E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Issues with Umnitza angel eye/halo install

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 02:43 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry about your troubles.

I was looking to buy some halos for an e46, but numerous complaints about umnitza on various boards led me elsewhere.
Old 11-14-2005, 10:21 AM
Senior Members

Well done for posting this info. I am sure you will or have already saved someone else from being screwed.
Old 11-14-2005, 12:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '06 530i, white/beige, premiun package, clear bra, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by choi000' post='197537' date='Nov 13 2005, 03:55 AM
Okay, so I bought a set of angel eyes from Matt at Umnitza who told me that I can get the kit installed and that he knows of a very reputable installer who can do the install for me, that is he'll tell me who the installer is once I bought the kit from him. So I said okay; I purchased the angel eyes from him the following day and he said that I'll receive the info on the installer when I receive the kit in the mail. At that time I didn't think much of it, but the kit arrived and even though there were no info on the installer when the kit arrived I gave Matt a call and he finally gave me the info on who the installer was.
So I set up an appt with the installer Ben, who said he'll be able to do the install. So when the day arrive and I get to his place. I discover that the installer works out of his house and further more, Matt from Umnitza neglects to tell me earlier that the installer Ben has never installed a set of angel eyes on an E60 before. The installer said that he's done many installs on other BMW's but no on the E60. Being as trustful of him as I can I take his word that they could get the job done but to no surprise I get a call from him when I was waiting for him to finish the job that they couldn't do the install. So I wasted half my day with no success and feeling very cheated by the guys at Umnitza. I gave Matt a call and he was a big f*#@ing A@#hole! He wouldn't even admit to his faults, didn't even apologize and was adamently denying that the installer he recommended me to didn't really know what he was doing. I was really close to driving myself up from LA to SF to find him and kick his sorry butt... I mean how unprofessional could he have been in doing business. I talked to a buddy of mine up in the bay area and he told me that Matt was that shady and that everyone hated him because he's screwed many people over before.
I must tell you all that I am one unhappy customer stuck with a kit that I might not be able to get installed and that nobody can trust Umnitza. :thumbsdown: What they say has no credibility whatsoever, everyone beware!
Thanks for the warning. Cuold this be install as a DIY ?
Old 11-14-2005, 12:28 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I remember that someone on this forum has done that before but I don't know who. If you're going to replace the angel eye rings then it would involve oven baking the headlight unit to melt the glue.

Another method is to change the bulb that lights the rings which would be easier. It's just that we haven't found any company that makes upgraded bulbs yet. There's a post on the DIY forum from member soaristo from Japan where he custom made an LED bulb replacement.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:23 PM
Contributors

Angel eyes from Umnitza brings E60 class down close to Civic level. IMHO.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:13 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by choi000' post='197537' date='Nov 13 2005, 12:55 AM
Okay, so I bought a set of angel eyes from Matt at Umnitza who told me that I can get the kit installed and that he knows of a very reputable installer who can do the install for me, that is he'll tell me who the installer is once I bought the kit from him. So I said okay; I purchased the angel eyes from him the following day and he said that I'll receive the info on the installer when I receive the kit in the mail. At that time I didn't think much of it, but the kit arrived and even though there were no info on the installer when the kit arrived I gave Matt a call and he finally gave me the info on who the installer was.
So I set up an appt with the installer Ben, who said he'll be able to do the install. So when the day arrive and I get to his place. I discover that the installer works out of his house and further more, Matt from Umnitza neglects to tell me earlier that the installer Ben has never installed a set of angel eyes on an E60 before. The installer said that he's done many installs on other BMW's but no on the E60. Being as trustful of him as I can I take his word that they could get the job done but to no surprise I get a call from him when I was waiting for him to finish the job that they couldn't do the install. So I wasted half my day with no success and feeling very cheated by the guys at Umnitza. I gave Matt a call and he was a big f*#@ing A@#hole! He wouldn't even admit to his faults, didn't even apologize and was adamently denying that the installer he recommended me to didn't really know what he was doing. I was really close to driving myself up from LA to SF to find him and kick his sorry butt... I mean how unprofessional could he have been in doing business. I talked to a buddy of mine up in the bay area and he told me that Matt was that shady and that everyone hated him because he's screwed many people over before.
I must tell you all that I am one unhappy customer stuck with a kit that I might not be able to get installed and that nobody can trust Umnitza. :thumbsdown: What they say has no credibility whatsoever, everyone beware!
Sorry to hear. If I still had my oven, I'd offer to do the install for you.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:44 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG, Dinan Flywheel, M Sport Kit Blk, Blk.

