E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Pre LCI Halogen to LCI Halogen conversion

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 04:19 AM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since removing the resistors, I can confirm that I no longer have the blinking leds. I obviously now have the error messages on long periods of braking again though. (all wiring checked)
As before, I have turned off bulb checks and warnings on the parking lights, but this doesn't change anything. Maybe its time to try fitting LM2.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Originally Posted by bmwfive
Since removing the resistors, I can confirm that I no longer have the blinking leds. I obviously now have the error messages on long periods of braking again though. (all wiring checked)
As before, I have turned off bulb checks and warnings on the parking lights, but this doesn't change anything. Maybe its time to try fitting LM2.
Humm, I hate to be persistent, but I really think it's the wiring. I have done a few of these now, and it's not a problem when I solder the two AE wires together.

Maybe something else is different for you folks over there?!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Humm, I hate to be persistent, but I really think it's the wiring. I have done a few of these now, and it's not a problem when I solder the two AE wires together.

You need to start making a retofit cable and selling them. I would love to do this mod.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Members

Something must be different with the euro/uk cars then, as its quite a coincidence that most of us are getting the same error. (I can't imagine that we all have dodgy wiring)

Could somebody with this mod who is NOT receiving the 'parking light' error when braking, please send me a copy of your LMA 'TRC' file from NCSExpert so I can compare?
Old 09-04-2011, 01:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Originally Posted by bmwfive
Something must be different with the euro/uk cars then, as its quite a coincidence that most of us are getting the same error. (I can't imagine that we all have dodgy wiring)

Could somebody with this mod who is NOT receiving the 'parking light' error when braking, please send me a copy of your LMA 'TRC' file from NCSExpert so I can compare?
I am pretty sure it's a UK issue.

May sound strange but it would be interesting to know if the steering wheel being on the right has any affect.

Bar that I have the braking error msgs on both these cables and pre-LCI xenons which had D1S bulbs.
Old 09-04-2011, 02:38 AM
Members

nomis_nehc, I know that you have the orions instead, but do you think I could have a look at your LMA file to see if there is a difference between us & uk?
Old 09-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Sure, next time I access my PC (on a different system) I'll hopefully remember to copy it.
Old 09-05-2011, 04:54 AM
Members

Sure, next time I access my PC (on a different system) I'll hopefully remember to copy it.
Thanks mate.
I have also bought a LM2 module now as I will be fitting LCI tails soon. (already have one side, just waiting for the other to come up for sale at a reasonable price)
It will be interesting to compare the files anyway to see if there is a solution for UK people with LM1, but if the LM2 stops the error then that will be a bonus.

The LM2 was removed from a 2008 LCI e60 so I guess it will be best to wait until I'm ready to fit the LCI tails before trying to code the new light module?
Old 09-18-2011, 07:57 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

Hi Guys sorry for the delay posting some of you have PM'd me.

i can confirm i have soldered my looms and i still get the parking light failure this is always when i hold the brake peddle down for longer than 15 seconds, i also get it sometimes when i put the car in reverse.

I have tried the resistor route (which i have to say did not get hot on my loom, the were slighty warm but never an issue) but was unhappy with the dimness of the AE's.

so to be honest i love the LCI lights so much i have just learned to live with the error every now and then in the hope one of you guys find a solution.
Old 09-18-2011, 12:09 PM
Members

Originally Posted by livefour2day
Hi Guys sorry for the delay posting some of you have PM'd me.

i can confirm i have soldered my looms and i still get the parking light failure this is always when i hold the brake peddle down for longer than 15 seconds, i also get it sometimes when i put the car in reverse.

I have tried the resistor route (which i have to say did not get hot on my loom, the were slighty warm but never an issue) but was unhappy with the dimness of the AE's.

so to be honest i love the LCI lights so much i have just learned to live with the error every now and then in the hope one of you guys find a solution.
I have made a comparison between the LMA files from mine and Sas's car. (thanks Sas )
Suprisingly, there are many differences but I havn't done anything with it yet. I have listed all of the differences in a text file; you can have a look at this if you want?

Quick Reply: Pre LCI Halogen to LCI Halogen conversion