E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Modding FAQ Page: Stop the BS

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009 | 07:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Its a good question. There are some companies that will sell you an exhaust, then when you get no benefit from it, they tell you that its because you dont have the software. This is very common but RPi approaches it a certain way. The truth of the matter is, if an exhaust is going to make power, its going to make power. You can tune for it to see if you can optimize the amount of performance you gain from hardware changes but its not necessary with RPi products unless specified. When I go to buy a car or anything else for the matter, I dont like the salesman to try to upsell something to me. I dont want to do it to others. Our packages are.......well, packages and you can get a package or a single item and it will still benefit you.

As for the exhaust, this is how we do it at RPi. You/we have a BMW right? Its NOT going to come from the factory LOUD. Its not an MB where you are nice and comfy but one search for "exhaust, loud, rpi" and youll see how many topics there are about our exhausts being loud. From the factory the exhaust systems are VERY well made, both sound dampening and performance. I look at how and why the BMW engineers made the exhaust the way they did. There is performance to be had but not at the expense of increased sound (which many people dont want). This is where we come in. Some of the performance you can extract from the exhaust systems are by removing the certain aspects of the exhaust that was used to make the car run more quiet. This is why our exhaust systems is not for everyone. There are resonators, baffels, chambers, etc in the exhaust that can hinder performance. The challenging part is making something that sounds good and performs since the exhausts are made specifically for that engine configuration and amount of power. A perfect example is the 545 and 550 and how our two exhausts systems for the cars are different even though the engines are similar. I hope this helps.