E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Projector60s are coming along nicely

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 12:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

That's another thing we're going to be announcing. It's not just the FXR you'll be able to put in there.
Literally 18 different projector options will be available.
We are going to be your retrofit resource
Old 05-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

If these are made from those Eagle headlights, then $650 is not bad at all. I would say that people that don't want to spend the money for LCIs or looking to do other custom options to pick these up.

Of course, that's under the assumption that light output/aim, and the reliability of the whole thing is good
Old 05-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 535i Msport

Simon nailed it, I got into an accident and got the $1200 for my headlight but wanted to explore other options rather than get a light with another hagard orange reflector. LCI's are too pricy for a guy that's about to become a daddy so I thought these would be a good option. I've wanted orions since I saw cars with them on this forum and could give a s**t about the adaptive feature (I'm pre LCI xenon) just wanted something cool looking and reliable. I also sprung for the led turn signals, which in my opinion is a must if you get orions as ur AE's. A couple of the pics show them and that's how they look, no photo shop. Big thanks to matt & brandon for taking the time to work on this project. Since it's a new idea, the install is a work in progress, but considering I was the second person I believe, I was impressed. I wouldn't attempt this if your jo schmo on these cars like I am, but I'm sure they'll develop a better way to install and it will be all good. Thanks again Matt & Brandon
Old 05-24-2012, 05:34 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Justin66mp
Simon nailed it, I got into an accident and got the $1200 for my headlight but wanted to explore other options rather than get a light with another hagard orange reflector. LCI's are too pricy for a guy that's about to become a daddy so I thought these would be a good option. I've wanted orions since I saw cars with them on this forum and could give a s**t about the adaptive feature (I'm pre LCI xenon) just wanted something cool looking and reliable. I also sprung for the led turn signals, which in my opinion is a must if you get orions as ur AE's. A couple of the pics show them and that's how they look, no photo shop. Big thanks to matt & brandon for taking the time to work on this project. Since it's a new idea, the install is a work in progress, but considering I was the second person I believe, I was impressed. I wouldn't attempt this if your jo schmo on these cars like I am, but I'm sure they'll develop a better way to install and it will be all good. Thanks again Matt & Brandon
Looking good justin. Did you get the orions V2 or V4? And was there a projector lens swap on those headlights? We gotta meet up sometime so i can see them in person.
Old 05-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Cwest
Looking good justin. Did you get the orions V2 or V4? And was there a projector lens swap on those headlights? We gotta meet up sometime so i can see them in person.

They're the v2's bro. They don't have the v4's for the e60 yet, Matt mentioned that they can make them but they would be expensive. I kinda liked the v2's better anyways, Matt pulled his m5 next to me and we compared. The v2's have more of a blue-purple to them and the v4's looked hyper white. V4's were a solid ring versus the v2 which are not. The v4's are def brighter but almost too bright imo. It would be super annoying to have to pull them off after getting pulled over and after paying all that $$$. The projectors were what they call the fx-r I'm pretty sure they came from an Infiniti. They're bigger and that was the fitment issue. They ended up cutting the back cover of the projector as u can see in the above picture. The set up was perfect for what I was looking for (Orion's and clear corners) but since it's a proto type I'm just hoping it's solid and will last. I ended up keeping my oem lights just in case. Turns out the broken light wasn't as bad as I thought. Now I'm just waiting for Matt and the gang to start doing white eyebrows and I'll be returning to the lab.
Old 05-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Former Vendor

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
If these are made from those Eagle headlights, then $650 is not bad at all. I would say that people that don't want to spend the money for LCIs or looking to do other custom options to pick these up.

Of course, that's under the assumption that light output/aim, and the reliability of the whole thing is good
No, not eagle eyes, those are poor quality. These are more expensive headlights.

The projectors will be as described above, a variety offering.

. Now I'm just waiting for Matt and the gang to start doing white eyebrows and I'll be returning to the lab.
yep, we may have the factory do it for us that way
Old 05-25-2012, 09:29 AM
Contributors

They're the v2's bro. They don't have the v4's for the e60 yet, Matt mentioned that they can make them but they would be expensive. I kinda liked the v2's better anyways, Matt pulled his m5 next to me and we compared. The v2's have more of a blue-purple to them and the v4's looked hyper white. V4's were a solid ring versus the v2 which are not. The v4's are def brighter but almost too bright imo. It would be super annoying to have to pull them off after getting pulled over and after paying all that $$. The projectors were what they call the fx-r I'm pretty sure they came from an Infiniti. They're bigger and that was the fitment issue. They ended up cutting the back cover of the projector as u can see in the above picture. The set up was perfect for what I was looking for (Orion's and clear corners) but since it's a proto type I'm just hoping it's solid and will last. I ended up keeping my oem lights just in case. Turns out the broken light wasn't as bad as I thought. Now I'm just waiting for Matt and the gang to start doing white eyebrows and I'll be returning to the lab.

It's actually legal to have white "accessory" lights in the front for California. However, if they are bright enough where they can be determined as an illumination light source at night, and you have low beams and fogs on, then you may have a problem. CA vehicle order code states that you can only have 4 lit light sources in the front, so if they are so damn bright where they can be considered as another lighting part, you may get cited. I truly doubt any cop knows this though, lol.
Old 05-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Members
Senior Members

It's actually legal to have white "accessory" lights in the front for California. However, if they are bright enough where they can be determined as an illumination light source at night, and you have low beams and fogs on, then you may have a problem. CA vehicle order code states that you can only have 4 lit light sources in the front, so if they are so damn bright where they can be considered as another lighting part, you may get cited. I truly doubt any cop knows this though, lol.
thanks for the good info man, totally gonna reference this thread when I get pulled over lol. Just went today and had everything coded out except for the adaptive error, my guy didn't seem to think it was possible to code out that error message. But he wasn't using ncsexpert, not sure if it has that capability bc I have never used it myself.
Old 06-09-2012, 04:39 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine E60, '09 535i-Premium, Sport and Comfort Access PackageMods: Lux H8 V3 Angel Eyes, Weisslicht LED license plate lights, Interior LED lights, RPI Scoop, Matte Black Grills, Smoked LED side markers & side reflectors, 35% tint all around, and a 3

Ive had cops in the bay area hassle me on this with my old ride. In the end it is only a fix it ticket if you get cited.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Contributors

thanks for the good info man, totally gonna reference this thread when I get pulled over lol. Just went today and had everything coded out except for the adaptive error, my guy didn't seem to think it was possible to code out that error message. But he wasn't using ncsexpert, not sure if it has that capability bc I have never used it myself.
Can be done. But I only know how using NCSexpert.

Quick Reply: Projector60s are coming along nicely