E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Great Speaker Upgrade To Our 550i - Thanks BSW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 10:05 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i

When we purchased our 2008 550i, the Logic 7 sound system that came with the car was better than other cars in the same class. But it wasn?t awesome. Having experienced BSW?s impressive products in the past, I knew it was time to call on them for help. Of course, they had a perfect solution.

I was initially concerned that doing just a speaker upgrade would not yield significant improvements. In fact, I was concerned that we would have to install an amplifier to see an improvement in the sound quality at all. BSW advised us to go the Stage 1 route with merely a speaker upgrade. I have to say, they were right!

No matter what source the audio is coming from, whether it be an MP3 player, CD, Satellite radio, HD radio, or FM/AM radio stations, the sound quality is phenomenal. All of the sound coming from the mid and high speakers is more crisp and tight than before. The BSW speaker response is much improved over the stock speakers. And one of the best attributes of this upgrade is that no one knows it?s there unless I tell them.

If you have doubts over whether this speaker upgrade is worthwhile, then you should hear it. It sells itself. Having worked at a home theater store for several years, I've heard many high-end sound systems. I wouldn?t recommend this upgrade to anyone unless I was very impressed by it.

- Brian
Old 01-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Experimental' post='771626' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:05 PM
When we purchased our 2008 550i, the Logic 7 sound system that came with the car was better than other cars in the same class. But it wasn?t awesome. Having experienced BSW?s impressive products in the past, I knew it was time to call on them for help. Of course, they had a perfect solution.

I was initially concerned that doing just a speaker upgrade would not yield significant improvements. In fact, I was concerned that we would have to install an amplifier to see an improvement in the sound quality at all. BSW advised us to go the Stage 1 route with merely a speaker upgrade. I have to say, they were right!

No matter what source the audio is coming from, whether it be an MP3 player, CD, Satellite radio, HD radio, or FM/AM radio stations, the sound quality is phenomenal. All of the sound coming from the mid and high speakers is more crisp and tight than before. The BSW speaker response is much improved over the stock speakers. And one of the best attributes of this upgrade is that no one knows it?s there unless I tell them.

If you have doubts over whether this speaker upgrade is worthwhile, then you should hear it. It sells itself. Having worked at a home theater store for several years, I've heard many high-end sound systems. I wouldn?t recommend this upgrade to anyone unless I was very impressed by it.

- Brian
Is something like this availible for non logic 7 setups? If you think your logic 7 needed an upgrade you should hear the peice doo doo that i have to listen to... and i traded in my 99 maxima towards the 535 and it had over $1000 of alpine stereo equipment in it. what a change for the worst. the only reason i didnt get the logic seven was because of the 14K below sticker i paid for an 08 demo.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Experimental' post='771626' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:05 PM

- Brian

Thank you for the review, Brian of BSW sound. I hope your sales are great for 2009.

(Yes, viral marketing is quite obvious)
Old 01-19-2009, 10:19 AM
Members

Where did you purchase them and how much were they? Did you do just the fronts or rears too?
Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='771628' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:11 PM
Is something like this availible for non logic 7 setups? If you think your logic 7 needed an upgrade you should hear the peice doo doo that i have to listen to... and i traded in my 99 maxima towards the 535 and it had over $1000 of alpine stereo equipment in it. what a change for the worst. the only reason i didnt get the logic seven was because of the 14K below sticker i paid for an 08 demo.
BSW does have an upgrade for non-Logic 7 systems. Check out their website at bavsound.com for more info.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Steveadp' post='771635' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:19 PM
Where did you purchase them and how much were they? Did you do just the fronts or rears too?

You can find their stuff at www.bavariansoundwerks.com. I kinda dislike misleading posts, but at the same time I sympathize because the economy sucks. Having said that, I do plan to get a BSW system this Summer. So Brian, do me a favor and remember my handle so when I buy I can get that nice 20% discount, k? <3

Better yet, why not arrange a special discount for E60.net members?
Old 01-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Contributors

I would be in for a group buy on BSW speakers.

Ive heard them before and it was very impressive at Stage 1.

Group Buy FTW
Old 01-19-2009, 10:29 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Steveadp' post='771635' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:19 PM
I purchased them from BSW (Bavarian Soundwerks). The Stage 1 runs $590 and takes care of all of the speakers inside of the vehicle except for the ones under the front seats.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Experimental' post='771645' date='Jan 19 2009, 11:29 AM
I purchased them from BSW (Bavarian Soundwerks). The Stage 1 runs $590 and takes care of all of the speakers inside of the vehicle except for the ones under the front seats.
It looks good but honestly without some type of discount, you wont get anyone to even look at their wallets.

$600 for speakers I understand, Im an audiophile but discount is discount and the markup in audio is huge.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:35 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='771638' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:21 PM
You can find their stuff at www.bavariansoundwerks.com. I kinda dislike misleading posts, but at the same time I sympathize because the economy sucks. Having said that, I do plan to get a BSW system this Summer. So Brian, do me a favor and remember my handle so when I buy I can get that nice 20% discount, k? <3

Better yet, why not arrange a special discount for E60.net members?
I would love to be able to arrange a group buy, but 1) I'm not a supporting vendor here and 2) I don't work for BSW.

Glad to hear you're interested in getting a BSW system though. I think you'll be very happy with it.

Quick Reply: Great Speaker Upgrade To Our 550i - Thanks BSW!