E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Orion V2's installed with My own Euro headlight Mod.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 07:40 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very cool
Old 02-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Mike, you. are. the. man. for doing this

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Well, you don't have to "wait" long. The best way to test for leakage is to wash your car. When you do, it's higher volume than rain, so if there's any leakage, you'll know right away.
-looks like we're about to get some serious snow/rain, so this should be worked out soon hopefully, no condensation

Originally Posted by umnitza
Only 1 set in stock
Burn it and claim insurance

Originally Posted by nigxdoof
that's fine. It is your product. I just need help in wiring it to turn on and off while arming my car.

I already spoke to some reps at umnitza and they said to follow the E46 M3 guide (not that helpful since its not the same car, but i do understand the concept). Now I'm trying to figure out what to do with the power from the OEM angel eyes. Do I keep it wired too? If not, what do I wire it up with?

I think the method I'm going to go for is use the puddle light from the mirror, find out what is powering it (probably the door footwells lights) and tape them into the angel eye power via the LCM. So Umnitza, any advice / help? it would be much appreciated.
Sounds like there may still be some final details to iron out, but if you offer the Orion install, euro corner and eyebrow mod as a package I just hope I can get a good discount
Old 02-25-2010, 04:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by monsterj34
hey how much would be the service charge to install these???? i would love to get this on my car but scared to take it apart... when i get frustrated i might end up throwing headlight against the wall...
Its not that hard. I'm still not sure I would really want to do this for anyone. I know its good money, but its roughly a 8-10 hour job. And there's a possibility of condensation and I only do this stuff on the weekend so it would be hell for the person that needs some assistance u know. I think if you have patience, you can easily do this.

Originally Posted by v_therussian
Mike, you. are. the. man. for doing this
-looks like we're about to get some serious snow/rain, so this should be worked out soon hopefully, no condensation
Sounds like there may still be some final details to iron out, but if you offer the Orion install, euro corner and eyebrow mod as a package I just hope I can get a good discount
thanks Vlad.

I took it out two days ago in the rain to test it, No problems so far. Then I took a bucket of water and poured it on the hood and no leakage or condensation. Will definitely let everyone know if any problems arise.

As for details, everything works like OEM Angel eyes. What I was asking Umnitza about was the Fade on and Fade off feature when arming / disarming the car. That's an extra feature that comes with the orions.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:59 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2008

Thanks for the image usage.

Once the new site goes live tomorrow, all customers will be able to add their own images right onto the products they purchased (with approval of course). We're going to encourage people put their user names OR their actual first name so people can see who's car it is (if you want).

MonsterJ34 - it's $250+shipping to us and from us. We haven't done that many locally - 2 so far - with most of our work being remote or via magazine people who don't frequent the forum much.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

As for details, everything works like OEM Angel eyes. What I was asking Umnitza about was the Fade on and Fade off feature when arming / disarming the car. That's an extra feature that comes with the orions.

Humm, I would like to know this as well. I am assuming this is different than the method I had mentioned in a different thread.

Very good to hear that there's no condensation so far! Nice!
Old 02-25-2010, 11:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 E60 530i, 2012 E70 X5 35i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by nomis_nehc
Humm, I would like to know this as well. I am assuming this is different than the method I had mentioned in a different thread.

Very good to hear that there's no condensation so far! Nice!
Which Method?
Old 02-25-2010, 08:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

thanks Vlad.

I took it out two days ago in the rain to test it, No problems so far. Then I took a bucket of water and poured it on the hood and no leakage or condensation. Will definitely let everyone know if any problems arise.

Sounds like I'm lining up as one of the first customers
Old 02-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60
Model Year: 2016

Which Method?
Frik, I forget to ask my buddy about the specifics when he was here. But basically, we wired it to one of the welcoming light, to have it turn on and off with unlock/lock. The only problem with doing it this way is that the relay will cause a electric phase up/down that sounds rather scary.