E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

HELP! plzz

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Sep 5 2005, 10:42 AM
Here's what I'm able to figure out...

It seems that the dealer part numbers are correct for what you're looking for.? As you can see from the parts diagrams below, the "middle plastic piece" you're referring to is connected to the "v-shaped thingies" that you are talking about so you end up buying one part that has both.? The M badge looks like it's just an adhesive backed emblem that you can stick on the other part.

Check out part number 4 in this diagram:
Attachment 10187

Check out part number 11 in this one:
Attachment 10188

Both are "sport steering wheels" -- the other wheel photo that was posted is not a sport wheel.
[snapback]167074[/snapback]
I'll take a pic to show what i want!
Old 09-05-2005, 08:26 AM
Senior Members

the M logo is not a stick on. There is a deeper spot for it on the middle piece and the M logo fits that deeper spot.

So you have
normal wheel
sport wheel
M technic wheel with is basiscly the same as M5 but without the 3 color stitching and padles.
M5 wheel : c above.

I dont think the pieces fit or are compatible. Otherwise i dont c why bmw would not make a alu cube piece V shape for the
Mtechnic steering wheel. If the pieces where compatible i am sure that piece would be availeble by now.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:27 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by ats77' date='Sep 5 2005, 11:53 AM
[quote name='Rudy' date='Sep 5 2005, 04:44 PM'][quote name='ats77' date='Sep 5 2005, 11:44 AM']bacuase pmmeke is right guys!
[snapback]167075[/snapback]
I don't believe he is, in this case...
[snapback]167076[/snapback]
[/quote]

I guess in the States it is different then here.
[snapback]167078[/snapback]
[/quote]
Not sure if it is different with regard to the steering wheel. Here's a pic of cidair's M5 wheel. It's similar to the sport wheel that I described earlier (the wheel that BetterMakeWay has.)

HELP! plzz-interior1.jpg

The way I understand what BetterMakeWay is saying, he has this wheel (without the SMG paddles, I assume) and want to change the black slats on either side of the M badge to ruthenium like on the 545. If that's correct, then the parts diagrams I posted earlier are correct...
Old 09-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Senior Members

Also in 1 year on different boards i never seen a round shape airbag with ruthium insert fitting the M or M5 steering wheel.
Show me this picture. It doenst exist i think.

Sport wheel is triangle airbag. Mtechnic and M5 is round airbag.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:33 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by pmmeke' date='Sep 5 2005, 12:26 PM
the M logo is not a stick on. There is a deeper spot for it on the middle piece and the M logo fits that deeper spot.
[snapback]167086[/snapback]
I realize that what BetterMakeWay wants to do may not end up being "factory" in terms of looks. If the M badge is a stick on type badge, it'll still stick to the part with the ruthenium sides, it just won't be recessed....
Old 09-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' date='Sep 5 2005, 06:33 PM
[quote name='pmmeke' date='Sep 5 2005, 12:26 PM']the M logo is not a stick on. There is a deeper spot for it on the middle piece and the M logo fits that deeper spot.
[snapback]167086[/snapback]
I realize that what BetterMakeWay wants to do may not end up being "factory" in terms of looks. If the M badge is a stick on type badge, it'll still stick to the part with the ruthenium sides, it just won't be recessed....
[snapback]167092[/snapback]
[/quote]

Indeed its a detail, a small thing but it would bug me.
Old 09-05-2005, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

It would bug me a little too but as long as it's straight and centered, it'll probably look okay.

I just realized that this thread doesn't have a pic of the sport wheel with the ruthenium inserts. Here's a pic from Iceman's gallery:

HELP! plzz-gallery_344_2_1097168205.jpg

Note that there are also ruthenium inserts below the switches. BetterMakeWay, are you trying to change those too? (edit: nevermind, I see that they are the same piece...)
Old 09-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d Eccelsa, 05 2005 (built 12-04), sapphireblack, beige dakota leather, electric seats, poplar wood trim, sport suspension, 124 style 18" alloys, differentiated f/r runflat tyres, steptronic, adaptive light control, bi-xenon, BMW PRO nav, cd, cd changer, electric-foldable and automatic antidazzle rear mirrors, automatic antidazzle internal rear mirror, adjustable central armrest, BT, Hifi Professional LOGIC7 , extended functions aircon, full lighting package, green comfort fascia on windshield, PDC park distance control, voice control, CPT9000 car phone, BMW Assist, BMW On-line, BMW Tracking, alarm system, programmable remote controls.

Originally Posted by BetterMakeWay' date='Sep 5 2005, 04:21 PM
[quote name='pmmeke' date='Sep 5 2005, 09:59 AM'][quote name='BetterMakeWay' date='Sep 5 2005, 04:41 PM']Hey, i want to swap the plastic V-shaped thingies from the 3 spoke M steering wheel. In my 535d it came in plastic and i know in a 545i it comes in metal or smth (ruthenium i guess) and i want the 545i ones because it looks way better!

Now the dealer told me the part number is:

32 34 6 763 377 for the ruthenium ornaments

and

36 11 2 228 660 for the M badge on the wheel

and now comes the problem

u see i want the V shaped ornaments for my M steering wheel and i don't understand why the middle pice of plastic (the one where the M badge sits) has to be changed...so i have to order the M badge also?

and please tell me if the part number for the ornament is correct!

PS: I have the M sport steering wheel!
[snapback]167047[/snapback]
Im not sure but i think the sport wheel with plastic or ruthium insert is not the same as the M5 sport steering wheel. I think the pieces are not compatibel.

This is the M5 wheel or Mtech wheel

[snapback]167054[/snapback]
[/quote]
I have exactly that kind of steering wheel! The one from the M pack!
AND I NOW see there is a difference between the Sport steering wheel and the M one! WOW didn't see the differences till i looked closer!

So there is no way i can mount the Ruthenium inserts from the 545i sport steering wheel on my M st wheel?

PS: there are 3 kind of steering wheels: standard, sport, and M.
So the ruthenium inserts come in the SPORT steering wheel only for the 545i, and i'd like them on my M wheel? is it possible?
[snapback]167063[/snapback]
[/quote]

In Europe you can get as an option a Sport steering wheel that is NOT the same wheel of the M-tec package; it is basically the same design but without the two small bulges in the two-ten position and it HAS ruthenian inserts. The steering wheel showed in the picture is just a 545i standard steering wheel, NOT A SPORT ONE.

I guess you can get the same wheels in USA, too.
Old 09-05-2005, 10:14 AM
Senior Members

Old 09-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Senior Members

It looks like it might work but nobody has done it yet. Its intresting to know if the piece would fit.

So we have
1) steering wheel(triangel airbag) (without thumpads) (without inserts)
2) sport steering wheel (triangel airbag) (thikker) (without thumpads) with grey or ruthium inserts
3) super sport steering wheel with grey or ruthium insert (thikker) (without thum pads) (round air bag)
4) Mtechnic wheel (with thum pads) (super thik) without inserts round airbag
4a) possibel retrofit with inserts
5) M5 wheels with thum pads and bi color (without inserts) (round airbag) (super thik)
5a) M5 wheels (with thum pads) and bi color and possibel retrofit with inserts (round airbag) (super thik)

Quick Reply: HELP! plzz