Originally Posted by my530i' post='198239' date='Nov 14 2005, 02:23 PM

power to the forum - boycott Matt - everyone just email him or his company - choi - pay forward his contact info - maybe we'll get you compensated.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:00 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i SMG, Dinan Flywheel, M Sport Kit Blk, Blk.

Originally Posted by 545smg' post='198392

power to the forum - boycott Matt - everyone just email him or his company - choi - pay forward his contact info - maybe we'll get you compensated.
[/quote]

We should all use this forum as a community or society that weilds power and leverage. So that, as consumers we can help each other, as well leverage more purchases - as seen with Domenic and the tvnav -

But we can go further with purchasing parts, contacting bmw for defects and warranty issue replacements and even secure our place in the industry as a formidible e60 society that insure customer service, value and competitive pricing.

There will be many new products out for the e60, especially after the m5 is driven, tested, etc in magazines, and on the road.

We can even help to create better products - i.e. intakes, chip tuning, etc by demanding results, posting results and feedback in a "corporate" for lack of a better word, fashion - and we can do it all through email.

Alas I know that we are already doing it by having this forum, but I think that the timing is right to take it a step forward.

Maybe we should all email dinan to lower prices on their exhaust and wheels.

Dealers should be wary of overcharging for m sport kits and installs.

BMW Should know that we all know about the design flaws in the door seals.

BMW should also the know that we all know about the curvelinear design that is susceptible to front bumper chips.

We also know that your programmers should be working on software based out of the USA, rather than Germany because they are running on a windows operating system!

We also know the flaws in bluetooth -

B&B Cusomter satisfaction issues

And most of all...

and f*@! Umnitza and matt, and all of the other accessory dealers with their false promises, maybe we can even get the various dealers to actual spend $5000 in R &D to do dyno tests rather than just make false claims in hp gains.

Sorry got into a tangent there.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

545smg for PRESIDENT!!!!!

I'm not kidding...

Ditto to everything he said.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 BMW E60 530 black/black '05 Porsche Cayene S Black/gold 05' BMW M5 05' Bentley CGT

Originally Posted by 545smg' post='198404
Originally Posted by my530i' post='198239' date='Nov 14 2005, 02:23 PM

We should all use this forum as a community or society that weilds power and leverage. So that, as consumers we can help each other, as well leverage more purchases - as seen with Domenic and the tvnav -

But we can go further with purchasing parts, contacting bmw for defects and warranty issue replacements and even secure our place in the industry as a formidible e60 society that insure customer service, value and competitive pricing.

There will be many new products out for the e60, especially after the m5 is driven, tested, etc in magazines, and on the road.

We can even help to create better products - i.e. intakes, chip tuning, etc by demanding results, posting results and feedback in a "corporate" for lack of a better word, fashion - and we can do it all through email.

Alas I know that we are already doing it by having this forum, but I think that the timing is right to take it a step forward.

Maybe we should all email dinan to lower prices on their exhaust and wheels.

Dealers should be wary of overcharging for m sport kits and installs.

BMW Should know that we all know about the design flaws in the door seals.

BMW should also the know that we all know about the curvelinear design that is susceptible to front bumper chips.

We also know that your programmers should be working on software based out of the USA, rather than Germany because they are running on a windows operating system!

We also know the flaws in bluetooth -

B&B Cusomter satisfaction issues

And most of all...

and f*@! Umnitza and matt, and all of the other accessory dealers with their false promises, maybe we can even get the various dealers to actual spend $5000 in R &D to do dyno tests rather than just make false claims in hp gains.

Sorry got into a tangent there.
[/quote]

jk bro

Quick Reply: Issues with Umnitza angel eye/halo install