E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Great Speaker Upgrade To Our 550i - Thanks BSW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 04:52 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fugs' post='772995' date='Jan 20 2009, 08:49 PM
Looks to me like a lot of people have all ready stated their interest in a group buy...

I say go put one up in the group buys section.

I vote for 25% off for 10. Maybe we can get that many

30% for 15 works too

and 50% for 20 (I really like this one)

The only thing stopping me from purchasing is the fact i would have to install it myself... i dont live in savnnah anymore... what was once a 4 hour drive is now 9 hours. i could prob do it myself but i am afraid of bmw electronics
Old 01-20-2009, 04:54 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='772996' date='Jan 20 2009, 05:52 PM
The only thing stopping me from purchasing is the fact i would have to install it myself... i dont live in savnnah anymore... what was once a 4 hour drive is now 9 hours. i could prob do it myself but i am afraid of bmw electronics
I'm an idiot, I wouldn't do it myself either. I'll just take it to a shop. I need to install my V1 as well. I'll kill two birds with one stone...
Old 01-20-2009, 04:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='772996' date='Jan 20 2009, 08:52 PM
if you're comfortable with disassembling a car interior, this is no worse. if you're scared of the electronics, just disconnect the battery before you do the front doors.

9 hours from tampa to atlanta? my record from Miami to ATL is 8 hours. and I didn't have BMW at the time either.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:02 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 545felix' post='773000' date='Jan 20 2009, 08:58 PM
if you're comfortable with disassembling a car interior, this is no worse. if you're scared of the electronics, just disconnect the battery before you do the front doors.

9 hours from tampa to atlanta? my record from Miami to ATL is 8 hours. and I didn't have BMW at the time either.
i just added the 4 hours from SAV to ATL with the 5 hours from TPA to SAV. i am one speeding ticket away from taking the bus. i have one sitting in my center console that requires a mandatory court appearance. i usually just pay the fines. i am actually hiring a lawyer to appear for me... this ticket could ruin me... anyway, my point is, ford focus or twin turbo BMW, i am takin' my time
Old 01-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 05 545/6

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='773006' date='Jan 20 2009, 09:02 PM
i just added the 4 hours from SAV to ATL with the 5 hours from TPA to SAV. i am one speeding ticket away from taking the bus. i have one sitting in my center console that requires a mandatory court appearance. i usually just pay the fines. i am actually hiring a lawyer to appear for me... this ticket could ruin me... anyway, my point is, ford focus or twin turbo BMW, i am takin' my time
you can just shoot up 75, no need to shoot by savannah first...unless you really want to swing by there. you're probably 6-7 hours out from atlanta direct, even at legal speeds. I installed the speakers in less than an hour, but in all fairness I have removed the door panels once already, so I knew what I was getting into.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Contributors

i should prob check on my rental property in savannah that has been vacant for 3+ months...

i will consider doing this install
Old 01-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Welcome to the forum Halston and glad you finally joined in on the posting Brian.

Halston, you can just click on the Donate link at the upper right of this page to make your contribution (or go here: http://www.e60.net/donate/). There are no differences in requirements between regular members and vendors regarding contribution as this board doesn't count on "sponsors" to keep running. Most members here contribute simply to express their appreciation for all the great info and friends they've met on this forum. There's also no minimum or maximum so it's all up to the goodness of your own heart.

I'm interested in the group buy for a Logic7 system. I do have a couple of questions:

1) How will this system be affected if I choose to add a different aftermarket subwoofer?
2) How will this system be affected if I choose to add a different aftermarket amplifer, upgraded with more power?

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2009, 03:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 BMW 330ci cab - Jet Black - Black Leather - Premium Pkg - Sport Pkg - Auto - Heated Seats - Navigation - Xenon - Premium Sound - iPod - Bluetooth

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='773033' date='Jan 20 2009, 09:27 PM
I'm interested in the group buy for a Logic7 system. I do have a couple of questions:

1) How will this system be affected if I choose to add a different aftermarket subwoofer?
2) How will this system be affected if I choose to add a different aftermarket amplifer, upgraded with more power?

Thanks!
I agree that Experimental must have gotten free installation or something for posting the same glowing review on several boards. I can only hope that it is an honest review.

