E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Pics of the Germanic Queen: My Modded 550i

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 06:05 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Silver 535i Virgin--Becoming a Beast!

Originally Posted by Bimmer32' post='555497' date='Apr 3 2008, 11:15 AM
Jay,

I was listening to your exhaust video and my stuff and straight through videos back to back, and it appears that sound note from the interior of both cars are about 98% the same and almost undistinguishable. I've got some pretty sensitive ears that compensate for my poor eye sight. In any case, with windows up, your sound level (drone for the very sensitive ears) is a noticeably louder than my stuffed wool but very much unlike the through-straight video.

The advantage to you by placing your muffs toward the center of the system is better low end torque compared to rear placement, possibly better sound control (drone control) by <3 db, and more flexibility for exhaust tip positioning and design at the rear. Additionally, the rear tip resonators probably works just as well as the OE center box resonator. While the 4 1/2 inch Remus canister extend past the ground clearance plate about 1/2 to 1 inch, it's probably not an issue unless you go across one of those steep angle approach to underground parking.

Great job.
Thanks Quy. Coming from "Mr Exhaust" that's a mighty big compliment. I will tell Pepe/Phil of your approval. They really are the best and I'm thankful to all the genius's here on the forum who told me to go there and waste no time with any other aftermarket shops. You want the best-you gotta pay for it--especially in So Cal. I'm happy with the work and have not worried once about the quality control or any further issues down the road.

In all honesty, there are no clearance issues with the way the Remus 4' sit. Since my new re-program last week, all of the torque I "seemingly lost" is back and probably I have even more. When you add to the fact the sound of the car is ridiculous, I really feel like I'm driving an even better beast.

Jay C
Old 04-03-2008, 07:15 PM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 550i
Model Year: 2007

Jay,
Lets meet up again. I'd love to hear it in person.
Old 04-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Fedcaper' post='555810' date='Apr 3 2008, 08:15 PM
Jay,
Lets meet up again. I'd love to hear it in person.
Hey Dave!

No problem. Maybe this weekend? Text me.

Jay C
Old 04-08-2008, 05:28 PM
Contributors

Hey Jay,

I LOVE the way your car looks now, especially the rear diffuser and tips. I saw the diffuser at Eurorev before it was installed on your car and it does look very good........and I'm sure it looks even better on the car

I'm still waiting for my Rieger diffuser to come in. Eurorev was supposed to install my front splitter almost 3 weeks ago, but they didn't do it because they had to fix a small blemish on the diffuser. They haven't called me so I assume it's not ready, but I'm not in too much of a rush as I would just wait and have it installed with the Rieger. Of coarse that may be a while since they have to CF overlay the Rieger too.

Can't wait to see/hear your car at the Boiling Crab meet.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 M3 E60 530i

Rody...
where did you get the rieger diffuser from? did you get the fiberglass or CF one?
I really want that diffuser, but i dont know who to get it from.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:42 PM
Contributors

My Ride: No mods

Rody they dont call you, you have to go bother them.
Old 04-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Former Vendor

My Ride: F13 M6

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='558249' date='Apr 8 2008, 06:42 PM
hahaha
Old 04-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='558249' date='Apr 8 2008, 06:42 PM
True dizzle!

Jay C
Old 04-09-2008, 05:20 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sylver' post='558246' date='Apr 8 2008, 06:40 PM
Rody...
where did you get the rieger diffuser from? did you get the fiberglass or CF one?
I really want that diffuser, but i dont know who to get it from.
Eurorev is getting it for me. The funny thing is that neither Eurorev nor the US Rieger importer that Eurorev buys from knew about the Rieger diffuser for the M-Tech bumper, so when Vincent asked them they said there is no such thing. Of coarse after checking with Rieger Germany they acknowledged that there is.

My understanding is that the CF is just a "print"....and it costs only $30 or so more than the regular one. I assumed that being a print it will not look good, so I am planning on having Eurorev do a CF overlay on the standard Rieger diffuser and then do a matte finish instead of the glossy finish. I think Vincent said that the importer is also getting the CF print version, so I may have him bring both in so that I can see how good or bad the print looks.

EDIT: The CF Look (CF print) costs $80 more, not $30 as I had said above.
Old 04-09-2008, 05:31 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by alpinewhite' post='558249
hahaha

Originally Posted by SoCalM5Mang' post='558267' date='Apr 8 2008, 07:09 PM
True dizzle!

Jay C
Oh, I have definitely learned that lesson in the past, but since they called me 30 minutes before the first scheduled install to postpone by 2 days, and then showing up at the scheduled time after 2 days only to find out it wasn't ready I figured they may be more on top of it now........but.....

I still like them though....Vincent is a good guy.

Quick Reply: Pics of the Germanic Queen: My Modded 550i