooth issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 06:06 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2004 530i

I need to verify and confirm what is going on with my Bluetooth which I performed a bt retrofit on my 04 e60 VIA tcu transplant. it not working properly I want to note that I have an android HTC EVO 3d. Here is my experience after i swapped the hardware. I followed these directions

Added k633 to VO

TCU module BT_ENABLE aktive USED_MICROPHONES wert_01

CAPPL (ccc_app) BLUETOOTH_NODES_CCC profil_2 TELEFON_TYPE_C08 lots of options on this one (I left it at whatever it was set to) PHONE_VERSION most-phone1-1mic

CCC_ASK (ccc-audio) PHONE_VERSION most-phone1-1mic

So after doing this the results was
-Bluetooth calling functional
-No car control.what so ever ( could.only talk and hear people but all operations had to be performed by mobile handheld device)
-No phone shown in communications it only said contact bmw
-Steering wheel button not functional
-Outside of the communications screen for example in the entertainment menu I would see my phone name and phone signal bars on the bottom of the screen

I later received some advice to make the following changes to fix the problem CAPPL:

PHONE_VERSION no-phone

BLUETOOTH_NODES_CCC profil_2

TELEFON_TYPE_C08 mulf_phone

The results
-Communications screen no longer says call BMW it shows phone menu options
-Steering wheel button works Caller id works (number only)
- Voice command "dial number" worked for one day. (now no longer functional car responds "feature is not available" )
-entering in phone number works but won't let you go down to confirm dial function.
- A-Z contact list not working stuck on please wait
-Phone name and signal bar no longer displayed at the bottom of screen (however bt calling still works when i engage a phone call the signal bar blinks but shows no bars then when i hang up it disappears)
Sms not functional

So please any help all will be appreciated if you have andriod phone that would be even better please post your ideas or your cappl trace so i can compare it to mine.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok let me break it down and simplify my post I have an htc evo 3d android phone which one of these options do you think that may fall under so far i have used prof_phone and mulf_phone as said on previous posting mulf has slightly better results but not fully functional I'm just trying to verify what they are normally set if working/pairing perfectly.

TELEFON_TYPE
no_phone
ece_phone
business_phone
prof_phone
japan_phone
umts_phone
mulf_phone
va_tpp