With that being said, I can assure you I did not get any deal in exchange for agreeing to post on the boards. I ordered my Stage 1 Logic 7 upgrade yesterday. I did get $50 off and the tool kit for being a Bimmerfest forum member. Be careful if you order from their web site, I started down that road and the total price did not include the $110 increase for having Logic 7 (I think 3 more speakers). I brought this to Halsted's attention and I honestly thought he should have sold me the package for their web site price, but he did not. Heck, it even took him another day to call me back to take my order. Must be this economy is not hurting BSW.

So, when I install the kit I will post an honest review. Please remember though, that one's review is subjective to what type of sound they like. And, I have only driven my car five times since purchasing it the end of Dec. But, five times is enough to know the Premium Sound system is not Premium.

I really hope Halsten comes through with a Group Buy for e60.net members. I think at one time he was offering 10% off on Bimmerfest. If it's a great Group Buy, I will be bummed to be left out, as I think I am one of the few to have purchased this package to date.

I am a little nervous about installing it myself, but since I had the back seat out of my 2006 330cic to install a DICE iPod adapter, and my radio out of my 2004 330cic to install a Dension iPod adapter, I am willing to give it a try.

Stay tuned. I don't even know when the Stage 1 is coming.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:32 AM
Members

Originally Posted by EuroCarFan' post='773033
I agree that Experimental must have gotten free installation or something for posting the same glowing review on several boards. I can only hope that it is an honest review.

With that being said, I can assure you I did not get any deal in exchange for agreeing to post on the boards. I ordered my Stage 1 Logic 7 upgrade yesterday. I did get $50 off and the tool kit for being a Bimmerfest forum member. Be careful if you order from their web site, I started down that road and the total price did not include the $110 increase for having Logic 7 (I think 3 more speakers). I brought this to Halsted's attention and I honestly thought he should have sold me the package for their web site price, but he did not. Heck, it even took him another day to call me back to take my order. Must be this economy is not hurting BSW.

So, when I install the kit I will post an honest review. Please remember though, that one's review is subjective to what type of sound they like. And, I have only driven my car five times since purchasing it the end of Dec. But, five times is enough to know the Premium Sound system is not Premium.

I really hope Halsten comes through with a Group Buy for e60.net members. I think at one time he was offering 10% off on Bimmerfest. If it's a great Group Buy, I will be bummed to be left out, as I think I am one of the few to have purchased this package to date.

I am a little nervous about installing it myself, but since I had the back seat out of my 2006 330cic to install a DICE iPod adapter, and my radio out of my 2004 330cic to install a Dension iPod adapter, I am willing to give it a try.

Stay tuned. I don't even know when the Stage 1 is coming.
Thanks for the order yesterday. As I mentioned in email unfortunately I was the only person in the office when you originally emailed. My salesman was out sick so the phones/emails/chat that go on in a single day are normally covered by 2 people. I was covering it by myself. Didn't even get to get my Chipotle burrito for lunch until 3:30

On the group buy front. I am going to post something up. I can assure you, up front, if the group buy goes through and it is 20%. I most definitely will refund the difference. You won't be 'left out' because you decided to order first I will even count you as a 'buyer' for the group buy so we have 1 down. 2 including Felix who already bought with the black friday deal. I can say that we have already shipped 15-20 of these since it was released at the end of 2008. Most customers are not on forums so we don't always see reviews.

Orders normally ship in 24-48 hours. That all depends on how many orders from the day and what all was ordered. We will get it out. With the free ground shipping it is 2-3 days ground once it leaves here.

On the website issue, it has been fixed. The website had the text(+110 for Logic7) as it was supposed to. When you chose that and added it to your cart it was not programmed properly to actually ad in the 100 dollars. It was a programming error that we fixed after we hung up on the phone when we placed your order. As we discussed via email, shipping would have caught the issue and would have called to either bill more or cancel the order. Thank you for pointing it out though.
Old 01-21-2009, 05:38 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Thanks for the reply Halston.

A friend of mine noted that some 2008 LCI cars have a different system; something called DIRAC that BSW currently has no upgrades for. Is that true?

Quick Reply: Great Speaker Upgrade To Our 550i - Thanks BSW!