E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Help with fitting CCC in E60

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Members
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Hi guys I brought a CCC unit and the large screen I take it fitting is straight forward

What do I need to do make the unit work with my car

I haven't fitted it yet I have the bracket that holds the CCC in place and front panel with double slot is there anything else I need

Thanks
Old 11-18-2011, 06:34 AM
Members
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW 530D M-Sport, Steptronic, Grey Metallic, Retrofits: Sport Comfort Black Leather, M-Sport Alu Cube Dash Trim, Shadow Line Trim, CCC Pro Nav, Full M5 Conversion, M5 Mirrors, Quad M5, 20" M5 Gloss Black wheels, AC High Panel, Internal Boot Release, Mods: Xenons, Carbon Fibre Roof, Dension 500, Drilled & Grooved Discs,

Must be some people around who have carried this out ?

Any one
Old 11-18-2011, 08:08 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: ///M5 BEAST
Model Year: 2006

hey there, do a detailed search on the forum....there is tons of information on this mod out there. i performed this mod then subsequently took it to the next level and installed the CIC full system....all via information found on this very forum...
Old 11-18-2011, 08:58 AM
Members
Senior Members

Looked around mate find more info on cic than CCC on here and the net thanks for the reply tho
Old 11-18-2011, 09:17 AM
Senior Members

much of the same information carries over...

you will need:
  • CCC Navigation Screen
  • CCC Nav main unit
  • Correct GPS antennae (i found mine on ebay)
  • CCC Fan cable/harness...this one was hard as hell to figure out....some members made one themselves
  • CCC HI iDrive controller - with some coding you may be able to use your old pre-existing "LOW" idrive controller
  • Coding...i would get a software update at the dealer before starting then head over to bmwcoding.com for a tutorial on how to code and find a thread on the CCC retrofit, there it will tell you what to change and how to change it
dont fret, the community is here to help, the information is out here for you to find. i hope this helps...
Old 11-18-2011, 10:49 AM
Members
Senior Members

Thanks for the that buddy a lot more helpfull

I got the larger screen
CCC nav unit
The double hole face panel

I need gps antenna
and may be high controller if I can't code mine to work
And fan harness

Is any of the mics that are shown needed at all
Old 11-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Senior Members

when i did my install the voice activation was never of any interest to me so i didnt even bother to research that portion of it...im sorry i cant help with that stuff...

also, dont underestimate the coding aspect of things...once you buy all this stuff it wont work automatically. matter of fact, your car wont even know its there. you will have to program the car to know that its now equipped with navigation and then program your car to talk with the new nav unit. sounds tricky (and it can be) but i dont want to scare you off. i learned how to do it and i was a novice (still am very much so).

in order to do the coding you will need a cable....read up on things over at bmwcoding.com for more information. look at the how-to-code threads....its a good start.
Old 11-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Members
Senior Members

Thanks for all the help so far mate

I got the cable and Ncs software done few bits of coding before but nothing too major

I know I will need to add a certain code to the vehicle order

Any idea how long the coding will Take
Old 11-18-2011, 03:07 PM
Members
Senior Members

does the ccc give voice directions if so are these from the car speakers or i need something seperate for the ccc

as i dont know what the mic is for or voice function
Old 11-18-2011, 06:37 PM
Senior Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 535i LCI with sports/premium package, Sports trans with paddle shifters, CF emblems, JB4 Software, Dinan Exhaust, Navigation, M5Tech body kit, Carbon wrap interrior trim and CIC Controller.

When I changed from MASK to CCC it was really a plug and play... For the most part everything worked without any coding. The only thing that didn't work was my SAT radio and ipod connection. The nav setup camme from Germany and perhaps I was lucky and recieved a unit that was similar to my car setup. After coding the $609 the unit got even better. There was not any special coding for the controller in my case either but I have heard that some need it. Voice guidance works great. I cannot use the voice commands. This will be a future project to see if this can be brought back into action. So in my case Bluetooth for the phone and my voice input doesn't work.. I can live with this! Fan cable is simple. PM me for instructions.

Quick Reply: Help with fitting CCC in E60