E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Pre LCI Halogen to LCI Halogen conversion

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How could i of not seen this thread lol

sas youve been great man, im willing to donor my E60 over team viewer (www.teamviewer.com) to get this thing working on my car.

i reallu wish i saw this thread earlier, and i would of bought sas, pre to LCI mod, because now im stuck with LCI with only the xenons working and no parking light, because i get that stupid error and then the car shuts the angel rings down........ and i could of just plugged back my pre lci till there is a cure....
Old 11-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

Just thought I would update on my LCI Mod

used Sas wiring diagrams and made my own plugs, have got a HID upgrade with the canbus safe ballasts.

installed yesterday and all functions work perfectly.... except I also get an error and this is similar to jas_r_1 but my error is front left parking light which comes on when I drive off after starting the car the error lasts for around 5 seconds and then does not come back again untill I start the car.

When I check in the iDrive there are no faults.

have no idea why but will investigate and let you all know.

but have to say the LCI lights look amazing totally change the front end of the car.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

Right I now know it will only happen when I put the car into reverse fault comes up and goes off after 5 seconds, now I am lost on this.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Originally Posted by livefour2day
Right I now know it will only happen when I put the car into reverse fault comes up and goes off after 5 seconds, now I am lost on this.
I wish I was experiencing your error instead of what I am getting!

I am going to see d4rkchocolate on Thursday to see if there is any underlying fault message through DIS. I don't think there is as the car has been to BMW twice before I tried the retrofit and the car was checked for error codes. But hopefully it may shed some light on hy the rear light error comes up when I press the brake pedal for more the 5 seconds.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Sas
Contributors

My Ride: 520i ('04)

Dont reverse!

Originally Posted by jas_r_1
I wish I was experiencing your error instead of what I am getting!

I am going to see d4rkchocolate on Thursday to see if there is any underlying fault message through DIS. I don't think there is as the car has been to BMW twice before I tried the retrofit and the car was checked for error codes. But hopefully it may shed some light on hy the rear light error comes up when I press the brake pedal for more the 5 seconds.
Dont...! LOL
It gets stranger by the faults, wish i could help but this is beyond my knowledge. Didnt get any errors excepet with one LED angel eye.

Try to test the modules with Diagnosis and see if the error comes up.
Maybe a reset true INPA.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Sas
Contributors

My Ride: 520i ('04)

Originally Posted by d4rkchocolate
How could i of not seen this thread lol

sas youve been great man, im willing to donor my E60 over team viewer (www.teamviewer.com) to get this thing working on my car.

i reallu wish i saw this thread earlier, and i would of bought sas, pre to LCI mod, because now im stuck with LCI with only the xenons working and no parking light, because i get that stupid error and then the car shuts the angel rings down........ and i could of just plugged back my pre lci till there is a cure....
First i'm gonna play with my own car, then i'll brick someone elses car
Old 11-02-2010, 02:06 AM
Members

Ok update after testing differant things.

the error is also happening when i press my brake pedal for more than 5 seconds this seems to be the same error as jas_r_1

jas_r_1 did you have this error BEFORE you converted to LCI Halogens.

i wonder if this is a light control module issue and there is a voltage drop when reverse or brakes lights come on which is enough to trigger the error.

thing i dont understand is the brake issue does not always trigger my error.
Old 11-02-2010, 02:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Ok update after testing differant things.

the error is also happening when i press my brake pedal for more than 5 seconds this seems to be the same error as jas_r_1

jas_r_1 did you have this error BEFORE you converted to LCI Halogens.

i wonder if this is a light control module issue and there is a voltage drop when reverse or brakes lights come on which is enough to trigger the error.

thing i dont understand is the brake issue does not always trigger my error.
Livefour2day - sounds like a valid point about the voltage drop but why would this only happen after 5 seconds of pressing the brake pedal? Do you think it takes 5 seconds for the voltage to drop? Also, does your error come up every time the brake pedal is pressed for more the 5 seconds or just now and again?

Here is a summary of what I have done to the headlights since owning the car and what problems I have had:

HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS (which are the ones on the car as it was made/sold)

No errors or problems.

PRE-LCI XENON'S with D1S BULBS (I think these are manufactured from 09/05) - using guide on this forum to retrofit to my halogen equipped car

- "Rear light left failure" message as soon as the car is turned on (all lights are off) and this stays on for as long as the car is on.

When low beam/xenon lights were turned on I get:

- "Rear light right failure" message every time brake pedal was for more than 3-4 seconds. This would go off about 3-4 seconds after the brake pedal was released.

- "Parking light front right failure" comes on occasionally and then turns off after a few seconds of driving.

After about two or three weeks the left side light would completely shut off once after the low beam/xenon lights were turned on. Even turning the lights off and then back on would not help.

I posted a thread about these errors but couldn't get anything resolved.

PRE-LCI XENON'S with D2S BULBS (I think these are manufactured up to 09/05) - these were purchased off another forum member and were already cut/spliced/set up to hit on halogen car

No errors if the lights are off or only angel eyes are on.

If low beam/xenon light is on:

- "Rear light right failure" message generally happens when I start the car and put it in reverse but does not happen every time.

- "Parking light front right failure" comes on occasionally and then turns off after a few seconds of driving.
- No errors are thrown up when the brake is pressed!!

After about two or three weeks the left side light would shut off once when the lights are put on. I then turned the lights off, drove for a few seconds, turned the lights back on and all lights would work fine with the above errors.

LCI HALOGEN HEADLIGHTS USING SAS CABLES

- "Rear light right failure" message every time brake pedal was for more than 3-4 seconds
- "Parking light front right failure" came on occasionally but I didn't have the lights in long enough to see if there was a pattern to this coming on (I don't think there would be a pattern anyway).
Old 11-03-2010, 05:39 AM
Members

jas_r_1 the problem we are both having is deffinatly linked to the upgrade and i am 90% sure its something to do with voltage loads, i think the light module needs to be changed or re coded.

The brakes do trigger mine as well as reverse but the thing that throws me a little is its only sometimes on my brakes and its after around 15 - 20 seconds of holding the brake pedal down. The only error i get is the front left parking light and it goes off after 5 seconds with no errors showing.

dont know how to take this foward now we need someone with knowledge of the lighting module and voltage loads to help us.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:09 AM
Members

i may take apart all my wiring and try and crack it tomorrow......jas_r_1 is popping over so 2 heads are better than 1... btw jas, have u got the bruce miranda looms set up on ur rear lights??????

just like a few people said on this forum, im getting the "Parking light front right failure & parking light front left failure"

then the lights goes out after 5sec after the error flags up, i have the pre lci xenons and now have the bixenons lci lights currently ftted

so far im driving around with just my main xenons on because the side light cut out after i start the car, but aint gonna lie, it looks much better than my pre lci

Quick Reply: Pre LCI Halogen to LCI Halogen conversion