E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Remus vs. RDSport Quad Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 09:17 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, SMG, Nav, Pro Logic, etc.

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='553986' date='Apr 1 2008, 01:00 AM
Trust me when I tell you that if you get the same setup as SocalM5Mang, you will love it. There are clips of his exhaust, you just need to search for it.
Ok, I saw the video, and I'm convinced it sounds sweet... So I guess I would just need to find somewhere that could do the install, and would order online from remusexhaust shop. Any idea where to get some hot looking tips, does remus sell those too?
Old 03-31-2008, 09:27 PM
Members

I have the remus quad, it's not too loud, no droning, and growls when you get on it.. downside is I get on it a lot and mpg goes down
Old 03-31-2008, 09:52 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

FastLane,

Sounds like we have some sensitive ears in the family. Click on the link below for my setup (something you don't want to do based on your sound preferences).

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show...50282&hl=drone

If you do an advanced search on "drone" and specific user "bimmer32" you get some info on droning and custom exhaust. In short (if you're lazy reading through all the disperate information), any "racing" quad setup will have some droning if it's going to meet your engine's optimum CFM rating (typically 2.2 cfm per HP). Sound level is SOOOOO relative . . .

On another note, I got tired of my wife poking fun of my exhaust, I made her drive it around the neighborhood this weekend. Note that I have never heard my exhaust from outside since I had it installed months ago.

OMG, sound from the outside on acceleration is day and night compared the inside of the car. Outside, it sound so refined, not like a Mustang, not like a ricer, and not aggressive like a Ferrari. It's very unique BMW v8. I'll post another video when I have time. No wonder I've been attracting sport bike riders lately with this good weather.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

B32,
I was wonder when you were going to interject yourself into this thread. Now, all I'm waiting for is rodybmw and SocalM5Mang.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='554004' date='Apr 1 2008, 12:56 AM
B32,
I was wonder when you were going to interject yourself into this thread. Now, all I'm waiting for is rodybmw and SocalM5Mang.
It's 1:00 am CST. You're a late night owl, too?
Old 03-31-2008, 10:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='554005
Note that I have never heard my exhaust from outside since I had it installed months ago.

OMG, sound from the outside on acceleration is day and night compared the inside of the car. Outside, it sound so refined, not like a Mustang, not like a ricer, and not aggressive like a Ferrari. It's very unique BMW v8. I'll post another video when I have time. No wonder I've been attracting sport bike riders lately with this good weather.
I am always willing to let others drive my car at WOT while I'm standing outside so I can hear it roar on by, sweet, sweet music!!!
Old 03-31-2008, 10:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Originally Posted by vegastrashed' post='554006' date='Mar 31 2008, 11:01 PM
Only on weekends like this past Saturday night/Sunday morning. Weekdays I'm in bed by 11pm, 12am at the latest.

I am always willing to let others drive my car at WOT while I'm standing outside so I can hear it roar on by, sweet, sweet music!!!
What up Joe and Quy?

I'm about to post pics of my ride and yes the links to the exhaust sound are in the video in my sig file.

"Problem is" that EuroRev just re-mapped it again with a new program and my car is even more F_ _ KING INSANE now. In all honesty, it sounds much better than an M5 exhaust. (according to many)
I was with a guy who has a brand new Lambo last night in OC and he was mesmerized by the sound of my car. He couldn't believe it was coming from a 550i. He was going to triple AAA and Pepe first thing Tuesday.

Pics coming.

Jay C
Old 04-01-2008, 02:53 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='554002' date='Apr 1 2008, 01:52 AM
FastLane,

Sounds like we have some sensitive ears in the family. Click on the link below for my setup (something you don't want to do based on your sound preferences).

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?show...50282&hl=drone

If you do an advanced search on "drone" and specific user "bimmer32" you get some info on droning and custom exhaust. In short (if you're lazy reading through all the disperate information), any "racing" quad setup will have some droning if it's going to meet your engine's optimum CFM rating (typically 2.2 cfm per HP). Sound level is SOOOOO relative . . .

On another note, I got tired of my wife poking fun of my exhaust, I made her drive it around the neighborhood this weekend. Note that I have never heard my exhaust from outside since I had it installed months ago.

You got it right about the sensitive ears in the family, I'd like to try to avoid having the debate that would go something like this:

"You just spent all that money on a body kit and wheels, and now you've actually paid more money to make the car make the car louder and get funny looks from the neihbors... you need to take it back blah blah blah blah"

I really like the look of the quad, and could probably live with little sound increase, but wouldn't mind some more excitement when I open her up, but really trying to minimize that drone at low RPM, although I could live with some minimal drone as a trade off. I just don't want to avoid having to go back to a shop to tweak the setup because I don't have much confidence in the places I've called as they've never done this type of work on a beemer before...

You said that any racing quad that meats the engine's CFM rating will have drone. Does that mean you can choose a quad setup that isn't quite optimum (I assume this means some performance loss), that doesn't drone. Would this be like the setup with the remus quad for I6? I saw on the remus site that the remus quad has variable power and tuneable sound, does that mean you can adjust the sound/drone as necessary with some valve?

Thanks for the link to your thread, it looks like you've done some experimenting with changing the sound yourself. The stuffed sounds good.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:57 AM
Members

Originally Posted by newbiebimmer' post='553995' date='Apr 1 2008, 01:27 AM
I have the remus quad, it's not too loud, no droning, and growls when you get on it.. downside is I get on it a lot and mpg goes down

Thanks, that's what I'm looking for do you have any sound clips? How much is the install on the remus if you don't mind me asking.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:01 AM
Members

Originally Posted by SoCalM5Mang' post='554022' date='Apr 1 2008, 02:48 AM
What up Joe and Quy?

I'm about to post pics of my ride and yes the links to the exhaust sound are in the video in my sig file.

"Problem is" that EuroRev just re-mapped it again with a new program and my car is even more F_ _ KING INSANE now. In all honesty, it sounds much better than an M5 exhaust. (according to many)
I was with a guy who has a brand new Lambo last night in OC and he was mesmerized by the sound of my car. He couldn't believe it was coming from a 550i. He was going to triple AAA and Pepe first thing Tuesday.

Pics coming.

Jay C

I saw the new pics and your car looks and sounds great. Can you share the parts you used for your exhaust and roughly how much it all costed for the whole job?

Quick Reply: Remus vs. RDSport Quad Exhaust