E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

i was looking into buying ac schnitzer replica wheels

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2009, 01:11 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 525i Executive
Question

i think it might be a repost, but anyway just for those who havent seen

"Think product piracy is just limited to sunglasses and iPods? Think again. Custom wheelmaker AC Schnitzer took pride this week in destroying dozens of counterfeit wheels that were seized by customs officials and vigilant customers. ?Image losses due to poor quality, and economic losses for the world-wide AC Schnitzer dealership organization amounting to millions, are only two important reasons why AC Schnitzer is taking firm action against product piracy,? the company said in a statement. The wheel copies ? which mainly come from Asia ? are converted to scrap metal for recycling"

i was looking into buying ac schnitzer replica wheels-1_may4_junk.jpg
i was looking into buying ac schnitzer replica wheels-2_may4_junk.jpg
i was looking into buying ac schnitzer replica wheels-3_may4_junk.jpg

to me, this was a mountain of gold.
but out of seriousness, where can i buy acs replica wheels?
Old 07-18-2009, 01:38 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 540i
Model Year: 2017

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...The only thing they lack is quality control.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:03 PM
Members

My Ride: BMW 545i

wow, that looks crazy. But who wants to spend 5k on wheels, well I know I don't
Old 07-18-2009, 05:15 PM
CCS
Members

My Ride: 2009 535XI

I like what theyre doing. Im not a huge fan of copies at all, companies work hard to put out the best product possible and to have some other company make a far inferior product and just slap a brand name on it is pathetic.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:30 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by CCS' post='946080' date='Jul 18 2009, 09:15 PM
I like what theyre doing. Im not a huge fan of copies at all, companies work hard to put out the best product possible and to have some other company make a far inferior product and just slap a brand name on it is pathetic.
baller

I have to say, i like copies, because i can afford them. however, with music instruments i dont like copies. I will by a fender strat over a squire any day. my strat cost about $1200 to build and a squire would cost about 150 out of the box. Wheels are different. If they work the same, look the same, ride the same, copy it. because the people you are trying to impress wont know the difference, and you shouldnt have to impress yourself.

like someone else said. imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. if you have the originals, you have to ask yourself... what makes you mad:

1. Someone copied a companies wheels because they look cool?
2. You paid WAY TOO MUCH for your wheels?
Old 07-18-2009, 06:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Damn, the roof and trunk spoliers are next. I better hide them...
Old 07-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='946089' date='Jul 18 2009, 06:30 PM
baller

I have to say, i like copies, because i can afford them. however, with music instruments i dont like copies. I will by a fender strat over a squire any day. my strat cost about $1200 to build and a squire would cost about 150 out of the box. Wheels are different. If they work the same, look the same, ride the same, copy it. because the people you are trying to impress wont know the difference, and you shouldnt have to impress yourself.

like someone else said. imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. if you have the originals, you have to ask yourself... what makes you mad:

1. Someone copied a companies wheels because they look cool?
2. You paid WAY TOO MUCH for your wheels?

no no no

youre missing the point

the point is that specific designs, ergonomics and levels of tolerance are produced in authentic wheel designs, and these come from highly educated engineers who actually are vested in the interests of your car. What they produce is the standard.

What these asian companies are doing is saying " you like that wheel? ok then ill make something that resembles it but it wont have any of the toughness of the original nor the warranty to back it up"

sure they are cheaper and they are cheaper because they dont have to recoupe any of the research and development cost, nor do they need to hire engineers to produce the wheels in the first place.

I applaud ACS for actually trying to fight back, ive been down this road in business and there is nothing more aggrivating then seeing your hard work copied and your unloyal customers buying replica parts

buy authentic, its as simple as that.
Old 07-18-2009, 08:03 PM
Senior Members

Having tried OEM "replica" wheels IMO there is a huge difference between a quality wheel and a cheap knock off. Cheap wheels are usually heavy, may bend, get out of round or in some cases just crack into pieces.

Wheels are a vital part of a BMW performing as it should.
Old 07-18-2009, 10:37 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 525i Executive

so... does anyone know where to get acs replica wheels? lol
Old 07-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Senior Members

just say no to replica wheels

Quick Reply: i was looking into buying ac schnitzer replica wheels