E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 05:29 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Hi Merdashti,

PM member Knightcom. He's looking for those eurospec headlights. I already have a set mounted on my car.

Thanks for the offer.

Tony
Old 12-05-2007, 10:14 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you so much for keeping me informed--saved me a ton of headache. I'm glad everything turned out well for you in the end. Just like what you described. The LCI Retrofit manual neglected pre-2005 cars and made no mention of the different wirings. I went to the dealer and after they wired the rear--the bmw tech was surprise to see the headlight wire colors being different! The dealer also couldn't find the "retrofit" software that was in the manual. And strange when they contacted BMW Germany tech support. Their response was that "they are not aware of this kit, do not install". Therefore, the dealer concluded that the kit is maybe only for Europe and not US market.

Now I know the retrofit can be accomplished and armed with more information, I'm anxious to go back and try it again!

Originally Posted by Merdashti' post='502390' date='Dec 4 2007, 12:39 AM
Root,

Thanks - am going to be with you all the way until you get the lights to work! Its a very tough upgrade not as initially advertised as just a plug a play! not that easy.. and this is probably the reason BMW put it on hold. My dealership had to call Germany 13 times to get eveything to work right! I think that when BMW put this kit out they did not realize that the manual was so not clear, they also did not address the issue with different wire colors on the pre 2005 production cars.
For instance the software for recoding the LM is not available on BMW's system under retrofit as with any other update. They have all the software for this specific kit under Conversion (no mention of that in the manual). Another puzzling issue is Brake Force Display - when you install this kit, you will have to recode with the software that includes BFD or the lights will not work right (again this is not clearly mentioned in the manual)

This is probably why they now have the whole kit on hold - whoever put this kit together did not think out of the box when producing the manual for it.

BMW Germany even asked my dealership about where they got the kit from since no kits were sent to kuwait!

Take care
M.
Old 12-06-2007, 07:24 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW ALPINA B5

Root,

Before you do the install maybe its best to speak to the dealership and see if they can locate the software under Conversion - if they cant find it, then it might be true that the kit is only meant to be for Euro spec cars - but I doubt this...

Regards,
M.

Originally Posted by RootKit' post='503378' date='Dec 6 2007, 10:14 AM
Thank you so much for keeping me informed--saved me a ton of headache. I'm glad everything turned out well for you in the end. Just like what you described. The LCI Retrofit manual neglected pre-2005 cars and made no mention of the different wirings. I went to the dealer and after they wired the rear--the bmw tech was surprise to see the headlight wire colors being different! The dealer also couldn't find the "retrofit" software that was in the manual. And strange when they contacted BMW Germany tech support. Their response was that "they are not aware of this kit, do not install". Therefore, the dealer concluded that the kit is maybe only for Europe and not US market.

Now I know the retrofit can be accomplished and armed with more information, I'm anxious to go back and try it again!
Old 12-06-2007, 11:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i

I have a question on the new LCI headlights. I have heard that the M5 headlights versus the regular 5 headlights are different. Which model works for the retrofit or do both models work?
Thanks
Ryan
Old 12-07-2007, 10:46 AM
Members

My Ride: BMW ALPINA B5

Rpav,

The lights are the same they come standard on both cars - both will work!

Regards,
M.

Originally Posted by rpav' post='503624' date='Dec 6 2007, 11:43 PM
I have a question on the new LCI headlights. I have heard that the M5 headlights versus the regular 5 headlights are different. Which model works for the retrofit or do both models work?
Thanks
Ryan
Old 12-17-2007, 09:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Merdashti,

were there any problems with the new LCM ie. compatibility, problems connecting the present wires and additional one for the rear ?

Is the only issue for E60's pre 2005 the color coding issue on the right front headlight ?

thanks
Old 12-21-2007, 07:09 PM
Contributors

Hi Andy,
I came across another thread, you mentioned something about BMW re-releasing the kit as an all-in-one part # kit? Do you know anything that might be changed?

Merdashti if i remember correctly has an '04 production built car. He checked his wiring etc., the color of the wirings actually match the LCI retrofit kit TIS manual diagram. My car is a 12/03 build date--'04 model...but my headlight wiring colors do not match. Bruce checked the WDS and believe there is no difference between Euro or US specs car--and it might have to do with the year the car was built. But I'm not sure now since Merdashti has same year car as me but maybe due to Euro specs.

I checked in with couple of dealers but they refuse to do the the retrofit citing "liabilities issue" from spicing the wires. I'm not sure what is the whole deal with this retrofit (or conversion).Maybe the dealers just don't know anything or lack information. Once I can get the light module coded by an independent bmw shop--I will play around with the headlights and see what problems arise (if any).
Old 12-22-2007, 08:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Originally Posted by RootKit' post='509445' date='Dec 22 2007, 05:09 AM
Hi Andy,
I came across another thread, you mentioned something about BMW re-releasing the kit as an all-in-one part # kit? Do you know anything that might be changed?
not sure - the dealer just said it would be cheaper since you don't have to buy everything seperately. I hope this time pre 2005 E60's are taken into account !
Old 12-26-2007, 11:15 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

May I get into the club?

Santa worked again this Christmas

LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights-dscn6570_low.jpg

LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights-dscn6575_low.jpg

LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights-dscn6577_low.jpg

LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights-dscn6574_low.jpg
Old 12-26-2007, 11:23 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Carbon Black 550i, Sports, Premium & Cold Weather Packages, Steptronic, HUD, NAV.

Originally Posted by nicke60gre' post='510768' date='Dec 26 2007, 03:15 PM
May I get into the club?

Santa worked again this Christmas

Quick Reply: LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights