E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

New and Old Exhaust Question???

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guys,
Like most of you, I have a 2005 545i and I'm in the process of trying to procure an exhaust. The question I have for you, which, if answered already, I've not seen thus far, aren't you guys interested in obtaining a full exhaust system? In scanning the threads, it seems that for our cars, we're only obliged to installing a weld on exhaust (i.e., magna flow, etc.). Have any of you guys installed a full exhaust system? My primary concern in simply not wanting to put on what I call a Penis Extension [any exhaust that requires welding that only gives a great sound and nothing more] on my car is the loss of horse power. Please tell me that I'm not the only one who's actively trying to get a full system rather than a car that sounds great and that's it? Today, I called Supersprint who informed me that they have a product that's two months away in the testing stages that may accomplish our need for a full system. I'm pretty new to this type of car so I'm not sure if there's something that can engender the results I'm looking for to installing a full exhaust system on my car, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read any for any input you may recommend.

Regards,

JD/MBA
Old 01-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545 SE Auto in Black

I went for Eisenmann sport quad exhaust on the back of my 545 I cant fault it in any way its worth the money IMO, Jags545 went for a different system (forgot the name) however both systems will not dissapoint!

my rear oh errrrrrrrrrrrrr
New and Old Exhaust Question???-_x3m4381.jpg
Old 01-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2004 530i premium package/active steering/auto sunshade/tiag/black dakota leather/logic 7 35% tint all around 19' DPE GT7

The way bmw designed our exhausts there will be no gain by going with a catback exhaust, actually there have been some reports of actual power loss with a catback. I think this is why most have just gone with a weld on rear section, also the other reason is that there isn't very many full catback systems out there for e60. From what I understand the only noticable power gain will be if you replace your headers however our cats our part of the headers which would make you car not pass emissions. If you take a look at the design of the exhaust you will notice that the system is already a true duel exhaust type system starting from the pair of headers all the way back to the last resonator and it runs a fairly straight line.
Old 01-21-2009, 03:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i Jet Black on Black Leather, SAT with Paddles, Logic 7, Comfort Seats, NAV, Sport Package, PDC, Xenons, Sirius, Trinity 12W LED Angel Eyes, RPi GT Exhaust, M rear spoiler, ACS Roof Spoiler, Tinted Tail Lights, Bimmian Carbon Fiber Pillar Trim, Bimmian Shadow 550i emblem, RPi Scoop, E60 Forum Cling, Mtec bulbs in fog lights, Mtec 2W LED for License Plate Light Bulbs, K&N Filter, Bimmian LED Smoked Side Markers, Blackout roundels, Carbon Fiber Kidney Grills. Retired Rides - 1989 325i convertible, 1995 M3, 2002 X5, 2005 545i, 2008 X5 (Lemon)

Originally Posted by JD/MBA2' post='773488' date='Jan 21 2009, 08:52 AM
Guys,
Like most of you, I have a 2005 545i and I'm in the process of trying to procure an exhaust. The question I have for you, which, if answered already, I've not seen thus far, aren't you guys interested in obtaining a full exhaust system? In scanning the threads, it seems that for our cars, we're only obliged to installing a weld on exhaust (i.e., magna flow, etc.). Have any of you guys installed a full exhaust system? My primary concern in simply not wanting to put on what I call a Penis Extension [any exhaust that requires welding that only gives a great sound and nothing more] on my car is the loss of horse power. Please tell me that I'm not the only one who's actively trying to get a full system rather than a car that sounds great and that's it? Today, I called Supersprint who informed me that they have a product that's two months away in the testing stages that may accomplish our need for a full system. I'm pretty new to this type of car so I'm not sure if there's something that can engender the results I'm looking for to installing a full exhaust system on my car, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for taking the time to read any for any input you may recommend.

Regards,

JD/MBA
Between adding a free flow muffler and resonator deletions, the exhaust is pretty easy to tweak, without the expense of a full Cat back exhaust system!
Old 01-21-2009, 03:45 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by westside' post='773492' date='Jan 21 2009, 08:57 AM
I went for Eisenmann sport quad exhaust on the back of my 545 I cant fault it in any way its worth the money IMO, Jags545 went for a different system (forgot the name) however both systems will not dissapoint!

my rear oh errrrrrrrrrrrrr
Attachment 70026

+1 For the eisenmann if you're looking to add hp and not lose, like most exhausts out there. Just be sure you get the real one direcly from Eisenmann germany. There are some floating around in the states that are fake.