E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Help with fitting CCC in E60

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 01:43 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Tony thanks for all the info so far and to everyone else who had replied its been great help

My car just has the standard Mask unit aswel
I tried a trial fit on the unit the other day without any coding the controller didnt move in the menus but selection when pressing down and directions up down left right worked but not the spinning to go through the menus

If its a simple thing to code the controller to high that will make things a alot easier for me

Il pm you my email add for the cable diagrams

what year is your bmw?

Does the voice guidance come
From the speakers?
Old 12-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Members

Originally Posted by BallyM5
Thanks for the that buddy a lot more helpfull

I got the larger screen
CCC nav unit
The double hole face panel

I need gps antenna
and may be high controller if I can't code mine to work
And fan harness

Is any of the mics that are shown needed at all
Hello, does anyone have the part number for the GPS antenna by any chance, thanks!
Old 12-07-2011, 08:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Originally Posted by jtyme
Hello, does anyone have the part number for the GPS antenna by any chance, thanks!
The original GPS antenna is going to be connected through the sharkfin. Its a blue connector hanging in the CCC space, if its there. Otherwise, the gps antenna just connects to the TCU unit in the back. You can reroute everything (search for directions).

It is much much easier to get an aftermarket antenna. Works perfectly. I sold one sometime back, so look it up if you want to get an idea of what it looks like.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2012 535i M-Sport

In case you decide to try your old controller (preferred!) go into your CAPPL module and look for ZBE. You'll want to change it from high to low or low_with_slopes - some CCC's won't respond to just 'low'
Old 07-20-2012, 07:59 AM
New Members

Originally Posted by tonyb635
When I changed from MASK to CCC it was really a plug and play... For the most part everything worked without any coding. The only thing that didn't work was my SAT radio and ipod connection. The nav setup camme from Germany and perhaps I was lucky and recieved a unit that was similar to my car setup. After coding the $609 the unit got even better. There was not any special coding for the controller in my case either but I have heard that some need it. Voice guidance works great. I cannot use the voice commands. This will be a future project to see if this can be brought back into action. So in my case Bluetooth for the phone and my voice input doesn't work.. I can live with this! Fan cable is simple. PM me for instructions.
hi iam new to the site, and i would like to do a nav/sat retrofit in my 2004 545i,
i have the MASK radio, you said yours was like plug and play,
i hear and have seen on line that some of the wires from the MASK radio dont match with the CCC
What do i have to do or buy to make it fit, work,
thank you very much
Old 07-20-2012, 05:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

Originally Posted by Seanaabrown
hi iam new to the site, and i would like to do a nav/sat retrofit in my 2004 545i,
i have the MASK radio, you said yours was like plug and play,
i hear and have seen on line that some of the wires from the MASK radio dont match with the CCC
What do i have to do or buy to make it fit, work,
thank you very much
Just like my post that you copied, my install was simple. You will need a fan wire harness. And the ac trim panel and the panel that is below it. Or at least this is how it is on the LCI version. Most likely you won't know what your getting in the CCC until you install it. I think i was pretty lucky so didn't need immediate coding. A good friend help with that a few weeks later. The fan harness is not available in the USA, maybe Canada? Not sure. It is available in Europe though.