E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by G.Sauce
cryptical -

Keep us posted! I am very interested in this too and couldn't find any pictures online showing it painted and installed. I emailed the seller of that lip on ebay about some photos... will let you know if he sends some over.

Let us know as soon as you have it installed. Can you take some pictures too please? Thanks bro!

It's either going to be this lip of the M5 style bumper..

The paint price on that lip should be around $150 and maybe up to $200 if there's some warranty work included.
+1

I'm in the same boat as you - car color and everything. I'm extremely interested on hearing your thoughts and observations and seeing what this actually looks like.

I'd like to wrap it as well. I'm also concerned about height from the ground.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:11 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535xi Purchased 2/2011Sapphire Black MetallicNatural Brown LeatherPremium, Sport & Cold Weather

Originally Posted by G.Sauce
cryptical -

Keep us posted! I am very interested in this too and couldn't find any pictures online showing it painted and installed. I emailed the seller of that lip on ebay about some photos... will let you know if he sends some over.

Let us know as soon as you have it installed. Can you take some pictures too please? Thanks bro!

It's either going to be this lip of the M5 style bumper..

The paint price on that lip should be around $150 and maybe up to $200 if there's some warranty work included.

Originally Posted by RWerksman
+1

I'm in the same boat as you - car color and everything. I'm extremely interested on hearing your thoughts and observations and seeing what this actually looks like.

I'd like to wrap it as well. I'm also concerned about height from the ground.
Gentlemen -
This is set to arrive tomorrow and the first thing I'm doing after work is driving like a m*therf*cker home, grabbing my camera and test fitting this!
I think we will be able to get a good idea of what it will look like since my car is Black Sapphire and I imagine this will be a flat black (I can always photoshop it to match as well). I did get a prime/paint price of $75 though, so that's good, but I think I may go for the wrap. I'm a little worried how different the Black Metallic wrap will look compared to the Black Sapphire paint though. Maybe I'll just by a sample piece for $7 and see.

I'm also a little concerned about height as I have an XI and plan on dropping it...I may be plowing snow a little too easily in the winter. So I may have to figure out an install method where I can remove it easily, or in the winter when I swap out wheels, I can adjust the height on the KW v3's at that point...I dunno, but after looking at the front end, it's a bit lower than I really thought and it looks like from the photo this may add a couple of inches to that. Who knows...but we'll see!
Old 04-26-2012, 12:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i mystic blue / black concept one staggered wheels 19x8.5 19x10.5

Would this lip fit prelci? Is it really a big difference
Old 04-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Members

Originally Posted by BLaCk aBi
Would this lip fit prelci? Is it really a big difference
No. I posted a link to the pre-LCI version earlier in the thread.
Old 04-26-2012, 12:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i mystic blue / black concept one staggered wheels 19x8.5 19x10.5

I seen that acs style lip
Not the same as lip posted above
Old 04-27-2012, 01:16 PM
Members

Putting it on yet? We all are waiting.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535xi Purchased 2/2011Sapphire Black MetallicNatural Brown LeatherPremium, Sport & Cold Weather

Anyone wanna buy an e60 LCI front lip? It's in the trash out in front!

Seriously though, it's a flimsy POS that just will look like a flimsy POS no matter what was done to it. It's not even worth wasting the battery on my camera or the time to upload photos. The underside is completely hollow, seams are all roughed up, ends are falling off. The only good thing about it had it worked out, is that it would've only been an inch or so lower. Kind of funny considering it would stick out 3-4" on the end of bumper in front of the tires. It came with a bag of self-tapping screws as well. Hell, I'm sure some kid would try and bend it on a Honda, I could try selling it on those forums!

I'm working on the return process right now, I gotta pay shipping but whatever...lesson learned.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Members

That sucks
Old 04-27-2012, 04:19 PM
Members

Man. Sorry to hear that.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:21 PM
Members

My Ride: 535i Sports/Premium package, Sports transmission w/ paddle shifters, Tinted tails/side markers/reflectors, Blacked out emblems
Model Year: 2008

Major bummer. Sorry to hear that.

Quick Reply: I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...