E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Pics of my 550i M-Sport on 128s + mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 03:12 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530ix / E60
Model Year: 2007

Looks fantastic!
Old 06-14-2010, 03:28 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by xenonrider
gorgeous car! the 128's look sweet! Congrats

on a side note, anyone ever tried the 21" 128's on an E60?
Thanks

I have seen a US based E60 with 21" 128s here in the forum, probably a couple of years ago now. If I remember correctly, it was Mystic Blue with an M-Sport pack on the outside, and the owner claimed that there was not any rubbing -- not sure if I believe him though! There was no denying that they filled the wheel arches, but not sure if they were bordering on too big.

Originally Posted by BMWRINO
+1 looking good!
thanks

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Beautiful.
Thanks
With your ride also being very OEM styled, I must admit I look to it for inspiration -- and that's made all the more easy with all those great HD pics you are posting up at the moment

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
I wonder how 21" 128's would look on an f10

looks great

Thanks

If you took the 21" 128 for the X6 or X5, that might work because the offsets do not seem to be that different to the F10, i.e. you could probably get it to work with spacers. (I could not find an official list of F10 offsets, only something what someone wrote here.)
Considering the 128 looks great on every other model, I think its bound to look good on the F10 as well.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 BMW 530i E61, alpine white, cream-beige interior, sports-auto-transmission and a lot more-

Hey buddy, finally you made it and posted some pics fo your ride..

it's a pity that we could't meet up this time, but I doubt that you were in the frankfurt area..

I love the german Autobahn, specially when it's free and you can flooooooor the pedal

have fun with your 550i( I'm a little jealous indeed)

btw: what was your average consumption?

Ivano
Old 06-14-2010, 03:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Originally Posted by ivano
Hey buddy, finally you made it and posted some pics fo your ride..

it's a pity that we could't meet up this time, but I doubt that you were in the frankfurt area..

I love the german Autobahn, specially when it's free and you can flooooooor the pedal

have fun with your 550i( I'm a little jealous indeed)

btw: what was your average consumption?

Ivano

I stopped off in Frankfurt to meet (the wife's) family, but then carried on down south. I will look you up though, the next time we're staying there a little longer

As for my average fuel consumption, it ended up at 12.8L/100km for the entire 4500km journey. I tried to keep it above 13, but there were too many road works
When Mrs xBMWx drove the car outside the city (mainly autobahn), she actually had the fuel consumption in the high 10s. I just love the acceleration and engine sound way too much to be able to achieve those kind of values! Nice to know its possible though
Old 06-14-2010, 04:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by xBMWx
Thanks
You are right, these are very rare over here, even in Germany. It still gets a reaction every time I mention I have the V8, which is why I am keeping it debadged to avoid too much attention.
In Europe, I have seen a number of M5s. But never a 550.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i sport 6spd Sapphire Black/Tan

very nice!
Old 06-14-2010, 12:44 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i Silver Metallic w/Sport Automatic Transmission, Ventilated Comfort Seats in Beige Nasca Leather, Light Poplar Trim, NAV, HUD, Active Steering, Night Vision, Active Cruise Control, Logic 7, Blue tooth Hands Free, Dynamic Stability, Soft Close. Mods: RPI Exhaust, Scoop + FIlter, License plate LED lights

Looks nice, congratulations!
Old 06-14-2010, 01:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Next Gen LEDS

looks great, keeping it OEM
Old 06-15-2010, 04:06 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Tru5g
very nice!
Originally Posted by irony
Looks nice, congratulations!
Thanks guys

Originally Posted by E92-Lighting
looks great, keeping it OEM
Thanks -- Nice to hear someone else liking the OEM approach
The OEM M5 / M-Sport inspired look was the modding route here in the Forums initially, but the modding trend has naturally evolved with "black rims", 20s, splitters, CF / Matt vinyl wraps, etc. I think all these trends looks great, but for now on my car I prefer to keep it looking "not modded" to the general public, and its for people like us here in the forum to appreciate the subtle enhancements
Old 06-15-2010, 05:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011, E90 M3 Sedan. Alpine White.Competition package, Keyhole cover, fender reflectors in Alpine white, RPI Exhaust, 19

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
I wonder how 21" 128's would look on an f10

looks great
I love the 128's...

and maybe someone can photoshop that idea there Gene

Quick Reply: Pics of my 550i M-Sport on 128s + mods