E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Pre LCI Halogen to LCI Halogen conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

OK Finally made my new wiring looms for my Pre LCI Halogens to LCI Halogens, there is one problem i have found for anyone doing this like me in the UK the wiring plug is different and the pins don't line up so I am working on a re wire using a UK plug.
Have to say a big thank you to Sas for the info and to be honest he is offering a really good deal on the loom he is making believe me.
will post some pic when I re wire loom for UK plug.

Old 10-26-2010, 08:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by livefour2day
OK Finally made my new wiring looms for my Pre LCI Halogens to LCI Halogens, there is one problem i have found for anyone doing this like me in the UK the wiring plug is different and the pins don't line up so I am working on a re wire using a UK plug.
Have to say a big thank you to Sas for the info and to be honest he is offering a really good deal on the loom he is making believe me.
will post some pic when I re wire loom for UK plug.

Which plug is different? The 8 pin or 12 pin?
Old 10-26-2010, 08:01 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jas_r_1
Correct - Pre-LCI cars with no projectors are pre-LCI halogens to LCI halogens (which have projector lamps). If it works then could choose to fit an aftermarket HID kit into the LCI halogen headlights which should give a look of OEM LCI xenons
jas_r_1, you're in the UK, Sas' cables work for you?
Old 10-26-2010, 09:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

I've got the the cables from Sas but haven't had a chance to fit them yet.

It will probably be fitted over the weekend and will post results.

It would be good to know which plug is different - also post some pictures of them working
Old 10-27-2010, 12:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 520d M Sport Titanium Silver Retro fit's - Professional Sat Nav Footwell Lights BMW Bluetooth LCI Halogens with HID

Hi Guys sorry forgot to say what plugs are wrong the Blue 8 pin is wrong its handed wrong for the UK Pre LCI plug i will post some pictures i have found the correct plug and will be re wiring it tonight so i will keep you posted.
What i can tell you is i took the blue 8 pin off and temporarily wired the pins into my loom on the car and Sas wiring works all functions of the LCI light work with no errors.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:41 AM
Members

Hi Guys sorry forgot to say what plugs are wrong the Blue 8 pin is wrong its handed wrong for the UK Pre LCI plug i will post some pictures i have found the correct plug and will be re wiring it tonight so i will keep you posted.
What i can tell you is i took the blue 8 pin off and temporarily wired the pins into my loom on the car and Sas wiring works all functions of the LCI light work with no errors.
Thanks for the info, keep up posted yea....
Old 10-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Senior Members

Hiya buddy,what about pre-lci xenon(adaptive) to lci xenon(adaptive)?Anybody have any news on this?Thank's for all the info so far and to all the guy's doing the hard work,keep it up!
Old 10-27-2010, 10:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 520d - 19" 172s- Remapped - LCI taillights V6 cables - LCI xenon headlights - Denison 500 with BTA1500 - led interior lights - OEM led number plate lights Planned mods: Folding mirrors - Modmynav kit - High gloss shadowline trim -

Do you know what willhappen with a UK car using Sas cables? Will the lights not work or will they but with error msg's
Old 10-27-2010, 11:23 AM
Members

Ok i hope the picture makes sense the blue 8 pin plug has the pins removed but here you have the 2 plugs, Black one is my original Headlight loom plug, blue is the plug which is on one end of the new LCI loom.
the 2 faces of the connectors shown are the sides that will connect together if you look at the pins when the blue is turned and connected to the black the pin hole do not line up, and will not even line up if the pins are removed and relocated.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:49 AM
Members

Originally Posted by jas_r_1
Do you know what willhappen with a UK car using Sas cables? Will the lights not work or will they but with error msg's
The cable works no problems but they will not connect to the loom the plug will need changing I have tested the wiring without the blue plug connected and it works perfectly.

I will keep you posted I will be fitting the new lights on Sunday I will post pics of the lights working after then.

Quick Reply: Pre LCI Halogen to LCI Halogen conversion