E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012, 03:44 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 535xi Purchased 2/2011Sapphire Black MetallicNatural Brown LeatherPremium, Sport & Cold Weather

So it sounds like most think this is a good idea from what I'm reading. I honestly have no problems with the look of my LCI bumper, but I figure this will add quite a lot for a little cash to it. Along with black kidney grills, this should make a nice difference. F it....what's $145 these days right? Less than my friggin' cable bill so I think I'm going to give it a shot!

I'll certainly post photos once completed! Wish me luck!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:44 AM
Members

My Ride: 535i Sports/Premium package, Sports transmission w/ paddle shifters, Tinted tails/side markers/reflectors, Blacked out emblems
Model Year: 2008

awesome! can't wait to see pics.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:59 AM
Members

Nice!!! Can't wait to see the result.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:21 AM
Members

Great! Can't wait to see what it looks like.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 535xi Purchased 2/2011Sapphire Black MetallicNatural Brown LeatherPremium, Sport & Cold Weather

Fine I guess I'll be the guinea pig, I just ordered it!

I really think this should give the base LCI bumper a nice aggressive look to it. As mentioned earlier, if it works out, maybe just some side skirts and something for the rear in the future...hell, maybe just the M5 lip spoiler might add enough along with the KW v3 drop!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 535i Sports/Premium package, Sports transmission w/ paddle shifters, Tinted tails/side markers/reflectors, Blacked out emblems
Model Year: 2008

I'd love to know how much lower your bumper will be once this lip is on. I have a very steep driveway and that's my only concern with adding something like this or lowering my car.

I recently added an M5 rear spoiler and love it. Very subtle but definitely gives the car a more sporty look.

thread subscribed!
Old 04-20-2012, 06:59 AM
Members

Just Googling, it looks like others have purchased similar products:

http://www.zhpmafia.com/forums/showt...iber-front-lip
(he notes that it's a 'Hamann Style' in the post, not the real deal -- carbon fiber version)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497371
(extensive discussion, looks to be lots of feedback - some good, some bad)
Old 04-20-2012, 07:28 AM
Members

Originally Posted by naitch
I'd love to know how much lower your bumper will be once this lip is on. I have a very steep driveway and that's my only concern with adding something like this or lowering my car.

I recently added an M5 rear spoiler and love it. Very subtle but definitely gives the car a more sporty look.

thread subscribed!
I've been thinking the same thing about height, especially after I drop it with the KW v3's...I live in an area that has a bunch of speedbumps up a private road, but they're gradual...I got a feeling it should be fine. I used to have a 2003 SAAB 9-5 Aero that had a lip on it and was about 3-4" lower up front than my 535xi and this lip really doesn't look that high compared to some of the others, but we'll see!!!

Originally Posted by RWerksman
Just Googling, it looks like others have purchased similar products:

http://www.zhpmafia....Fiber-front-lip
(he notes that it's a 'Hamann Style' in the post, not the real deal -- carbon fiber version)

http://www.e90post.c...ad.php?t=497371
(extensive discussion, looks to be lots of feedback - some good, some bad)

Hey thanks for the links! Interesting reads here, but I figure I'm a gambling man...I'll take my chances! I'll test fit myself and if it really comes down to it, hopefully I can find a shop to spray and install it for little $$$ hopefully. It seems to be a much more "simple" lip as far as design, compared to the ones on the e90 threads.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Members

Looks to be the 04-06 version: http://www.baysonr.com/04_06_BMW_E60...-bme60-acs.htm
Old 04-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Members

Originally Posted by RWerksman
Looks to be the 04-06 version: http://www.baysonr.c...u-bme60-acs.htm
Sure about that? I tend to disagree...especially since the photo on the eBay listing appears to be an LCI front...the differences look pretty clear here.

Quick Reply: I really want to get a MTech bodykit, but I'm a bit broke...