E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 07:55 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andy545' post='793418' date='Feb 15 2009, 04:15 PM
nice work Ben
indeed mate, I was refering to bixenon AHL - my post refered to actual experience as well ! - this thread is definately getting richer with experience with all kinds of variations of this mod.
Ben! I installed the new plug/harness and 2008 headlights with AHL Electronic boxes under the headlights with 63127189312, but can't find a LCM 6135 9 154 944 cause its discontiniued??? My adaptive headligs are not working, what should i do?
Old 05-25-2010, 01:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 E60 535d M Sport

Hi folks,

I've recently just completed the full LCI conversion (from AHL Xenon to LCI AHL Xenon). My car was built 12/06 so I didn't get a new LCM - my original LCM has a part number of: 9 137 776.
I swapped everything over from my old lights to the LCI lights, wired it all up, and I got parking light errors and a cornering light error.

Now i've been to have the LCM recoded, and the guy said it crashed halfway through coding the LCM because the left hand side Xenon stopped working. However after picking the car up, everything is working as it should except I'm still getting the cornering lights error on the iDrive. I'm going to try and get the car down to attempt another recoding, but the light switch has a flashing green light which suggests AHL are inactive. The units I have are part number 7 189 312. (Reading past comments these seem to be the ones that *should* work - they came with my original lights).

Apart from this, I get the welcome lights when unlocking the car (when switch is in Auto), I get the bright angel eyes for DRLs, and the Xenons work ok too. I've disconnected the Bruce V6 cables and plugged in the BMW retrofit cables and everything works perfectly at the back too - no iDrive errors!

So just to repeat, LCM with part number: 9 137 776 can be coded for a LCI retrofit too!

BUT - I've still got a CORNERING LIGHTS ERROR on the iDrive (for now).

Cheers
Old 05-26-2010, 06:32 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ///MrSingh
Hi folks,

I've recently just completed the full LCI conversion (from AHL Xenon to LCI AHL Xenon). My car was built 12/06 so I didn't get a new LCM - my original LCM has a part number of: 9 137 776.
I swapped everything over from my old lights to the LCI lights, wired it all up, and I got parking light errors and a cornering light error.

Now i've been to have the LCM recoded, and the guy said it crashed halfway through coding the LCM because the left hand side Xenon stopped working. However after picking the car up, everything is working as it should except I'm still getting the cornering lights error on the iDrive. I'm going to try and get the car down to attempt another recoding, but the light switch has a flashing green light which suggests AHL are inactive. The units I have are part number 7 189 312. (Reading past comments these seem to be the ones that *should* work - they came with my original lights).

Apart from this, I get the welcome lights when unlocking the car (when switch is in Auto), I get the bright angel eyes for DRLs, and the Xenons work ok too. I've disconnected the Bruce V6 cables and plugged in the BMW retrofit cables and everything works perfectly at the back too - no iDrive errors!

So just to repeat, LCM with part number: 9 137 776 can be coded for a LCI retrofit too!

BUT - I've still got a CORNERING LIGHTS ERROR on the iDrive (for now).

Cheers
I was told that any LCM 08 and newer should work cause it's just an light module.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:10 AM
Members

Hey all Newbie here. I just had my new LCM installed and programmed at the dealer. My LCI tail lamps are already installed but even after programming I am still getting error messages on the dash. will this go away when the front LCI are properly installed? I have the front LCI getting installed tomm. Does anyone know if the pin instructions are correct for the front lights wiring as I read people were changing pins around because some of the instructions were incorrect from the OEM BMW wiring kit? Also what causes the high beams to burn the plastic lens as I have seen? Is this from incorrect installation? Is this preventable? And when the wiring is run from the back lights to the new headlights should the car have the entry/exit slow dimming feature on the lights now that i have a new programmed LCM? PLEASE HELP! Thanks
Old 11-11-2010, 07:03 AM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Originally Posted by DiaminDog
Hey all Newbie here. I just had my new LCM installed and programmed at the dealer. My LCI tail lamps are already installed but even after programming I am still getting error messages on the dash. will this go away when the front LCI are properly installed? I have the front LCI getting installed tomm. Does anyone know if the pin instructions are correct for the front lights wiring as I read people were changing pins around because some of the instructions were incorrect from the OEM BMW wiring kit? Also what causes the high beams to burn the plastic lens as I have seen? Is this from incorrect installation? Is this preventable? And when the wiring is run from the back lights to the new headlights should the car have the entry/exit slow dimming feature on the lights now that i have a new programmed LCM? PLEASE HELP! Thanks
Why would you code the LCM without installing the headlights first? Makes no sense to me
Old 11-11-2010, 10:10 PM
Contributors

