E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Remapped my e61 535D

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 10:40 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: e61 535d Silver grey, black dakota leather, M sports package, shadowline, panorama roof, xenon, PDC, privacy glass HUD, NAV PRO, automatic transmission, sport seats, heated front and rear seats, adaptive cruise control, bluetooth, digital TV, PS3, rear sunshades, remap 322 BHP/670 NM

Last Friday I had my e61 535D remapped from 272 BHP to around 312 BHP. From reading on the internet i was very excited what boost my car would give me from getting around 40 BHP more. After the remap I did some acceleration tests and i was a little dissapointed. I can feel a little better throttle respons, and my time from 0-100 km/h improved by 0,4 sec. in D, but it feels as if I don't get any more kick in my back when I floor it compared to before the remap. In sport mode I don't feel any difference at all and my time from 0-100 is about the same as in normal drive. This doesn't feel right to me, especially with all the great reviews I have read before. Before this car I drove an e60 530D with 218 BHP and it was a shocking difference when i first got into my 535D with 54 BHP more. I know it has to do with the 2 turbo's instead of 1, but that felt like a huge difference, while this doesn't.

Did I expect to much of it, or should I go back to this company and do it all over, because this remap wasn't good? And for other members who have remapped their car for around +40 BHP, did you really feel a great difference?

Thanks
Old 01-30-2011, 10:48 PM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: E61 LCI 535dA SportEdition 2010

Did you dyno it with stock porgramm and tuned?

Maybe your DFP is blocked? How much i-drive shows kilometers for that?

.. And all so maybe you did wait too much.. you did get 15% more power, that´s not so much but a reasonable amount when the DPF is in place.

My did turn to totally different car, ok its still pulling very smoothly from 1000 up to 5000, but way more faster.. and I will get more in this spring.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Members

My Ride: e61 535d Silver grey, black dakota leather, M sports package, shadowline, panorama roof, xenon, PDC, privacy glass HUD, NAV PRO, automatic transmission, sport seats, heated front and rear seats, adaptive cruise control, bluetooth, digital TV, PS3, rear sunshades, remap 322 BHP/670 NM

Originally Posted by Matson^
Did you dyno it with stock porgramm and tuned?

Maybe your DFP is blocked? How much i-drive shows kilometers for that?

.. And all so maybe you did wait too much.. you did get 15% more power, that´s not so much but got a reasonable amount when the DPF is in place.

I didn't dyno it... I regret that now.

What is my DFP or DPF? (forgive me for my noobism )
Old 01-30-2011, 10:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

DPF is a diesel particulate filter, and it seems that lot of diesel car owners have had problems with it, including me.
Take a look at this: https://5series.net/forums/topic/947...e-for-the-dpf/

- Antti -
Old 01-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 535d Msport Auto, Silver, 18" Alloys Engine Remapped - 315 bhp (apparently), Black Badges, Bright white Angels & Fogs, M-Tech Badge Front Grill, rear LCI upgrade

when I had my 535d remaped it felt like a different car... but shortly after it felt slow and slouggish in lower revs as my turbo pipes had bust.. maybe the increased pressure had caused this.. or it was about to happen anyway..
the remap definatley had a noticable difference tho.
if you can - I would take off the engine cover and check your pipes are in good condition..
Old 01-30-2011, 11:22 PM
Members

OK, I will check those things you guys mentioned, but do these things only occur after remapping? Otherwise it would be really coincidental that it happens just now... Or, if I had problems already before the remapping I would still feel a big difference (increase of BHP would be the same then, right?).

I hear all these stories about the car feeling totally different and I want that too!
Old 01-30-2011, 11:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d carbon black m-kit panoramaroof with beige nasca interior and wood trim. 172m rims. DimSport Race, SB, SAT

I did notice mine, but unfortunately I had it done same time with installing a powerbooster which gives the impression of a more powerful throttle, even if the engine has the same power. I also had the sportsautomatic installed same time so the combination of the three modifications felt very good. I also noticed improved mileage as well. Gradually some of this have waned, to the point where I was worried that the remap might have been wiped out at one of the many visits to BMW where they updated the software. Eventually I had a clogged turbo and a clogged DPF and had it cleaned, and presto, the car felt better than ever. Going forward, I will use additives in the diesel and have the car cleaned regularly - see https://5series.net/forums/topic/108...1#entry1286435
Old 01-30-2011, 11:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Originally Posted by rusty
OK, I will check those things you guys mentioned, but do these things only occur after remapping? Otherwise it would be really coincidental that it happens just now... Or, if I had problems already before the remapping I would still feel a big difference (increase of BHP would be the same then, right?).

I hear all these stories about the car feeling totally different and I want that too!
A clogged DPF can happen anytime if you drive short trips a lot, no matter if the car is remapped or not.
+1 for checking all the vacuum tubes in the engine bay, especially the turbo's.

- Antti -
Old 01-30-2011, 11:43 PM
Members

My Ride: E61 LCI 535dA SportEdition 2010

Originally Posted by Anzafin
A clogged DPF can happen anytime if your drive short trips a lot, no matter if the car is remapped or not.
Yep
+ poorly made software can make things worse quickly.