E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 Carbon Black 02/2006 Sport

Old 11-08-2011, 08:00 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BlaSTiWi
to the forum!

This conversion is for pre-LCI Xenon -> LCI Xenon ... and there's a HUGE difference if you do cross conversion ... trust me I did pre-LCI Halogen -> all the way -> LCI Xenon and rather more complicated ... not so fun
Thank you 'BlaSTiWi'

I see! Well I got stuck with 02/2006 Pre LCI with Halogens ... and badly want LCI Adaptive Bi-Xenons and LCI taillights ... could you or any other member help please? As what hardware do I need to get them installed? Most probably I will get it done through an electrician, I only have to supply the hardware. Please advise!

Note: Please do remember that I am doing Pre LCI Halogen to LCI Adaptive Xenon conversion with LCI taillights!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:30 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: MY07 525xi Silver Gray
Model Year: 2007

That exactly what I did my car is '07 pre-LCI w/ Halogen and couple years ago I did full LCI Bi-Xenon headlight conversion + LCI tail light, here's the thread:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/77535-converted-my-headlights

Since your car was born w/o Adaptive you'll most likely will not have that ability 'cuz it needs other sensor(s) more than simply the headlight.

A simple list to start is get the front & rear LCI lights, get the retrofit cable ... somebody have to cut the headlight wiring and fit the replacement also run wires for the tail lights and do coding so your iDrive know that your car has changed from Halogen to Xenon (not to mention the tail light) since the way the computer check are different between them w/o proper coding your iDrive will be full of warnings.

PS: Since your car is early '06 you may need to replace the Light Module (LM1) w/ the newer LM2 to have the ability like LCI welcome light and stuff, mine already came w/ LM2 so I didn't have to swap it.

Originally Posted by tarlai
Thank you 'BlaSTiWi'
I see! Well I got stuck with 02/2006 Pre LCI with Halogens ... and badly want LCI Adaptive Bi-Xenons and LCI taillights ... could you or any other member help please? As what hardware do I need to get them installed? Most probably I will get it done through an electrician, I only have to supply the hardware. Please advise!

Note: Please do remember that I am doing Pre LCI Halogen to LCI Adaptive Xenon conversion with LCI taillights!
Old 11-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Members

Thanks BlaSTiWi ... I have red that thread ... good 1 ... but there is no mention of part numbers etc. Well I just wanted to confirm the parts which I am planning to buy for this project:

(1) Headlights (the most soooxy ones)
LH: 63 12 7 177 751
RH: 63 12 7 177 752
These headlights are adptive ones ... Could I disable the adaptive function without any errors or could I get the function working, what does it take? ... Please note that the headlights contain no Ballasts, Controls, Igniters etc (I dont exactly know what they do ) ... What sort of such little electrical parts do I need on these headlights and why?

(2)Taillights:
LH: 63 21 7 177 281
RH: 63 21 7 177 282

(3)Retrofit Cable Set: 61 12 0 432 110

(4)Light Module: 61 35 9 154 944

Are the above mentioned right parts for this project?

That exactly what I did my car is '07 pre-LCI w/ Halogen and couple years ago I did full LCI Bi-Xenon headlight conversion + LCI tail light, here's the thread:

https://5series.net/forums/topic/77535-converted-my-headlights

Since your car was born w/o Adaptive you'll most likely will not have that ability 'cuz it needs other sensor(s) more than simply the headlight.

A simple list to start is get the front & rear LCI lights, get the retrofit cable ... somebody have to cut the headlight wiring and fit the replacement also run wires for the tail lights and do coding so your iDrive know that your car has changed from Halogen to Xenon (not to mention the tail light) since the way the computer check are different between them w/o proper coding your iDrive will be full of warnings.

PS: Since your car is early '06 you may need to replace the Light Module (LM1) w/ the newer LM2 to have the ability like LCI welcome light and stuff, mine already came w/ LM2 so I didn't have to swap it.
Old 11-09-2011, 02:58 PM
Members
Senior Members

I can not verify the part number for (1) you just will not have adaptive function you can probably get the adaptive function to work but you have to replace a bunch of sensors (maybe for example steering angle sensor the speed sensor and a lot more other) and my headlights are non-adaptive so I don't have to deal w/ that.

