E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Non OEM CCFL LED tail lights on eBay...anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 09:50 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Black 2006 BMW 530i with sport and prem package, staggered 124 wheels, 50% tint, AC Schnitzer aluminum pedals, black interior w/ alum trim set, M style body kit and sound upgrade: Alpine PDX-5, PXE-H660, sub, MBQuart speakers.

nah...they look cheap, probably because they are cheap...don't like there's no contrast b/t the LEDs and the background and dont like the color.

But most importantly, I don't like the fact the 5 LEDs don't extent throughout the sides all the way to the end. That is the real deal breaker.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i manual
Model Year: 2008
Engine: V8

I think they look pretty good for the money.. It's a great alternative to poeple that don't want to buy the lci's for a grand I think, but still get did redjedi and thank for the uploads
Old 12-08-2009, 06:25 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

Honestly I think I'll just go LCI eventually. Go big or go home.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:11 AM
Contributors

im going with the OEM, thanks for the pictures helped alot
Old 12-08-2009, 07:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

Originally Posted by Igor180?' post='1069700
Dude, props to you for testing this out... I wasn't knocking on you, I was just simply stating how I feel about this product wheneveryone is jumping on the bandwagon thinking it's the hottest thing near sliced bread.

Bad example, I replicate parts myself and I don't consider the funcuality to be any different, in fact the parts I replicate turn out better than original part. Replicating electronics and parts like headlights and taillights is a whole different ball game.
As far as you guys not caring whether it's OEM or not, refer to my reply up above in regards to OEM vs AM taillights/headlights.

Why are you guys hating on my opinion so much? I can't throw a warning out to those who are more concerned about it other than LOOKS? I'd assume that half of you are family men, and always have kids riding in your back seat, would you like it for you taillight to melt on you one day, start an electrical fire or burn out the taillight and end up getting rear ended? or simply your car burning down to the ground?

I posted because I care, because I've seen DOZEN of eBay taillights either being melted, or 90% of the LED's not working because they use cheap quality LED's.

Whatever I wouldn't put on my car, I wouldn't recommend to my friends or customers. A replica is a replica, as long as its only for looks... who cares? But when you mess with OEM functions, you're asking for problem, or you're simply a ricer who doesn't care.

As far as looks go...

The difference so far I see between the OEM and these Ebay ones... the rods are definitely going to be more pinkish than the OEM rods that are redish/orangy looking. The turn signal LED's will definitely not be as bright and I think the placement of the reverse light looks cheap as hell.

Sorry guys, but I didn't tell no one NOT to buy it, I just gave my opinion and warned people of the problems/defects and how it looks different from OEM.

A true E60 enthusiast would spot the difference far away, and would never put this on his car IMHO.

Good luck to those who purchase them, and I'll be happy for you guys if they don't actually melt, and look just as good as the OEM LCI taillights at night.

To those that do end up buying them, make sure you purchase LED brake light bulbs, as well as LED reverse light bulbs, do not use anything halogen inside those taillights.

I think its so funny, these lights look like pure shit... i'd rather save my money then buy these low quality lci wanna be's. take a pic side by side of non lci oem's and these crap ebay ones and the oem non lci look soo much better.

so funny how igor was just telling you guys the outcome before you saw it and you all shot him down. now look at all of you backing out of this. you get what you pay for end of story.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: M5
Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

Originally Posted by skunkd' post='1070255' date='Dec 8 2009, 11:56 AM
I think its so funny, these lights look like pure shit... i'd rather save my money then buy these low quality lci wanna be's. take a pic side by side of non lci oem's and these crap ebay ones and the oem non lci look soo much better.

so funny how igor was just telling you guys the outcome before you saw it and you all shot him down. now look at all of you backing out of this. you get what you pay for end of story.

Well They still look good for what they are worth of course! (my opinion)

I just don't think that the LCI justify the $1000 that they are worth. (my opinion)
Old 12-08-2009, 10:18 AM
Senior Members

Model Year: 2013
Engine: S63

So is this group buy happening or what??

What's the discount??

Old 12-08-2009, 10:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 04 530i 06 ///M5

Originally Posted by Da_Meister_22' post='1070352' date='Dec 8 2009, 02:18 PM

Well They still look good for what they are worth of course! (my opinion)

I just don't think that the LCI justify the $1000 that they are worth. (my opinion)
agreed, thus why dont u just stick with ur non lci oems ? save that 200 or so and buy something else for your car say an smg shift knob or something cool!
Old 12-08-2009, 10:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Sport Package, Black/Grey. Got it July 09.
Model Year: 2004

FAIL :thumbsdown:
Old 12-08-2009, 10:26 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Model Year: 2008

We have these in stock. Limited availability for $225 + shipping.
Clear only.

Quick Reply: Non OEM CCFL LED tail lights on eBay...anyone?