E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Jlevi SW | Full Factory Tour of aFe - See How It's Made w/ Photos

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 10:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by dbae1978' post='953103' date='Jul 24 2009, 02:35 PM
JLevi, instead of wasting time on the forums why don't you bring a car out to the dyno day? or better yet to a street race to clear up all the confusion? if Rpi is mis-informed then why would they challenge you to either? And if AFE is truly does not lose power like you say, why wouldn't you accept the challenge? Prove us e60.net people wrong. Until you show us some sort of proof that an AFE car can beat a RPi car, you're products will never sell here or on any other forum.
+1 Put your money (best car in this case) where your mouth is. Talk is f'king cheap and is losing value by the minute.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by khooger' post='952955' date='Jul 24 2009, 11:42 AM
I like where this is going....afe has no home here at the 5 series forum...unfortunately...maybe at the ford truck's forum it does!!!

Just ban them.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Jlevi,

I dont know you, never met you, saw you at some events but thats about it. I started off selling products online as well and I used to sell intakes like the ones AFE make. Until I started getting serious about performance, racing and dyno testing did I figure out that this stuff doesnt work. To learn more, you can read books on engine efficiency, VE, etc. There are tons of books you can order online or find at a local library. Gale Banks has some great info also on IATs and how they affect power. EFI University also offers classes around the country that can help you understand the products you are trying so hard to push. There are tons of resources available that will teach you so you dont have to take anyones word on here.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:43 AM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by theXman' post='953110' date='Jul 24 2009, 11:38 AM
+1 Put your money (best car in this case) where your mouth is. Talk is f'king cheap and is losing value by the minute.
Well, the vp of AFE told Joe@Trinity to let us know they guaranteed a win if we dyno tested and ran both cars on the street. Im not sure if you guys remembered, but we actually held a dyno day for that challenge but it was a no show for them.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: A Car

AFE's got a nice factory there. It is beautiful. Yes that the filter may have more air flow but that doesnt mean the air is going INTO the intake. What creates more suction? Wind going into the airbox at 50 mph or having an NA engine itself suck the air? Try taking one of those bubble tea straws and suck air through it and try openning ur mouth and gather the air at 20 mph. It';s a BIG difference
Old 07-24-2009, 10:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 AMG | Obsidian Black | Schwarzes Nappa | Black BirdEye Maple | Premium II Package | Electronic Trunk Closer | Parktronic Engine: RPi/Powerchips custom ECU tune, RPi Ram Air Kit (BMC filter, scoops), RennTech Sport exhaust, secondary cats, charcoal and resonator delete, custom AAA x-pipe Exterior: 50% side windows / 35% rear window Formula One Pinnacle Series | Flat AMG hood emblem Suspension: Renntech Lowering Module Wheels/Tires: Radenergie R10, Falken FK452 245/30/20, Yokohama ADVAN Sport 285/25/20 ----------------------------------------- 2005 545i Sport SMG | Ti Grau | Schwarzes Dakota | Anthracite Maple | Logic 7 | Nav Engine: Custom AFE CAI, Superchips ECU remap, Sprint Booster, RDSport Dual Exhaust Conversion with Quad Pipes and X-pipe, 3 resonators deleted, 90mm tips! Exterior: M-Tech Aero kit | M5 Mirrors | M5 Rear Bumper | Trunk Lid Finisher | Vorsteiner decklid spoiler | 50% Formula One Pinnacle Tint Suspension and Brakes: Bilstein PSS9 coilovers, JBT BBK: 16" cross-drilled rotors, 8 piston and 15" cross-drilled rotors, 4 piston Wheels: VIP Modular VR 02 20x9F, 20x10R | Toyo T1R 245/30/20F, 285/25/20R Lights: PIAA 4150K Xtreme White Plus fog lights, AIB v3 MOST IMPORTANT: Hardwired V1; =) ED Date: 4/7/05, Re-delivery date: 5/21/05

Originally Posted by Jlevi SW' post='953086' date='Jul 24 2009, 11:20 AM
On every other forums, members have been enjoying the thread for what it is - only E60.net has to make this a product comparison and sabotage our thread.
It's b/c e60.net isn't as ignorant as most of the e9x crowd when it comes to intakes.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jlevi SW' post='953086' date='Jul 24 2009, 01:20 PM
More misunderstandings. An intake adds 5-12hp maybe depending on the car. That amount is not going to make enough of a difference to offset these factors:
-Do the cars have equal mileage
-Does one driver drive the car more aggressively, ergo the ECU has learned his habits
-Does one car have more gas and/or weight in it?
-Do both drivers have the exact same response times
-Do both cars have the same tire pressure?
-Same wheels?
-Same engine oil temp prior to the test?
-Same weight of passengers?
-HAS THE MOON ALIGNED PROPERLY WITH ALL OTHER PLANETS TO PROVE aFe CAI actually work?
-DOES TOYOTA REALIZE THAT OUR PRODUCTS ARE A PLACEBO?

Does aFe stand for "A Fake Erection"? Whereas other supplier's products actually give their customers some solid wood? Maybe you guys can throw some ExtenZe? into your intakes to help give an E60 "that old spark"?
Old 07-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by RPIpower' post='953120' date='Jul 24 2009, 02:43 PM
Well, the vp of AFE told Joe@Trinity to let us know they guaranteed a win if we dyno tested and ran both cars on the street. Im not sure if you guys remembered, but we actually held a dyno day for that challenge but it was a no show for them.
Because they know the truth and are better not to show. Chicken poop!

As you see, I'm not a fan of aFe since they kept 1/3 of my money for trying their HAI.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:57 AM
Contributors

why won't afe or jlevi take up the challenge? by their silence we can only assume that they don't have what it takes to beat RPi's products. It was just all talk....
Old 07-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jlevi SW' post='952997
LOL there was no horsepower loss. People dyno'd improperly, and didn't give the car time to adjust. When the filter itself increases airflow by leaps and bounds over stock, it is not possible for the car to lose horsepower, hot air or cold.

The only hot air issue here is everyone being filled with it as a result of misinformation.
It makes sense for vendors to stay out of each others threads, except when one calls out the work or products of another. Then, logic would dictate that it's fair game, IMHO.

Can't have it both ways.

Quick Reply: Jlevi SW | Full Factory Tour of aFe - See How It's Made w/ Photos