Ballast is kinda like the power pack for the Xenon bulb so w/o them your headlight will not function.

I also can not verify p/n (2)

p/n (3) is correct.

Don't know for p/n (4) as my car already came w/ LM2 so I didn't have to replace it.

As far as the rest can be done via coding programming like to disable Adaptive module to avoid error etc.

Thanks BlaSTiWi ... I have red that thread ... good 1 ... but there is no mention of part numbers etc. Well I just wanted to confirm the parts which I am planning to buy for this project:

(1) Headlights (the most soooxy ones)
LH: 63 12 7 177 751
RH: 63 12 7 177 752
These headlights are adptive ones ... Could I disable the adaptive function without any errors or could I get the function working, what does it take? ... Please note that the headlights contain no Ballasts, Controls, Igniters etc (I dont exactly know what they do ) ... What sort of such little electrical parts do I need on these headlights and why?

(2)Taillights:
LH: 63 21 7 177 281
RH: 63 21 7 177 282

(3)Retrofit Cable Set: 61 12 0 432 110

(4)Light Module: 61 35 9 154 944

Are the above mentioned right parts for this project?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:50 PM
Members

I see ... its started making more sense now!

Well ... I am not a big fan of adaptive thingi anyway ... that means I dont need to get that little square electric part (please see the pic, number 2 in red) beside the ballast (number 1 in green), isnt it?

LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights-headlightballast.jpg

And is E60 headlights ballast "one fits all" sort of part or not? Because eBay is full of e60 ballasts and I can get some cheaper ones from there.

Does ignitor sit inside the headlight and hold the xenon bulb? Is it also one fits all for LCI xenon headlights?

Cheers mate!

I can not verify the part number for (1) you just will not have adaptive function you can probably get the adaptive function to work but you have to replace a bunch of sensors (maybe for example steering angle sensor the speed sensor and a lot more other) and my headlights are non-adaptive so I don't have to deal w/ that.

Ballast is kinda like the power pack for the Xenon bulb so w/o them your headlight will not function.

I also can not verify p/n (2)

p/n (3) is correct.

Don't know for p/n (4) as my car already came w/ LM2 so I didn't have to replace it.

As far as the rest can be done via coding programming like to disable Adaptive module to avoid error etc.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:21 PM
Members
Senior Members

Yes the smaller box is the adaptive module.

You have to check the headlight most likely it uses D1S where ignitor built into the ballast so if you get ballast from eBay make sure fit D1S or D2S which you have to make sure

I see ... its started making more sense now!

Well ... I am not a big fan of adaptive thingi anyway ... that means I dont need to get that little square electric part (please see the pic, number 2 in red) beside the ballast (number 1 in green), isnt it?

Attachment 128118

And is E60 headlights ballast "one fits all" sort of part or not? Because eBay is full of e60 ballasts and I can get some cheaper ones from there.

Does ignitor sit inside the headlight and hold the xenon bulb? Is it also one fits all for LCI xenon headlights?

Cheers mate!
Old 11-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Members

Many thanks BlaSTiWi ... I am much confident now

I will keep you updated

Thanks again

Yes the smaller box is the adaptive module.

You have to check the headlight most likely it uses D1S where ignitor built into the ballast so if you get ballast from eBay make sure fit D1S or D2S which you have to make sure
Old 11-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Members

Hey I need some help with this since we are in the subject. I own a 04 e60 and I wanna upgrade my head lights now I found 1 head lamp from an 09 for very cheap like $100 but it doesn't have the bulbs and it doesn't have the ballast modules i think it's just the shell can I use my module. I don't know if I'm even saying it right I'm new to this but I wanna know if I should buy it and if I can use the parts from my lights. Thanks.

ok this is what I can buy but i think it's missing the important parts
Old 11-17-2011, 08:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Titanium Grey Metallic/ Gray Dakota Leather

Looking for a pair of LCI xenon headlights for a good price to retrofit my Pre LCI E60, I'm hoping someone on this forum could save me the trips to my local junk yards..

Quick Reply: LCI Retrofit Facelift Lights