E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 02:27 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

i need these lights on my car!! someone please come and save us..

got a pair of new headlights sitting in my car and i cry a little everytime i see them in my room,...just sitting
Old 11-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by sachal007
i need these lights on my car!! someone please come and save us..

got a pair of new headlights sitting in my car and i cry a little everytime i see them in my room,...just sitting
From???

Why are some of you guys are making things harder than it is???, this retrofit has been fully documented in this thread. It does not not get more OEM than this. Its an OEM retrofit with very detail instructions, its not like the CIC retrofit.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW E-60 530I

Originally Posted by nelson29
From???

Why are some of you guys are making things harder than it is???, this retrofit has been fully documented in this thread. It does not not get more OEM than this. Its an OEM retrofit with very detail instructions, its not like the CIC retrofit.

ebay.

nelson the only thing i am not sure of is if i can use my stock ballast,ahl? do i need to upgrade my software before i do the retro. i called few dealership and they have no idea about this retro.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by sachal007
ebay.

nelson the only thing i am not sure of is if i can use my stock ballast,ahl? do i need to upgrade my software before i do the retro. i called few dealership and they have no idea about this retro.
You dont need to upgrade your software. Is your current ballast D1s or D2s? using the pre-lci AHL is hit or miss according to a few guys. I have the AHL tha ends in 312 for p/n.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RootKit
At this point, it is easier and much less costly to connect those two wires! The coding of the LM gives different function to your taillights. There is a reason why BMW included those two long wires--it powers the LED rods of the taillights. The wires are not grounds, obviously will lose some function with the update since you havn't connected the wires back to the LM. Even before the update, your taillights did not work flawlessly and function properly as intended.

If things were plug and play, many members here could have saved some money and not use Bruce's cable. Also, there would have not been that very long thread couple years ago when many of us were scrambling to get the taillights to work properly.

Root, prior to installing my headlamps and replacing my lcm, I can assure you my signal, brake lamp, driving lamp and reverse all worked flawlessly for about 1 month using just the sockets from the oem bmw wiring kit leaving those wires under my trunk compartment un used. The only malfucntion was an idrive error which i could care less about. And I believe it was one of your threads in which you mentioned that one should update lcm first, then install hardware which is actually incorrect and is what has caused me much time and extra money in attempting this retrofit. At this point, the money is irrelevant and thank god this is a second car because I have lost the enjoyability of driving it from chasing all of these threads around. If i could turn back time, i would have bought an 08. Anyway running those wires at the dealer will cost me 600 as labor is 150 an hour so bruces tail light option for 300 would seem to be a better idea. Anyway if anyone is selling Bruce V6 cables please let me know and i have done the headlights myself so anyone attempting to do so, please let me know if you have questions, i will make it as pain free as possible. FYI I reused bulbs and ballasts and after programming with headlights installed, my Adaptive feature started to work again. my car is a 12/05 production and I completed a front and rear xenon pre lci to lci.
Old 11-29-2010, 12:27 PM
Contributors

Why don't you run the cables yourself? It's gonna take you less than an hour to do it.
Old 11-30-2010, 12:03 PM
Contributors

Frustration leads people to search for a solution. In this case, it leads to reading things or seeing things that are not there.

1) Where in the forum did I say "one should update lcm first, then install hardware..."? Not a good idea to accuse any forum member here of posting information he/she did not post. Your inability to read or follow instructions is what costing you extra time and money. I posted the requirements under post#124 earlier in this same thread. FYI, your car is built 12/05....then yes you can reuse your bulbs and ballasts. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

I would think the OEM .pdf instuctions from BMW are straightforward as it gets. I even gave an overview summary of steps which needed to be done and how much work it would be. A friend a few weeks ago got the retrofit done by the dealer, and he says everything worked out well with no problems. He followed the information I posted in the thread--the only minor hiccup he had was BMW assigning a new part# to the light control module.

2) BTW, this is the only thread I created in regards to LCI retrofit, so I have no clue what other threads you are chasing. Its been almost 3 years old and I tried my best based on information I gathered at that time. By all means, feel free to post any new information.

3) At this point money is irrevalent? Then I don't know why you are making a big deal about using Bruce's cable & saving money. Have the dealer route the wires, that way you can spend some time driving and enjoying the car. If you can change the headlights and wire the plug, I'm sure you are more than abled to run the cables yourself.

4) The wires power the LED rods....Unless act of God or higher power--I don't' know how it could have functioned normally. Maybe you should've cared about the idrive error and what it is trying to tell you. While you are at the dealer, please take a look at the LCI cars--check out the taillights and ask for a demo.

During the the LCI taillight groupbuy that happend 2-3 years ago, we were all caught offguard since the tailights were not plug and play. Maybe some of our old timers can chime in

Originally Posted by DiaminDog
Root, prior to installing my headlamps and replacing my lcm, I can assure you my signal, brake lamp, driving lamp and reverse all worked flawlessly for about 1 month using just the sockets from the oem bmw wiring kit leaving those wires under my trunk compartment un used. The only malfucntion was an idrive error which i could care less about. And I believe it was one of your threads in which you mentioned that one should update lcm first, then install hardware which is actually incorrect and is what has caused me much time and extra money in attempting this retrofit. At this point, the money is irrelevant and thank god this is a second car because I have lost the enjoyability of driving it from chasing all of these threads around. If i could turn back time, i would have bought an 08. Anyway running those wires at the dealer will cost me 600 as labor is 150 an hour so bruces tail light option for 300 would seem to be a better idea. Anyway if anyone is selling Bruce V6 cables please let me know and i have done the headlights myself so anyone attempting to do so, please let me know if you have questions, i will make it as pain free as possible. FYI I reused bulbs and ballasts and after programming with headlights installed, my Adaptive feature started to work again. my car is a 12/05 production and I completed a front and rear xenon pre lci to lci.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:52 AM
Members

Hello

I made all installation of this retrofit on my E61 :
- It's a 09/05 who has dynamic lights (AHL).
- I installed no dynamic lci headlights (very good price on used parts).
- I installed new Light modul (61 35 9 203 082)

I have DIS GT1 and when i try to coding LM, it's wouthout success. I think it can be caused by non dynamic headlights. What do you think ? Can i disconnect AHL ? There is a modul behind gloves box ?

So symptoms are : turn signals very fast lighting, no angels lights lighting, first bulb of brake light always lighting, many error codes on dashboard...

Very sorry for my english, can you tell me what you think ? I tryed many times to coding light modul without any success.

Thanks

Renaud
Old 12-03-2010, 08:56 AM
Members

Hello

PLEASE HELP ME !!! Coding without success. Can you just inform of the emplacement of AHL control unit ? Behind gloves box ? I don't find them.

Very important

Renaud
Old 12-03-2010, 09:02 AM
Contributors

The AHL is under the lights
Attached Thumbnails LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights-ahl.jpg  

Quick Reply: LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights