E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Remus vs. RDSport Quad Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Originally Posted by FastLane' post='554080' date='Apr 1 2008, 04:01 AM
I saw the new pics and your car looks and sounds great. Can you share the parts you used for your exhaust and roughly how much it all costed for the whole job?
Hey Bro!

My new tips cost $650. They are custom built and coated to avoid heat melt/rust. They aren't CF.
The exhaust was about $1400 including Labor and parts.
This does not cover modifying the diffuser for a Quad set-up. Figure $500 or so for new diffuser(including paint match) and more if you go CF.
Triple AAA will ship you the tips.

My exhaust is best explained in my sig file. It's very unique as it was the first 5 Series Triple AAA went the route it did. If you search the forums, you'll find pics of the entire set-up. Any qualified exhaust shop should be able to do it.

PM me for additional questions.

So Cal(Jay C)
Old 04-03-2008, 03:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, SMG, Nav, Pro Logic, etc.

Originally Posted by SoCalM5Mang' post='554217' date='Apr 1 2008, 11:35 AM
Hey Bro!

My new tips cost $650. They are custom built and coated to avoid heat melt/rust. They aren't CF.
The exhaust was about $1400 including Labor and parts.
This does not cover modifying the diffuser for a Quad set-up. Figure $500 or so for new diffuser(including paint match) and more if you go CF.
Triple AAA will ship you the tips.

My exhaust is best explained in my sig file. It's very unique as it was the first 5 Series Triple AAA went the route it did. If you search the forums, you'll find pics of the entire set-up. Any qualified exhaust shop should be able to do it.

PM me for additional questions.

So Cal(Jay C)

Thanks for the quotes and the details. I wish I lived close enough to one of these cities that has regular meets so that I could hear some of these in person. Actually, I would guess there would be some in Toronto, I'm probably just not aware of them.

Now that I've seen those reduced prices on the Remus for the I6, I'm thinking that may be a good choice. I've seen a couple people on the forums have put the Remus quad on the V8, so it works, but are there any issues with doing this. Has anyone seen a clip posted with this setup??
Old 04-07-2008, 12:30 AM
Members

Hey guys.. Sorry I haven't been around to post. I just moved back to the bay area. If anyone wants to come by and hear the exhaust I'm on the peninsula with my office in menlo park.

I need someone to actually help put up a sound clip with me driving by, as I always find stand still exhaust sound clips not very good.

I'm still unpacking and will try to record some stuff either way.

I still love the remus, refined, and growls when you get on it. I sometimes want it louder especially when you hear a lambo go by

But it's quiet in the cabin at cruising and I can do calls without the drone.. zero drone was the key and I succeeded.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i

Originally Posted by newbiebimmer' post='557274' date='Apr 7 2008, 01:30 AM
Hey guys.. Sorry I haven't been around to post. I just moved back to the bay area. If anyone wants to come by and hear the exhaust I'm on the peninsula with my office in menlo park.

I need someone to actually help put up a sound clip with me driving by, as I always find stand still exhaust sound clips not very good.

I'm still unpacking and will try to record some stuff either way.

I still love the remus, refined, and growls when you get on it. I sometimes want it louder especially when you hear a lambo go by

But it's quiet in the cabin at cruising and I can do calls without the drone.. zero drone was the key and I succeeded.
I was wondering where you have been...welcome back