E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

NEX GT Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 10:55 AM
jgt
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60
Model Year: 2006
Engine: N52

Bought these after some great comments from Takman. Thanks again!!!
Still waiting for the install to be done after I get my wheels.

Anyone know how long it takes for the NEX GT's to settle.
I don't want to do an alignment and then a realign in a few weeks if I don't have to...
Old 04-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Contributors

about 50-100 miles they should be fine for an alignment, thats kinda the golden rule for suspensions
Old 04-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Senior Members

how much did u get ur NEX GT coils? very interested.. any vendor carry these coils?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i

Originally Posted by naj155
how much did u get ur NEX GT coils? very interested.. any vendor carry these coils?
Ebay and shoot them an offer . In CA it sucks since we have to pay 9.25% sales tax but if you're out of CA these coils are an even better deal.
Old 04-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by TakmaN
Ebay and shoot them an offer . In CA it sucks since we have to pay 9.25% sales tax but if you're out of CA these coils are an even better deal.
im in sydney.. i have to pay the shipping. will this fit LCI?
Old 04-18-2010, 10:48 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by naj155
im in sydney.. i have to pay the shipping. will this fit LCI?
Ahh I totally looked over your location. As for fitment, I would contact the seller and ask although it doesn't look like it judging from their ebay posting. Then again they didn't list the 545i model and it fits just fine. I have no idea if the suspension setup differs in the LCI model but my guess would be there should be no difference. Maybe some other members can chime in.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:06 PM
Senior Members

Ahh I totally looked over your location. As for fitment, I would contact the seller and ask although it doesn't look like it judging from their ebay posting. Then again they didn't list the 545i model and it fits just fine. I have no idea if the suspension setup differs in the LCI model but my guess would be there should be no difference. Maybe some other members can chime in.
thanks for the reply. im sending message to the ebay seller.
hows the ride? can your car go lower?
thanks
Old 04-18-2010, 11:18 PM
Senior Members

The ride is stiff but I have it set to 4 clicks out of 15 available (1 being the stiffest). However, it's not bouncy or boat feeling, it's really tight and I can take corners way better than before. I find myself driving more aggressive and even accelerating more aggressively because of these bad boys . My car used to dip backwards when I accelerated hard but now it's so taut and solid, I love it.

In the first picture I posted, the rears can go way lower, like 3 inches lower. Basically you can hide a good size of your wheel under the fender if that is possible somehow. The fronts I have a 3/4 finger gap (my finger can only fit between my tire and fender if I angle it slightly upwards). I can lower the front an additional 1 inch or so, so for me the coils are more than enough in terms of adjustability.
Old 04-18-2010, 11:43 PM
Senior Members

The ride is stiff but I have it set to 4 clicks out of 15 available (1 being the stiffest). However, it's not bouncy or boat feeling, it's really tight and I can take corners way better than before. I find myself driving more aggressive and even accelerating more aggressively because of these bad boys . My car used to dip backwards when I accelerated hard but now it's so taut and solid, I love it.

In the first picture I posted, the rears can go way lower, like 3 inches lower. Basically you can hide a good size of your wheel under the fender if that is possible somehow. The fronts I have a 3/4 finger gap (my finger can only fit between my tire and fender if I angle it slightly upwards). I can lower the front an additional 1 inch or so, so for me the coils are more than enough in terms of adjustability.
do u think it can go low as these? or lower? i want it to have lower then my current height or maybe the same..
NEX GT Coilovers-n698394141_1691570_53300.jpg
Old 04-19-2010, 12:07 AM
Members

Originally Posted by montreal_bimmer
Hey guys,

So I installed these myself on Wed. The fronts do not go nearly as low as the rears. you can completely dump the rears if you want. as for the fronts, If you max them out, there's barely wheel gap. For me the front is low enough, so I'm really happy with the look. I had to add 5mm spacers up front as I was rubbing on the strut. My wheel now clears the strut by 2-3mm.

As for performance. I've only had the on a few days now, and all I can say is WOW. Really, not bouncy at all(and the Montreal roads are garbage), stiff and very responsive. They do have the shock adjustment, and I think I've found the right settings for myself.

I cannot compare these to KW, H&R or JIC first hand since I've never had them on the E60. But IMHO these are definitely worth the price.

Let me know what you guys think, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask
hi there, I'm very interested in these NEX GT coilovers.
You mention needing 5mm spacers for the front wheels to clear the coilovers... are your Miro wheels 19x8.5" with ET15 offset, or 20x8.5" with ET18 offset?

thanks.

Quick Reply: NEX GT Coilovers