E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HELP! plzz

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 10:44 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='Sep 5 2005, 01:19 PM
It looks like it might work but nobody has done it yet. Its intresting to know if the piece would fit.

So we have
1) steering wheel(triangel airbag) (without thumpads) (without inserts)
2) sport steering wheel (triangel airbag) (thikker) (without thumpads) with grey or ruthium inserts
3) super sport steering wheel with grey or ruthium insert (thikker) (without thum pads) (round air? bag)
4) Mtechnic wheel (with thum pads) (super thik) without inserts round airbag
4a) possibel retrofit with inserts
5) M5 wheels with thum pads and bi color (without inserts) (round airbag) (super thik)
5a) M5 wheels (with thum pads) and bi color and possibel retrofit with inserts (round airbag) (super thik)
[snapback]167116[/snapback]
Exactly those inserts (as shown in the pic) i want to put on my steering wheel!
Those marked with red and notice that where green is, below should be the little deep space for the M badge, and i have on mine. But this wheel hasn't and i wonder if i have to change the plastic space from my wheel with this one, because the M badge just glued there won't have the same apeeal as the one i currently have, wich looks better.
Got the drift?

I will point the plastic thingie u have to buy along with the inserts!

So the question is! Can i change ONLY the inserts not the centre plastic with the M badge too?
Attached Thumbnails HELP! plzz-post_237_1125938493_thumb.jpg   HELP! plzz-sport_steering_wheel_2_.jpg  
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
M_Sport_Steering_Wheel_1_.bmp (960.1 KB, 61 views)
Old 09-05-2005, 05:36 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

The only answer I can give you now, since you have all the part numbers, etc. is to have the dealer order the part with the ruthenium inserts then see if you can do some surgery to remove the ruthenium parts and move them to your existing part. It might be an easy snap off, snap on type of thing, or it might be something that needs some cutting and glueing. You'll never know until you can see the part for yourself. (I suppose you could remove the part you have and look at the reverse side of it but since it's all black, it might be one molded piece of plastic. The ruthenium one might have something in addition to the plastic that can be removed...)
Old 09-05-2005, 09:41 PM
Senior Members

Hi,
I have the normal steering wheel. Can I change this also to ALU view or wood ? and what are the partnumbers ?
Old 04-10-2006, 04:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

BetterMakeWay.. im planing of changing the other way round...i want to change the silver parts of my sports steering and put in the black m decorative strips...i was woundering,,have you been successfull in the change...do the clips on both steering fit on each other....
Old 04-10-2006, 04:47 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by madoon' post='267110' date='Apr 10 2006, 03:16 PM
BetterMakeWay.. im planing of changing the other way round...i want to change the silver parts of my sports steering and put in the black m decorative strips...i was woundering,,have you been successfull in the change...do the clips on both steering fit on each other....
Nop, sorry mate, i abandoned it. Too much fuss for it. If i think of it, it might not even look good and in concordance with my alu cube interior. I just kept the black ones.
Cheers.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:19 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' post='267115' date='Apr 10 2006, 01:47 PM
Nop, sorry mate, i abandoned it. Too much fuss for it. If i think of it, it might not even look good and in concordance with my alu cube interior. I just kept the black ones.
Cheers.
Well if nothing else... I just realised that I have the sports steering wheel, with ruthanium inserts... cool

I thought that I just had the standard wheel....
Old 04-10-2006, 05:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i : Alpine White, Steptronic, Black Interior with Amethyst Leather & Popular Grain Brown, 17" 122-Style Rims, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Headlights, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Advanced A/C, Sports Steering Wheel, Electrically Adjustable Steering Column, Extended Lighting Package, PDC, Sliding Armrest, Bus Navi, Hi-Fi Sound System (MP3 DVDs), CD Changer, Rear Sunshades.. MODS:M-tech front bumper, Painted Grill, Installed Aux-In, Garage Door Opener (Overhead Compartement), ///M Steering wheel, Wood hand brake trim, Wood gear-shift lever. 35% Tint all around.. Got, ACS Roof Spoiler, but not installed..

you have aluminum trim, i think it will end up nicc...ill check the dealer in a few days if the part is available...if not ill have to order it...my car is going to the dealer at the end of the month for aux install...ill make them install it then...ill keep you updated when i install it...
Old 04-25-2006, 07:02 AM
Senior Members

hey...i have just changed my steering wheel stripss....they look much better now...
HELP! plzz-dsc00253.jpg
Old 04-25-2006, 07:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

this year I plan to change the whole wheel and all other parts of the car
Old 11-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i Build date 11/2005 options include: cold weather package/ convenience package/premium sound package/ sport package/sunshades/Navigation/ V3 cradle/ OE 166 wheels/M-tech upgrade/M rear spoiler/ racemesh m-tech grill/racemesh kidney grills/M5 mirrors/M5 steering wheel/ HID fog light conversion/ M5 SMG paddles

Originally Posted by madoon' post='273905' date='Apr 25 2006, 07:02 AM
hey...i have just changed my steering wheel stripss....they look much better now...
Attachment 18199
is that ///M badge stick on? That wheel looks like the Sport Wheel - not the ///M sport. The M sport has thumb rests and should also have the tri-colored stitching...

Quick Reply: HELP! plzz