DiaminDog, I'm sure the error msgs are for the front--unless it say something about taillight/brake light malfunction? I don't think it is too hard to screwd-up the taillights since it is just plugging the retrofit cable to the back end of it. The updated .pdf should have correct pins instruction for front. The main reason some members were changing pins was to do the conversion without going to the dealer or getting a light module. I'm sure the melting will not be a problem if you are doing strictly OEM retrofit. Back a couple years ago, the retrofit cable had couple pins switched for each side. But hopefully BMW fixed the issue--if not just verify the wiring diagram that is in the .pdf instruction. The "courtesy lights" both taillights and headlights should kind of fade on dim etc. Yes, I would expect the taillights to function like LCI if the light module is programmed successfully.

Let us know how things go.....in the end as long you get same results. So how come not do everything at once? Couldn't wait to see the taillights, I understand Goodluck, welcome to the forum!
Old 11-13-2010, 02:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RootKit
DiaminDog, I'm sure the error msgs are for the front--unless it say something about taillight/brake light malfunction? I don't think it is too hard to screwd-up the taillights since it is just plugging the retrofit cable to the back end of it. The updated .pdf should have correct pins instruction for front. The main reason some members were changing pins was to do the conversion without going to the dealer or getting a light module. I'm sure the melting will not be a problem if you are doing strictly OEM retrofit. Back a couple years ago, the retrofit cable had couple pins switched for each side. But hopefully BMW fixed the issue--if not just verify the wiring diagram that is in the .pdf instruction. The "courtesy lights" both taillights and headlights should kind of fade on dim etc. Yes, I would expect the taillights to function like LCI if the light module is programmed successfully.

Let us know how things go.....in the end as long you get same results. So how come not do everything at once? Couldn't wait to see the taillights, I understand Goodluck, welcome to the forum!
Root, thanks for the input. Installation took me about 6 hours having no experience with wiring at all. Nelson, I read on either this forum or on m5board that you had to program and install new lcm (since i have a 12/05 car) prior to headlights. For the record the part number I used was 61359203082. I didn't understand either but I did as I read from someone who has completed this task already. I am still getting error messages on the tails because i don't know how to run those two wires (from OEM retro wiring kit) through the molding and insert them into the new LCM ? Anyhow lights are working but my blinkers (front,side and rear) are blinking exceptionally fast and my Adaptive lights are not working. Alos do no have the auto dim for lock/unlock. Any insight? I am also considering the CIC upgrade after seeing what the value of my car is..
Old 11-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Contributors

LED rods of the taillight (left & right) is powered by those two wires & routed to the LM. The light module area is fairly tight and cramp. Removing the light module is easy but the plug that goes into the LM needs to be manipulated and BMW don't give too much slack to pull it out. A small sharp-end thin rod tool to push those small pins out would be very handy. And yes alot of trimmings and backseat need to be removed.

Im an not sure if the light module was programmed correctly. The new part# for the light module is 61-35-9-203-082 which should be the right one. It should have eliminated the fast blinking and also have the auto dim for lock/unlock.

Did you replace the adaptive light control, ALC? So now the car have both the LCI headlight and taillights installed except the need to route the wires to the LM?
Old 11-15-2010, 07:59 PM
Members

Originally Posted by RootKit
LED rods of the taillight (left & right) is powered by those two wires & routed to the LM. The light module area is fairly tight and cramp. Removing the light module is easy but the plug that goes into the LM needs to be manipulated and BMW don't give too much slack to pull it out. A small sharp-end thin rod tool to push those small pins out would be very handy. And yes alot of trimmings and backseat need to be removed.

Im an not sure if the light module was programmed correctly. The new part# for the light module is 61-35-9-203-082 which should be the right one. It should have eliminated the fast blinking and also have the auto dim for lock/unlock.

Did you replace the adaptive light control, ALC? So now the car have both the LCI headlight and taillights installed except the need to route the wires to the LM?

didn't know i had to replace the alc, new headlights are dynamic and old ones were as well, thought the retrofit wiring would allow them to work with new programming. i think hardware should have been installed then programmed? do you know anything about the CIC upgrade? i do not want to pay dealer to program again, they charged me 300.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

Yes you have to replace the ALC, I think a couple of members were able to use their old ALC. What ive told everybody is to buy the LCI headlights with the new ALCs.

Bmw dealerships are unable to code the CIC. Contact Patryk for all you coding needs. Are you thinking about the CIC upgrade?
If you do let me know if you have any questions, my email is nepl29@gmail.com

Here's a thread i did when i did the CIC retrofit.

https://5series.net/forums/topic/994...1#entry1184214

Quick Reply: LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights