E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Listen Your iPod Music on Your Own FM Radio Frequency

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 05:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i, Carbon Black Metallic with Black Dakota Leather, Sport Package, Sport Automatic Transmission, NAV, Cold-Weather Package, Folding Rear Seats, Rear Side Impact Airbags, Sirius, iPod/USB Adapter,
Model Year: 2008

If your favorite radio station could only play your favorite iPod music with a selection of on-demand songs you want to listen at a particular time of the day, then maybe you would tune in more often? But, with iTrip FM Transmitter, you actually might love your radio again. iTrip FM Transmitter with LCD and Dock Connector for iPod lets you avoid the hassle of bad reception and bad music on your car's radio by transmitting your iPod's music directly to an open FM frequency on your car's FM stereo so you can play your tunes through your car stereo speakers.

iTrip comes in two colors, black and white, and features a clear backlit LCD screen that makes setting the digital tuner easy in dimly lit environments. Additionally, SmartSound technology maximizes the FM radio signal sent by iTrip to your car's FM radio. Weight of this transmitter is only 0.6 ounces (17 grams). A switch on iTrip's side controls the broadcast frequency, but with iTrip's memory of broadcast settings, you might find yourself not changing the frequency often. The selectable LX or DX modes ensure optimal reception levels and cut background noise. It all comes in a compact, self-contained design that helps you control iTrip when you're busy coping with traffic.

iTrip's wireless operation range is up to 30 ft (9.1 metres), while available output RF range in US is 88.1 MHz - 107.9 MHz with radio frequency increments or 0.2 MHz per step. You don't have to worry about buying extra batteries, because iTrip comes with no batteries required and draws power from your iPod.

This FM transmitter is compatible with iPod touch, iPod (click wheel), iPod mini, iPod photo, iPod nano, 2nd-generation iPod nano, iPod with video, iPod classic, and 3rd generation iPod nano. It retails for $49.99 and you can get it from Griffin Technology online store.

http://www.palluxo.com/2008/05/18/listen-y...uency/#more-471
Old 05-19-2008, 02:39 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 530i Individual, DVD Package, HUD, Bluetooth, Comfort Seats, SR, etc

Riiiiiiiiiight! dude this things like 4 years old ...i mean not this particular model.... but i have had several griffin FM transmitters, they are all so bad when you listen to the direct connection.....
Old 05-19-2008, 03:17 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Sorry to rain on the parade, but these things have been around for a while and, although they are slowly getting better, they just aren't up to muster. Sound quality is iffy at best and those "unassigned" frequencies are anything but - I discovered just how many pirate radio stations there are on those frequencies!!
Old 05-19-2008, 05:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i SMG

In So Cal, there are so many powerful radio stations I have yet to see one fm modulator ever work as advertized. :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: