E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!
View Poll Results: Which option do you think would look best..?
MIxed, Dash in Brushed alum/steel. Center console in Carbon fiber.
5.88%
Use only brushed aluminum or steel vinyl. Do not mix.
58.82%
Keep it to Di Noc Carbon fiber of a lighter color.
23.53%
Leave it as is..
11.76%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide between Di-noc/CF and Brushed Alum. for interior..

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 03:02 AM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by 1Animal1
I did my interior with the 3M Di-Noc carbon, lasted 3-4 months then I ripped it all off as the heat from the vents started making edges come up and certain parts started to blister.... I'd be interested to hear if yours does this?

Wasn't sure if i'd cut the folded lip too short or whether its just a charachteristic of the wrap material

Tim
I've had my Di-Noc on for over a year and it's still perfect. I did have to re-do to pieces after a month. First was the long piece near the start button. There is an area there that you need to make sure you properly heat it, otherwise, you could have too much stress and then it cold release like mine did. Cleaning with the correct solution before wrapping is obviously important. Armor-all interior shines can be deadly! Even if you have never applied this, it doesn't mean the dealer or perhaps the previous owner. Next important thing I learned was to actually wrap the film all the way around the backside. I wanted to edge trim, and IMO this can lessen the adhesion strength in this area. So in the end, I am very please with the results. I have the black, and might seek out a new color soon.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

i'd like to wrap the top half of my non sport wheel (with the diamond airbag) around the buttons but i cant seem to find any info on this.
There is a ton of info on the bottom half trim on the wheel but not the top half.
from my understanding the wheel needs to be taken off..which might not be worth it at that point.
hopefully someone can chime in here and help me out.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

Here you go, let me know if you have any other questions about taking it off.

https://5series.net/forums/diy-do-yo...ort-one-70023/
Old 02-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 525i 6MT

Originally Posted by ETNav382
Here you go, let me know if you have any other questions about taking it off.

https://5series.net/forums/diy-do-yo...ort-one-70023/
oh wow, thank you! why couldnt i find this.. ive seen the thread before to, hahaha.

Anyways, so its as simple as taking those 4 silver torx (Detailed in Red) out and detaching the harness for the buttons and lifting out the base plate to remove all steering wheel trim?
Attached Thumbnails Help me decide between Di-noc/CF and Brushed Alum. for interior..-dsc00598.jpg  
Old 02-02-2013, 10:49 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 06 550i
Model Year: 06

I believe so, yes. I've only taken the non-sport wheel off once but I followed that guide
Old 02-04-2013, 02:35 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D Tourer - Pre LCI

Originally Posted by tonyb635
I've had my Di-Noc on for over a year and it's still perfect. I did have to re-do to pieces after a month. First was the long piece near the start button. There is an area there that you need to make sure you properly heat it, otherwise, you could have too much stress and then it cold release like mine did. Cleaning with the correct solution before wrapping is obviously important. Armor-all interior shines can be deadly! Even if you have never applied this, it doesn't mean the dealer or perhaps the previous owner. Next important thing I learned was to actually wrap the film all the way around the backside. I wanted to edge trim, and IMO this can lessen the adhesion strength in this area. So in the end, I am very please with the results. I have the black, and might seek out a new color soon.
Thanks Tony... I think I'm gonna bite the bullet for the first mod of 2013... reapplication of some wrappage... albeit the same as the OP's choice, the carbon did look crap