E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

iPod & USB Interface

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 11:04 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ingenious' post='837250' date='Apr 6 2009, 12:29 AM
Hey guys (first post, yey)!

I have a 10/2006 520d with no navigation. I'm desperately looking for some USB option. The 6FL retrofit looks quite good (ignoring the price for now ), but it seems it's only available for cars made after 03/2007, as noted in this installation manual: http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/aktion/Atta...chmentId=637554

What's the way to go if I only want the bloody USB socket? The whole ACM + ACM USB adaptor seems like shooting a bird with a cannon here Dension/mObridge also seem not easy, as I don't have a CD changer and thus no cables installed in the glovebox.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!
Be very careful if you opt for the parrot system, I did and came a cropper !!....the system has to obviously have a mute loom fitted which for some reason does not mute the subs under the seats so you either have to turn of the radio manually or pay for an adaptor from BMW...does work well now though and definatly stay away from FM tuners they are useless !!!
Old 04-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Melv' post='834075' date='Apr 2 2009, 05:40 PM
Hi,

I thought I had read in this forum that there is a newer version of the iPod interface retrofit kit which now also included a USB interface, the whole thing replacing my 6 CD changer ??

I have searched high and low and cannot find it again. Can anyone enlighten me. I was so sure that I even thought I had downloaded a document relating to it for the 5 series cars.

Am I going mad !! ???

I would now like to cosider this now as although there is now an official 6FL retrofit for the USB interface, my local dealer has just quoted me ?928.00 to have the installation done !! OUCH !
Hello Mate, i got similar quotes for mine, however i finally got it done from sytner coventry, charged ?299 took them all day. Call them it might be worth getting your local dealer to do a price match.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:10 AM
Members

My Ride: 11/2007 E60 LCI 530d ///M Sport - Deep Sea Blue - M Double Sp 172 19" Mixed Wheels - Sports Automatic Transmission - Cream/Beige Dakota Leather - Dark Wood Bamboo - Full Visibility Package - Full Media Package - Heated Seats - Auto-Dim Int+Ext Folding Mirrors - M Rear Spoiler - Sun Protection Glazing - Voice Control

Originally Posted by gurcharan' post='842341' date='Apr 10 2009, 01:15 AM
Hello Mate, i got similar quotes for mine, however i finally got it done from sytner coventry, charged ?299 took them all day. Call them it might be worth getting your local dealer to do a price match.
Cheers Gurcharan.

Was the ?299 for the iPod kit or the 6FL installation??
Old 04-20-2009, 01:26 AM
jer
Members

I know its not a Gateway 500 with text on the IDrive but I was quoted ?450 fitted + the Bluetooth adapter, plus on my car dealer needs to enable mp3 gives ?500 + ..

Instead I went for IO Play fitted it cost ?147. It streams using A2DP in stereo from my phone to all car speakers, without interference via its own amp. I can use either my phone interface to control or simple forward and back from the dash mounted controller. So better suited to play lists. So far its excellent, music quality reproduction is the same as the CD changer which of course I keep unlike Dension, limitation seems to be speakers (no L7) rather than anything else. Downside was it first time the fitter had fit one to a E61 with Bus Nav and a was a devil to find space behind IDrive for the bulky connector block so most of the dash had to come out. Took a few hours (fitter says next one would be simple) and scratched the rubberised plastic around my gearslector. Other than that I can recommend Full Circle in High Wycombe who stuck to it and the price was good.

BTW I also get a decent Bluetooth phone kit that workd perfectly.

I use a Nokia N96 but an adapter is available for IPods.