E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Radar Detector

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 11:41 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Better check your local laws if youy are planning on installing a laser jammer. I did, and in SC it's illegal. A good friend of mine is a Highway Patrol and he laughed at me when I told him I had one and just said better not get caught! He also said, we are not stupid, and when we shoot the laser at you and it returns an error and then we shoot again and it returns a speed number we know exactly what is going on. He';s a hard ass to speeders and he said they would not get a any break what so ever if he realized there was one in the car... I have mine set to laser shifting off, but notified.
true that its actually a misdemeanor to have laser jammer in california
Old 11-09-2012, 12:50 PM
New Members

Get the V1 and be done. I have 2. They have saved my bacon countless times in the 10+ years I have owned them. The best part is the upgrade ability that Valentine offers. Send in an old unit and they will replace it with the latest version at a significant discount to the original price.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Members

My Ride: ///M5

I personally like the V1 but the radar just gives to many false alarms in my M5. I now have opted for the 9500XI if anyone has similar problems do let me know how to set it up. On the Valentine I had turned off the K and X bands but still get so many false Ka bands that its annoying.
Old 11-11-2012, 04:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Better check your local laws if youy are planning on installing a laser jammer. I did, and in SC it's illegal. A good friend of mine is a Highway Patrol and he laughed at me when I told him I had one and just said better not get caught! He also said, we are not stupid, and when we shoot the laser at you and it returns an error and then we shoot again and it returns a speed number we know exactly what is going on. He';s a hard ass to speeders and he said they would not get a any break what so ever if he realized there was one in the car... I have mine set to laser shifting off, but notified.
I have done actual live testing of the LI jammers with 5 of the most prominent laser guns, all with multiple hits in different locations on the car and as advertised, it threw ZERO "error codes". In other words, it keeps the guns form getting a lock and returns no error codes whatsoever. It is effectively undetectable. The only gun to get an actual reading on my car was the Stalker II that refused to lock until a distance of less than 20 feet, at which time, I was nearly stopped.

Nothing is fail proof but the LI is pretty close.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:49 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Originally Posted by ColdList
I have done actual live testing of the LI jammers with 5 of the most prominent laser guns, all with multiple hits in different locations on the car and as advertised, it threw ZERO "error codes". In other words, it keeps the guns form getting a lock and returns no error codes whatsoever. It is effectively undetectable. The only gun to get an actual reading on my car was the Stalker II that refused to lock until a distance of less than 20 feet, at which time, I was nearly stopped.

Nothing is fail proof but the LI is pretty close.
Hey Mike how's it going. Just curious if you also tested other systems like the passport 9500ci or Calibre K40.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

my V1 saved me numerous times on the highway