E60, E61 Parts, Accessories and Mods Discussion about both stock and aftermarket parts for the E60. Accessories and modifications too!

Great Speaker Upgrade To Our 550i - Thanks BSW!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense and not to troll, but how pretentious was this review? When 'we' purchased our 2008 550i's? As if there was something magically unique to that particular year/model's Logic7 system. I'm sorry but a 50k/70k car is not something so special to bask in the glorious comradery to the point where you speak in the third person on behalf of a group.

It was like watching a Bose commercial - who cares if I can afford it, I don't want to join this group of product owners - stale and generic.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:26 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E61 CarbonBlack 535d, Ventilated and Heated Comfort Seats with Massage in Black Nasca Leather, Dark Poplar Wood, Professional Navi, Folding Rear Seats, Load Through, Advanced Remote, PDC, Bluetooth, Dimming and folding Mirrors, Bi-Xenons, Hi-Fi, Tinted

Can someone please post a link and real-life experience other then promo? Thanks!
Old 01-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by iCharles' post='771756' date='Jan 19 2009, 04:22 PM
No offense and not to troll, but how pretentious was this review? When 'we' purchased our 2008 550i's? As if there was something magically unique to that particular year/model's Logic7 system. I'm sorry but a 50k/70k car is not something so special to bask in the glorious comradery to the point where you speak in the third person on behalf of a group.

It was like watching a Bose commercial - who cares if I can afford it, I don't want to join this group of product owners - stale and generic.

if you read "When 'we' purchased our 2008 550i's" in the voice of Frasier it is better...
Old 01-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Contributors

lol
Old 01-19-2009, 01:17 PM
Members

That was quite frustrating. For some reason it took 3 or 4 hours and changing my email address twice to get an email it liked. Working on a reply. Sorry it took so long.

*EDIT*

Sorry my reply is multi post. It wouldn't let me quote the 6 or 7 post all in one long post.
Old 01-19-2009, 01:47 PM
Members

I wanted to start out by apologizing for not being able to jump in here and form a reply sooner than this. Brian as well as two members in this post, one of which I was dicussing this upgrade with via livechat this afternoon, send me the link and asked for me to come reply. Don?t know what the issue was but it took hours for me to get the validation email, had to transfer it to my home email that goes to my phone so I could join. Really a hassle.

On the 2nd front I don?t want to sound like a ?salesman?. You can find me on many other forums and I do my best to be a member providing information rather than a pushy salesman. I have a lot of direct BMW experience, I went to school to work on cars and I know my way around BMWs. So in light of that, if the mods/admin/owner wants us to donate to ?sell? here or sponsor the forum please let me know. In the time being I will reply directly to as many of these post as I can with informative, yet not salesy(is this a word?), post, most with photos.

To start I would like to say that Brian is a repeat customer. The ?we? he is referring to is his family. They are a family of BMW owners, a 550i, a 530i and a 330ci currently in their stable. I don?t see the need to attack him as if he is an employee in disguise or some sort of ?sneaky? ad campaign we are running. Brian does not work at BSW, he is not paid by BSW and he emailed me offering to post up some reviews. I told him he didn?t have to but if he wanted to it would be much appreaciated. You can see from the links below he has many more post on other forums and he post reviews of shops as well. I know he doesn?t work for Performing Imports or Dinan.

His BSW d110 review:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum/showt...d.php?t=1117351

His review of a local shop and products:
http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...d.php?t=592989

So let?s leave the attacks on Brian out of it because it is not warranted and not needed. He offered to post up a review of our product on his own time and on his own accord. We thank him for that and we found a forum we did not know of in the process!
Old 01-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by craigm1841' post='771628
Where did you purchase them and how much were they? Did you do just the fronts or rears too?
Our website is www.bavsound.com. Pricing is Standard 589.99 and Logic7 699.99. I will discuss at the end pricing ?discounts? for forum members, BMWCCA members etc. Brian got a complete Logic7 replacement. All 11 interior drivers were replaced. Everything minus the underseat subs.

Originally Posted by Howitzer' post='771656' date='Jan 19 2009, 02:43 PM
Quite true. The cost markup is too high. They aren't even brand-name speakers which makes it somewhat worse. You have no idea what you're getting. The other thing is they make it sound like its "custom made" for your BMW. Well thats bullshit. You got small tweeters in front and rear, 6 1/2 speakers pretty much everywhere else and its all standard sizing. Very easy for you to walk into a store and buy the pairs yourself for way, WAY less money. The only benefit I see is that you don't have to attach the in-line clips since its done for you.

