E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Projector60s are coming along nicely

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any errors?
Old 06-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

There are only adaptive errors if you had adaptive on your car beforehand.
There are no errors on halogen units.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i mystic blue / black concept one staggered wheels 19x8.5 19x10.5

Anyone out there pick these up?
Wanna know how they are holding up so far
Old 07-29-2012, 10:21 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

we have 5 building now, a few left in stock. More arriving on Aug 14th.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:46 AM
Senior Members

I cant wait to hear some feedback on these so that I can pull the trigger
Old 07-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i mystic blue / black concept one staggered wheels 19x8.5 19x10.5

Same here just waiting for the feed back
Old 07-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by umnitza
we have 5 building now, a few left in stock. More arriving on Aug 14th.
Cant wait till mine are built and shipped. I will post pictures for sure!
Old 07-29-2012, 04:02 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

finally a solution for halogen pre lci cars..
cant wait to order a set of these in the next week or two.
Old 07-29-2012, 04:36 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

You know, I am always a guy who sticks to the "if you have nothing good to say..." motto but in reading this thread a few things really bother me:

1. First of all, this seems like such rinky-dink bs. I mean c'mon, with every post there is some new possibility "we are going to try" as an answer to a member's question where something just doesn't work right, fit right or adapt right in some way. Build a solid product, make it quality with all considerations in mind so that the end user doesn't have to ask "what about this and what about that" and know they will be making compromises to go with this option instead of another or instead of keeping what they already have in place. I am blown away that people would forgo nice features such as adaptive headlights for stuff like this. Then you have to deal with error code reprogramming, etc. to boot. And to be modding with halogen and not xenon? REALLY? This to me seems like one of those things many will do for affordability instead of a classy mod. Sorta like browsing the shelf at the car wash and buying a cheap steering wheel cover cause it appears cool-lol. THIS IS LIKE MODDING FOR THE SAKE OF MODDING. I am sorry if this offends anyone, even the OP, but this is why we have forums-to honestly interact and give opinions, etc. even when not so favorable. I do not mean this as an attack. It just is rubbing me the wrong way. Seems very Mickey Mouse. Someone on here (you know who you are) whom I respect a lot, recently said to me when I asked his advice on a mod: "Modding is an art." It is sometimes about being subtle and looking OEM with a flair. This is very aftermarket looking to me. Again, not meant to offend. I love to mod but definitely not to my taste.

2. I think it is highly out of line for a vendor to be posting an obvious sales pitch under the guise of a build thread in the "e60 parts and modifications" forum where members post pics of their own mods. The OP is a VENDOR and using other people's cars to bring up a discussion about their product and then is proceeding to throw out price quotes and exchange PMs with people for setups for their cars and to answer questions they obviously choose to not answer publicly. Yes, I don't care if THIS part is offensive to some. Rubs me very wrong. Post under "Vendor Classifieds" where it belongs please.

I have NEVER posted ONE negative post on this or any other forum but I guess my record for that has come to an end. I don't think negativity has ANY place unless an OP ASKS for honest feedback when they are trying a mod on THEIR car. I applaud everyone who makes such an attempt and I don't claim to be an expert or a person worthy of judging anyone's OWN mods. As far as vendors pitching this way...yeah, bothers me.

Also, if you are "going to try" other things then TRY them. Don't insist on pre-orders first. Build a quality product that meets needs and demand will naturally come. It's called "risk"-lifeblood characteristic of an entrepreneur. Take it. Don't put it on others. I know this is starting to sound harsh but I have often found in my own businesses that honest feedback on the perception of potential clients/customers has helped me to improve significantly. Hopefully you can take the learning for what it's worth and not as an insult. Like it or not, MY opinion matters and I assure you that others share the sentiments but will not speak up. Many will NOT agree and that is ok. It is the one's that are bothered that matter. You have the attention of the others already.

My 2 cents. Take it or leave it.
Old 07-29-2012, 10:03 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Modded 2010 Carbon Black M5 SMG and Modded 2008 Dinan 550i Sport

Ya know, I feel very wrong for my post above. I came off sounding like you were out there with bad intentions and I am sure that you are not. My apologies. I do think the product apparently needs some work and that it would he more appropriate in vendor classifieds but this is not my forum to run. Apologies there too.

I should also have realized that just because they don't suit me that does not mean that they will not be a fantastic option and a very nice mod for others. We all have different opinions and that is what is so cool about modding. Like I said, I applaud anyone for trying anything.

Please accept this as my public apology for opening my mouth when I shouldn't have. If I could delete I would. It is cool that you are a resource for what is all of our favorite hobby.

-Mike

Quick Reply: Projector60s are coming along nicely