E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Projector60s are coming along nicely

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Hyper_545i
Umnitza,

I read the entire thread but am confused. Will this work for Pre-LCI Bixenon Adaptive Headlights? I see on the site it says it will work. Please PM me the details. I may still be interested if it does not work on adaptive, but will I need to get the car coded to not look for the adaptive function? Will these auto-level?

Originally Posted by wi8123
Yea I'm interested as well please pm me also

Thanks guys for your interest.
I will post as many photos as we can to show you the product in as many lighting conditions as possible.

First, there are some limitations to this product.
1) on some Halogen cars, we have discovered that the pin configuration of the factory connector needs to be switched to accommodate the pin configuration of these headlights.

2) these headlight are pinned for:
a) standard xenon
b) auto-leveling
c) bixenon for flash to pass only (not lock out, that feature is perm lost unless you reprogram the car)
d) standard turn, parking, high beam (flash to pass) operation.
e) Orion V2 as parking lights (first headlight position)

3) Adaptive is permanently lost for now. So you have to program that error out.

4) There are NO OTHER ERRORS with cars that are already xenon/bixenon/adaptive.

Some other minor quirks to this headlight are:
1) You should reuse your existing bracket - do not use the new brackets this comes with
2) You will need to mount ballasts externally, this means that if you purchase OUR xenon or you reuse your own D2S kit, you will need to mount the ballasts outside of the headlight. Good news is the E60 has plenty of mount points for ballasts.
3) They are about 1-2mm smaller in overall dimension than the stock headlight. This doesn't affect the water sealing, weather sealing, or anything else, but you can detect a fractionally larger gap between the hood and the top of the light. Again, nothing major, but it's there.

Finally, the system pictured here is a prototype, one of the first 2 ever built. Justin was kind enough to let us use his car as a test bed. After a rather lengthy discussion this morning, we think we can set the projector about 2" further forward so some of the ways this headlight looks will be slightly altered, with no affect on light pattern, angel eyes visibility, or overall aesthetics.

If something isn't clear, please please ask the questions up front. These are custom built lights, once we build them to your specs, they are yours unless there is some dramatic unrecoverable problem with them.

So, without further ado:

misc

Some other products you'll see in these photos
1) V4 B7 LED turn signals bulbs - with resistors - good for Front turn signals and rear, available in AMBER or WHITE
2) V4 B7 LED reverse bulbs - will cause errors unless you order resistors.
3) M5tech Front Bumper
4) E60 Projector Fogs
5) Canbus HID 35W Xenon - error cancelling fogs - 6000K.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:41 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have pre lci oem xenons with Orion v2s custom installed by simon, my question is is this product any different so far from reading the only thing I think is that the projectors on your solutions would be brighter? Anything else , about this that I would be interested in knowing my current situation?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor

Projectors will be better pattern and brighter, but no, there is not a really great reason to go from adaptive to these if you have Orion V2 already.

For those with Halogens, this is a great solution, but just a little repinning is necessary.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Do they have euro stickers integrated internally to the light? Or are they EURO, with no orange?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:22 AM
Former Vendor

There is no orange on this light at all.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Senior Members

How long does it take to receive these once the orders placed?
Old 05-24-2012, 11:27 AM
Former Vendor

right now about 1 week to build and then ship.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

I am assuming in the pics the switch is set to parking light. Is there a reason why the eyebrows are not on?
Old 05-24-2012, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor

switch is set to parking and full on.
the eyebrows are on but aimed to the side, not out, so they aren't visible unless at 3/4 angel or side view.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:14 PM
Senior Members

Thanks for clearing that up for me Simon also put the zkw lens on my projectors as well so I dunno if it affects pattern but it does let more light through

Quick Reply: Projector60s are coming along nicely