E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Jlevi SW | Full Factory Tour of aFe - See How It's Made w/ Photos

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 03:19 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DRANGED' post='952519
More misunderstandings. An intake adds 5-12hp maybe depending on the car. That amount is not going to make enough of a difference to offset these factors:
-Do the cars have equal mileage
-Does one driver drive the car more aggressively, ergo the ECU has learned his habits
-Does one car have more gas and/or weight in it?
-Do both drivers have the exact same response times
-Do both cars have the same tire pressure?
-Same wheels?
-Same engine oil temp prior to the test?
-Same weight of passengers?

There are just SO many factors. The main point we're making here is that AFE intakes DO NOT lose power. It's just not possible, given the amount of research and testing being completed at aFe. I'm sorry you've all been misled by RPI and others.

Now, I'll kindly ask that we discontinue this tangent - my thread is not about comparing products, it's sharing content that I spent HOURS editing, typing, and posting so that people could learn something and enjoy it.
On every other forums, members have been enjoying the thread for what it is - only E60.net has to make this a product comparison and sabotage our thread.
like i said send me the intake and i will get it dyno'd I wasnt around here when all the afe drama went down so i dont have an opinion on either company. My car has no rpi products and no afe products.

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='953426' date='Jul 24 2009, 05:15 PM
My money is on #2 too.

I actually already know. I'm just waiting for the right moment for payback.
C
Old 07-24-2009, 03:29 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Originally Posted by Jlevi SW' post='953452' date='Jul 24 2009, 06:39 PM
LOL. The only thing that silence from Jlevi and aFe proves is that we have multimillion dollar businesses to run, and customers who deserve our full attention. I'm glad other people have time to street race and bash on the forums... I don't. The thought that you challenged a reputable manufacturer of aFe's size to a "street race" or "challenge" just gives me the chuckles. What self-respecting business would agree to that? Again, comparing products is a no-no. *Rolls up newspaper and goes looking for someone at RPI* Learn to sell your products based on their own merits. I can't emphasize that enough.

The suggestion that Jlevi doesn't know how to modify cars... eh. I have trophies and magazine articles to prove otherwise.

Regardless, I'm willing to concede that maybe RPI's design for the E60 is better. After all, to err is human. However, I still think it's ludicrous to suggest that the intake loses power, and I intend to find proof to the contrary.

Until then, however, I'm tabling this discussion. I had no intent of calling out competitors, and I have no intent of dealing with diatribe here.

As for this thread hurting our business... I think we'll be OK. We are honest, hardworking people who serve thousands of satisfied BMW enthusiasts every year. We'll get by, even if many of you don't agree with our choice to support aFe.

Thanks all
JL
It sounds like you just blindly believe what aFe claims because they do big business.

At the end of the day, it's all about money and that's business. I guess the big guy at aFe has threw a bone in your direction and now you are their designated distributor or something. So you're jumping hoops for them because you are on their side and has to play the same tune. Now I understand why you started the thread and saying all these things. You are not going to prove anything here or gain any business with this move. Good luck with your new partnership with aFe.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:37 PM
Members

My Ride: M5

Hah???

Professionalism? Are you serious? Kinda hypocritical, don't you think???

Is that all you have to say after generated OVER 100 responses in a SINGLE DAY to YOUR errogant posts.

...and where are your answers...? ...your proof? ...do explain...enquiring minds want to know.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Contributors

My Ride: A Car faster than yours.....

Originally Posted by theXman' post='953502' date='Jul 24 2009, 04:29 PM
It sounds like you just blindly believe what aFe claims because they do big business.

At the end of the day, it's all about money and that's business. I guess the big guy at aFe has threw a bone in your direction and now you are their designated distributor or something. So you're jumping hoops for them because you are on their side and has to play the same tune. Now I understand why you started the thread and saying all these things. You are not going to prove anything here or gain any business with this move. Good luck with your new partnership with aFe.
Old 07-24-2009, 03:50 PM
Contributors

well this was exciting....
Thanks for posting Jlevi, you've given me something to do during a slow day at work.
keep them coming please
Old 07-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2010 Audi S4

I guess JLevi will have to deal with all the returns and refunds in the future if/when the AFE believers in the other forums find out that their hot air intakes are crap and shows HP loss.... Good luck dealing with that in the future Jlevi don't say we didn't tell you so
Old 07-24-2009, 10:35 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Jlevi SW' post='953452' date='Jul 24 2009, 03:39 PM
LOL. The only thing that silence from Jlevi and aFe proves is that we have multimillion dollar businesses to run, and customers who deserve our full attention. I'm glad other people have time to street race and bash on the forums... I don't. The thought that you challenged a reputable manufacturer of aFe's size to a "street race" or "challenge" just gives me the chuckles. What self-respecting business would agree to that? Again, comparing products is a no-no. *Rolls up newspaper and goes looking for someone at RPI* Learn to sell your products based on their own merits. I can't emphasize that enough.

The suggestion that Jlevi doesn't know how to modify cars... eh. I have trophies and magazine articles to prove otherwise.

Regardless, I'm willing to concede that maybe RPI's design for the E60 is better. After all, to err is human. However, I still think it's ludicrous to suggest that the intake loses power, and I intend to find proof to the contrary.

Until then, however, I'm tabling this discussion. I had no intent of calling out competitors, and I have no intent of dealing with diatribe here.

As for this thread hurting our business... I think we'll be OK. We are honest, hardworking people who serve thousands of satisfied BMW enthusiasts every year. We'll get by, even if many of you don't agree with our choice to support aFe.

Thanks all
JL
You lost one customer here. Bye bye.

Have a great day with your trophies and magazine articles.
Old 07-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

WOW! that escalated quick!
Old 07-25-2009, 02:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: See my signature

Originally Posted by Michelle@RPI' post='953516' date='Jul 24 2009, 07:37 PM
Hah???

Professionalism? Are you serious? Kinda hypocritical, don't you think???

Is that all you have to say after generated OVER 100 responses in a SINGLE DAY to YOUR errogant posts.

...and where are your answers...? ...your proof? ...do explain...enquiring minds want to know.
Ouch!
Old 07-25-2009, 07:13 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Okay allow Grand Poobah to comment here.

Jon, you may not think this will hurt your business or maybe the members on this forum are insignificant to your enormous customer base from your multi-million dollar business but that just shows your poor judgement. I certainly do not wish your business to falter but the big mistake you made here is that you're alienating potential customers while trying to defend a supplier yet I don't believe you personally have any solid, personal proof as to the validity of their products....only pictures of a large and well run facility.

Look at Trinity Autosport. They were also selling AFE products but when real world results came out showing problems with the intakes, they didn't sit there and defend AFE, they sided with their customers and tried to rectify the situation. I think it was Trinity who also asked for the AFE executive to get on this board to address the concerns which demonstrated a fair and unbiased approach to dealing with the problems. That's far from what you're doing. You could have simply stated that you can get or do have proof that AFE products work and produced them instead of posting some of the argumentative and condescending remarks to members here.

I guess your purpose is to stand behind products that you sell and although that stance is admirable of a vendor in certain cases, it's not the case here. You lost me as a potential customer as well.

Quick Reply: Jlevi SW | Full Factory Tour of aFe - See How It's Made w/ Photos