E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: Should I wrap my E60 in Matte Black Vinyl?
Wrap Matte Black w/ Hi-Quality Vinyl
69.57%
Stick With Silver Gray Factory Paint
30.43%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Need Opinions: Full Matte Black Wrap

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:13 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

(if my transmission problem turns out to be an acceptable/cost viable fix, i plan on doing this mod next)

Given my recent success and fun with wrapping my roof and trim in Hi-Gloss black vinyl, i am considering wrapping my entire car in a matte black vinyl. i love the look of matte black. esp when it still has a little sheen to it....take a look at the Frozen Black M3 edition paint. i love it.

after owning my car a year and doing mods that would scare off most owners...im fully confident that i can remove the bumpers, skirts, headlights, taillights, door handles, etc so that i can perform a professional level install. there wont be any gaps or warping. it will be really clean, trust me.

so what do you all think about going w/ matte black? below are some pics. i would probably leave my roof and trim gloss black. add to that the M5 mirror trim and (pending) MTech rear diffuser would also be gloss black. please vote and let me know your thoughts. again, im thinking of matte black w/ a little sheen to it much like whats seen in the pic of the E93 here similar to the BMW OEM Frozen Black paint look....

Need Opinions: Full Matte Black Wrap-e93-matte-black.jpg

Need Opinions: Full Matte Black Wrap-matte-v10.jpg
Old 09-08-2011, 09:21 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: Bmw 530d 2004

Ummmmh... Why not matte white instead? That would look much better I think .

- Antti -
Old 09-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

Matte white, as Antti said - that would be awesome.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:34 AM
Senior Members

im not a real big fan of white cars....even in matte white. if anything, the only other color i would consider would be matte gray....but im looking for a more drastic transformation from my current color you know....so its either Matte Black (with a bit of sheen still present), a full paint job to gloss black or leave it regular....

im leaning towards the matte black vinyl because you can easily remove it w/o damage to the original paint...
Old 09-08-2011, 09:47 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550 DPE S7 CF Front Splitters

a bit over the top for me, and looks better on an e9x than a 5. With that said, a guy in the bay area did it (member here, can't remember name) and it looks good. I just prefer good 'ol OEM paint with some accents, like the ones you've done already.
you haven't missed the mark on your mods yet, and I assume this will be no different.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:48 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I saw on Overhaulin they once did a Falcon in matte blue! BEAUTY!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:49 AM
Members

wow, i never seen a matt white b4? look hot. Matt gray is not bad either. how do you even wash the car with that type of paint? is there some extra precautions you have to take?
Old 09-09-2011, 07:08 AM
Senior Members

Carbon wrap
Old 09-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2007 525xi

Originally Posted by 525iEnjoy
Carbon wrap
Am I the only one that thinks carbon fiber looks horrible? I've seen it in many places.. lips, splitters, rear apron, interior trim, etc. I've hated each one.

.. but I think that's just me.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

i think it can look cool if done right....and ONLY if its actual carbon fiber and not just some decal. my interior trim is wrapped in a light carbon fiber (authentic) and i actually like it a lot....the car came that way when i bought it.....however i am wrapping it in hi-gloss black because its a bit too much 'in-your-face' ....my style is a bit more subtle.....as subtle as you can be w/ a loud ass exhaust, super bright white LED halos/eyebrows and deep dish 20s LOL!

Quick Reply: Need Opinions: Full Matte Black Wrap