E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Pre LCI Halogen to LCI Halogen conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2010, 08:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '04 530i 6MT '04 Audi S4 6MT

Originally Posted by jas_r_1
I already have a 25 watt 25 ohm resistor. Would this be ok or does it have to be 14.5 ohm?
25 ohm will be too high, it would need to be lower than that, lets see what livefour2day comes up with and we can take it from there.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Members

Originally Posted by livefour2day
B6S4 thanks I will go out this afternoon and get 2, i am so sure you are spot on with this as I had to go out this morning and it was quite cold I had the error this time front RIGHT without touching the brakes and it happened 4 or 5 times, then as it warmed by a couple of degrees it stopped, i am sure i read that cold weather affects the resistance, or am I being stupid ???

jas_r_1 no problem saves you pulling your lights out again and at least we will know if it works, but I am really sure B6S4 is spot on.

This is correct, as the wires become colder, resistance drops, so hopefully we are on the right track here.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:14 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Sas
Nope, no errors, only with (one) LED AE.
Build 09/2003 MY2004

I'm wondering if the earlier LCM's are different from the later ones. From what I understand, the OEM LCI retrofit only works for later built cars. Out of curiosity, what years are your cars Livefour2day and Jas_r_1?
Old 11-06-2010, 08:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Originally Posted by B6S4
I'm wondering if the earlier LCM's are different from the later ones. From what I understand, the OEM LCI retrofit only works for later built cars. Out of curiosity, what years are your cars Livefour2day and Jas_r_1?
My car was built 10/2006 and I think Livefour2day said his car is also 2006 but don't know what month.

IIRC cars built after 2005 don't need a new LCM for the proper LCI retrofit but just need programming
Old 11-06-2010, 09:49 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

Guys could only get a 15ohm 10watt hope this will be ok the guy in the shop said they don't do a 14.5ohm its dark and cold here now, so I am going to do this tomorrow.

jas_r_1 I have 4 of them so if this works don't buy them I will post you the other two.

B6S4 once again even if this doesn't work thank you for your help,

My car build year is 2006,I think June and I have not fitted the LCI rear lights they are still Pre LCI.

hope this is the correct resistor ...

Old 11-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

"jas_r_1 I have 4 of them so if this works don't buy them I will post you the other two."

Thanks. Fingers crossed it works.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

B6S4 you are the man

It works perfectly put the resistors in line at the point on the loom where the two AE wires become one.

Just took it for a drive its also cold outside today, sat there with the brakes on for a good 10 mins nothing put it in reverse and held the car with the brakes on nothing.

I am going out again now with the wife so got the chance to give it another test, but I have to say I think B6S4 has found the solution.

just to recap I bought 15ohm / 10watt resistors and wired them in line at the point on the new loom that the two AE wires become one so one end of the resistor it has the two AE wires and the other end it has the one AE wire

jas_r_1 if you PM your address I will post you the two resistors I have left over.

B6S4 thank you for your help on this, I think there will be loads of people on this Forum who will be gratefull that this now works.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:22 AM
Senior Members

Nice,a great thank's to B6S4 for giving the boy's an indication as to what the problem would be,i've been keeping an eye on this post daily,let's see a final cable produced error free for forum member's(mine are pre-lci adaptive xenon's) and I need a cable for pre-lci adaptive>lci-adaptive xenon's!
Old 11-07-2010, 05:23 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by livefour2day
B6S4 you are the man

It works perfectly put the resistors in line at the point on the loom where the two AE wires become one.

Just took it for a drive its also cold outside today, sat there with the brakes on for a good 10 mins nothing put it in reverse and held the car with the brakes on nothing.

I am going out again now with the wife so got the chance to give it another test, but I have to say I think B6S4 has found the solution.

just to recap I bought 15ohm / 10watt resistors and wired them in line at the point on the new loom that the two AE wires become one so one end of the resistor it has the two AE wires and the other end it has the one AE wire

jas_r_1 if you PM your address I will post you the two resistors I have left over.

B6S4 thank you for your help on this, I think there will be loads of people on this Forum who will be gratefull that this now works.
This is excellent news and thanks to BS64.

I'll pm you my address and big thanks to you as well.

Where did you place the resistors? From what I read they can get quite hot so it's bot recommended to put near plastic. But that could be in relation to higher watt and higher ohm resistors.

Also, did you tap the resistor into the two wires before they join into one or the single wire after the two wires are joined?
Old 11-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Members

All I can say is:

Respect to BS64

And a big thanks to Sas for making the cables. Thank you also to the UK guys on here who've really stayed on top of this to make it work.

Quick Reply: Pre LCI Halogen to LCI Halogen conversion