Actually, now I'm starting to get mad about it! I'll stop. =)

I don?t want to get into an argument but you are completely wrong. BMW has never used a ?standard? 6.5 midbass driver. BMW since the E34 chassis BMW has specific sized and made drivers. They don?t even use a standard 4 prong mount.

BMW also has special mounts and brackets that make installation of a standard size speaker difficult. Take for instance an E46 Coupe/Vert. The midrange(2.5? and the tweeter 1?) are mounted and glued/bolted to a single bracket that is held in by 3 bolts. What does BSW do? Mount our drivers in a custom made bracket so all you do is unplug, plug and bolt.

That is not available on the ?open market?. Another example here is the X5 and E34 front midrange mount. No one that I know of makes a 2.5? midrange(besides BMW) and certainly no one makes one with an oval mount with 2 bolt holes:

On the E60/E90 front we get into the OEM speaker sizes. BMW uses a 4? midbass/midrange and a 5/8? tweeter. Certainly again not a ?standard size? and mounting a 6.5 midbass driver is going to require either cutting the metal of your door shell or building an MDF mounting adapter. Photo of our CUSTOM made driver below(as well as tweeters). We designed this speaker on a piece of paper, it was sent and blueprints were made, then we got some prorotypes and then custom tooling was setup.

We are not a fly by night programming peddling rebadged Alpine speakers. The name brand is BSW. I use our BSW drivers in my 99 M3, my 96 328iC as well as the E28 and E30 I used to own. They are designed and built in either the US, Germany or Asia. All depends on the actual driver. We offer a 30 day satisfaction guarantee. If you don?t like them, wish the cones were neon blue, whatever. Just send them back. No red tape, no restocking fee. Just an iron clad guarantee.

http://bavariansoundwerks.com/ourguarantee.php
Members

Originally Posted by Hailander' post='771663
10% is the standard industry discount. Not really good enough. We are talking group buy 10+ people. 20% would be more in line with that many people.
10% could be considering a 'standard'. We give this discount to forum members, BMWCCA members, active military etc etc etc. As I discussed via chat with one of the members here the discount could and would grow with a larger purchase number. If 10 people wanted to order than we can get up to the 20% range in terms of a discount. For just a single person ordering though that simply is not possible.

You will find that many vendors on many forums offer no type of discount. No type of sale. No type of group buy. We love our customers and give back when we can and do quite frequently. Many a customer has opened their box of Stage 1 and Install Tool Kit and found that we included the sound deadening kit for free. I pride myself on my persona customer service and as the general manager here I make sure we keep the CS at the top of the peak. We don't have forums full of negative reviews, we don't have angry customers complaining of lack of service on forums. If you become a BSW customer you will be taken care of. That I can guarantee.

Originally Posted by iCharles' post='771756' date='Jan 19 2009, 04:22 PM

I have seen lots of post in the 'car pics' section of people saying "I just bought a 2006 M3 SMG and here are some pics". His family, the 'we' in this case, love BMWs. So 'they' purchased the 550i. I don't really see the need to attack Brian here.

I would say the BSW 'group' is quite large. We are staffed by BMWCCA members, HPDE instructors and auto-x junkies. Our customers are all in the same group. From just your 'bmw owner' to the BMWCCA Club Racer that tows his IP M3 with his X5 and he needs an iPod kit and subwoofer.
Members

Originally Posted by hondik' post='771758' date='Jan 19 2009, 04:26 PM
Can someone please post a link and real-life experience other then promo? Thanks!
Certainly!

E60 Review:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/1471479-post1.html

Here are some E90(Standard and L7 Review). Drivers and Amps are Shared in new Chassis Vehicles. Mounting depths, counter sunk drivers or flush mount drivers differ.

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php...mp;postcount=33

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showpost....amp;postcount=7

2 part review:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php...mp;postcount=24
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpost.php...mp;postcount=31

So there you have it. We are not here to be an evil vendor. We always entertain the idea of extended/deeper discount for group buys. We provide stellar support before and after purchase. We design, build and sell solutions that really are custom built for your BMW.

If you have more questions let me know. And yes, we can setup a group buy so if your interested let me know so we can get a number 
Old 01-19-2009, 02:07 PM
Contributors

WOOHOO!!!! I LOVE when a vendor comes in and defends his stuff! Kudos!

Quick Reply: Great Speaker Upgrade To Our 550i - Thanks BSW!