E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Installed Media Interface + Media Player

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011, 06:09 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i M SPORT - 6 SPEED MANUAL

Originally Posted by Cwest
Probably the angel of the shot taken.

I need to take a look at my at that angel at night and see, but mine does seem more blueish and if you look at it straight on it's white. As you can see from the photo below.

Attachment 122245
Mine look exactly like that straight on. I guess it depends on the angle the shot is taken. White with a hint of blue as they advertise.

P.S. SEXY CAR BRO!
Old 06-15-2011, 01:18 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by stel_i79
can u post pictures? of how we going to conect the 12v outlet in our car to this convertor?

thx
You connect the Red and Black wires to the 12V power and then connect the other two wires you a matching plug for your media player. Check the polarity required by the player.

This is what I used : http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/s...94&cm_vc=av_uk
Old 06-15-2011, 03:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
You connect the Red and Black wires to the 12V power and then connect the other two wires you a matching plug for your media player. Check the polarity required by the player.

Perfect! Ordering one of these right now! Lower power consumption is always better. Thanks Bruce!
Old 06-15-2011, 04:02 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by T1000BP
Mine look exactly like that straight on. I guess it depends on the angle the shot is taken. White with a hint of blue as they advertise.

P.S. SEXY CAR BRO!
Man then how come E90's have more hint of purple.? Oh we'll I guess I'll have to find a different version of the GP thunder then. Thanks
Old 06-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

can you control the media player from idrive/steering wheel?
Old 06-15-2011, 07:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by sd_dracula
can you control the media player from idrive/steering wheel?
No you can't. It's a separate piece of equipment that connects to the media interface.
Old 06-15-2011, 07:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Cwest
Man then how come E90's have more hint of purple.? Oh we'll I guess I'll have to find a different version of the GP thunder then. Thanks
Order a set of V1s try your luck!
Old 06-16-2011, 07:50 AM
Members

So i remembered any phone charger is 5V! I went ahead and cut the wires for the phone charger and then added the power pin for the media player. Connected the phone charger to the spliced wires of the cars cig ligther and made everything nice and clean tucked it behind the glove box. Works like a charm and is more efficient.
Attached Thumbnails Installed Media Interface + Media Player-photo.jpg  
Old 06-16-2011, 01:11 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by T1000BP
So i remembered any phone charger is 5V! I went ahead and cut the wires for the phone charger and then added the power pin for the media player. Connected the phone charger to the spliced wires of the cars cig ligther and made everything nice and clean tucked it behind the glove box. Works like a charm and is more efficient.
You are actually quite lucky to get this working. It just means that your media player only draws about 500ma to max 1A. Mine drives a harddrive as well so I had to use something that was capable of over 2A at 5V.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:13 PM
Members

You are actually quite lucky to get this working. It just means that your media player only draws about 500ma to max 1A. Mine drives a harddrive as well so I had to use something that was capable of over 2A at 5V.
I'm only running a 16GB USB Flash drive. I added in a 12v power line noise suppressor to the connection to help with the "noise" from the car. You suggest something to help with alternator whine noise?

Quick Reply: Installed Media Interface + Media Player