E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Project ICE - Matte White E60

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2012, 10:39 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tgm001
The trunk finisher looks great !
Wich exhaust have you bought ?
Thanks!

I went with the Eisenmann Duplex Sport Exhaust. I was looking for a Remus, but couldn't find any over on my side with descent shipping prices. Did you already install your quad Remus exhaust? Must sound awesome!
Old 08-07-2012, 12:12 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: Bmw E60 530i 2004 Jet Black sport package on Linea Corse 19" Lc818 Saphire Black

Yes it's already installed, it sounds okay, but I want it too be louder, I need to remove a resonator thats why ! Plus I bought a new air filter ! I went with the AFE PRODRY S fdrop in filter ! I should receive it on august 13 ! Should help the exhaust to sounds louder . Howdoes your einsemann sounds ? Post a video when your ready
Old 08-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Amazing work! Your car looks awesome
Old 08-23-2012, 01:09 AM
Members

cool white car and backlight!
Old 08-23-2012, 01:56 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Looks nice, curious what this looks like with your doors, trunk etc opened. Can you still see any of the old color?
Old 08-23-2012, 07:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by mrfva
Amazing work! Your car looks awesome

Originally Posted by jockrobin
cool white car and backlight!

Originally Posted by tonyb635
Looks nice, curious what this looks like with your doors, trunk etc opened. Can you still see any of the old color?
Thanks guys. Appreciate the comments

When the trunk and doors are open you can see my original color. You can wrap those areas as well but I didn't have the time and not really sure if I will be keeping it white for too long. Winter is around the corner and I plan on going with a darker color until next summer so I might do the interior then. Not sure what color yet, but ordered in some samples and will test it out this weekend hopefully.
Old 08-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Contributors

Dual (quad tip) Eisenmann sport exhaust arrived today. I have been really looking forward for this specific part for so long. Very excited to finally have it and hope to get it on soon. Took a quick snap shot while it was in the box as I didn't want to unpack as I will have to haul it out to the garage this weekend.

I also got in some vinyl samples as well. I plan on going with a darker color over the winter and at this point I am set on 3m's Matte Dark Gray, which in the photo is the one I spread out. The others from left to right are... Matte Black, Matte Metallic Blue, Satin Black and Matte Silver.

I hope to get some time this Sunday to paint my calipers and at the same time tape these samples on the car so I can get a better idea of how the car will look.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:20 AM
Contributors

Got my front calipers painted last weekend. I had initially wanted to go red but decided to go white to match the color scheme I have for this project. It turned out okay, didn't have the pop I wanted; which is hard with white as it isn't so visible as red.

The brand I used was G2 and it was really easy to work with.

Pic of applying the 2nd coat of paint:

Pic after completion:

For the rear calipers I wanted to go black but think I will stick with white and change them to red for my next project. I wanted to paint the hub black but couldn't get it done this weekend. I will get that done once I change to my winter setup.

I will get the quad tip exhaust installed on Thursday so I needed to get my M5Tech rear bumper installed, which I got done last night.

The fitment on this was perfect. Much better then the MTech rear bumper I installed last time. I hope the install for the exhaust will go well so I can vinyl wrap the rear bumper this weekend. Looks weird now.
Old 08-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Contributors

Quad tip exhaust installed. Some quick snaps of the new setup...

I will by vinyl wrapping it on Saturday. I was hoping to get it done last night but my rear PDC sensors are acting up. I will have to switch them with the ones I had setup with my Mtech rear bumper as those worked great. Hate that I will have to remove the rear bumper again.

I made 2 short videos of the exhaust (I did not redline) in case anyone wants to hear it. Like most people say "it sounds better in real life". I can say that it does sound different and better in real life in comparison to listing to it on the video the next day. I am finally happy that I can now hear the car when pressing on the pedal, especially when in DS. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DSKHMrXwCM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQ8u9lkbPM4

Project is almost done. I am just waiting on my replica M5 mirrors. I purchased them from the UK and it looks like they are a reseller of N.V.D's set. I haven't heard from them in like a month now and I keep sending them emails. I will have to give them a call today, otherwise I will have to try to get my money back via PayPal. :thumbsdown:

Before leaving last night I also tested out a sample I got for my next project. I am really liking the matte dark gray look...
Old 08-31-2012, 12:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Alpine White Premium package, Sport package, Nav, HUD, PDC

Love this build thread! Keep the pics coming and thanks for sharing!

Quick Reply: Project ICE - Matte White E60